The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

I am having a strange experience with some of my instruments and at the same time. First, my moisture sensor says all my plants are "wet" but ,my flowering girls look droopy to me so O watered them. It's been two days, they loo fry but the sensor says full wet. Do I believe my eyes or the tool I use?

Similar issue with different temp and humidity sensors. One is giving me higher - significantly higher humidity and one is giving me higher temps. I'm talking two different manufacturers of temp and humidity in the same room. One says 48% humidity at 76 degrees the other says 35% humidity at 86.4 degrees. can they really be so different two feet apart?

Weird! Three weeks to go I REALLY don't want to screw this up at this point. Any suggestions?

Here is what is growing in my shed... Three Las Vegas Triangle Kush and the small one is 91 Skunk D, Growing in 10 gallon pots with LOS, "Coots mix". I planted sprouts in soil on Sept 22cnd, the 91 Skunk D was planted a week later when one of the LVTK seeds failed. I have a clover cover crop growing with the cannabis. I also Have a little Veg garden growing in the same space, Radishes, Bok Choy, spinach Lettuce, carrots. Picked a few radishes last night, going pick some baby spinach today.
LVTK.JPG
veggarden.JPG
Love the veggies - everything looks great! Beautiful crop.

I am having a strange experience with some of my instruments and at the same time. First, my moisture sensor says all my plants are "wet" but ,my flowering girls look droopy to me so O watered them. It's been two days, they loo fry but the sensor says full wet. Do I believe my eyes or the tool I use?

Similar issue with different temp and humidity sensors. One is giving me higher - significantly higher humidity and one is giving me higher temps. I'm talking two different manufacturers of temp and humidity in the same room. One says 48% humidity at 76 degrees the other says 35% humidity at 86.4 degrees. can they really be so different two feet apart?

Weird! Three weeks to go I REALLY don't want to screw this up at this point. Any suggestions?
I have a "Dr. meter" moisture meter that I use, I also just use my index finger. I stick my finger into the soil as far as I can to see if it is moist/wet. I usually check in multiple areas.

DSC00680_800x532_2_.jpg
gnats are easy in dirt. put a 1/4 inch of sand on top.......no more gnats.
Just a new member combing through the forums -- This is a great idea -- never thought of sand as a barrier to the soil the gnats are attracted to. -- so cool -- and I just started noticing them with my new grow.. will definitely use this technique .

MotaMan

I have a question that I thought might be interesting to ask here. I have grown for a few years outside now - first grow i was meticulous about the cure and it turned out great. Next year I was a little lazy and it turn out terrible. This year I stayed on top of it like I should and it turned out what I thought was above acceptable. A friend gave me some jack herer she grew (first time growing) and it tasted phenomenal compared to mine and even better then a good portion of what I've tried. I asked "how did you cure this is tastes great?" Her response was "whats that?" "Oh all I did was hang it up in the washroom for a month"

Why in god name did that Jack taste so good?

It's the environment of the cure I believe -- I'm in Illinois and harvest my indoor late March and hang it in my garage with a fan on it from 15 ft away -- just enough to circulate and in a month or less I have a nice stash.. and temp during cure is cool 30 to 40s.. nice and slow

I think a rapid dry screws it up totally , not letting the sugars and flavors mature - like a wine.. But this is my hokey comment I am sure the scientific dudes are sure to follow..

MotaMan

:yummy: There is more growing experience in The Over 50 Club than in most growing threads on 420 Magazine.

Other threads consistently replow the same ground; "Am I over fertilizing? Over watering? Is this a male?" :scratchinghead:

Look, dont take this wrong. I'm happy folks get to learn a lot on here :geek:
And the general attitude of the folks on the site is great :high-five:

BUT...(you knew it was coming)... :skeptical:

If you want a growing question answered from folks with a vast amount of hands-on experience, from people who are used to making stuff work well, WITHOUT a lot of money and input costs, or extra work...then The Mountain is the place to be ;)

:nomo: People from all over the site can come here, to the Mountain, to have their growing questions answered for real, by the oldest and most experienced growing folks on 420 Magazine!

If I had a growing problem with any of the crops on my farm, I asked my Dad and Grandpa and that is precisely how I view our contributions to this site. :amen:

So this is it.

The Mountain.

:Namaste:
hey my name is kaulder and i have been self taught for 4 years just became a "free bird" 3 months ago and am looking to become an apprentice or at most a mentor to teach the stuff i cant learn on my own. i am a student wanting to learn more from the masters of this art can someone please take me under their wing and teach me?

hey my name is kaulder and i have been self taught for 4 years just became a "free bird" 3 months ago and am looking to become an apprentice or at most a mentor to teach the stuff i cant learn on my own. i am a student wanting to learn more from the masters of this art can someone please take me under their wing and teach me?

Did hydro in 80's and it was fun - grew some of the original Skunk weed when it first came out - those buds were so sticky they stuck when ya tossed them at somethin - those were the best times... But I digress -- have no tips on hydro -- it seems a lot of work and it was back then..

But again - this is the place to post a question and receive a quick and knowledgeable response..

Here's one of my girls

MotaMan

IMG_0527.JPEG

Did hydro in 80's and it was fun - grew some of the original Skunk weed when it first came out - those buds were so sticky they stuck when ya tossed them at somethin - those were the best times... But I digress -- have no tips on hydro -- it seems a lot of work and it was back then..

But again - this is the place to post a question and receive a quick and knowledgeable response..

Here's one of my girls

MotaMan

IMG_0527.JPEG
Beautiful chunky lady there!

Just a new member combing through the forums -- This is a great idea -- never thought of sand as a barrier to the soil the gnats are attracted to. -- so cool -- and I just started noticing them with my new grow.. will definitely use this technique .

MotaMan
Diatomaceous earth also kills gnats and some other bugs.....just spread it lightly over the surface...

I'm self taught; been growing hydro for five years.

When you're delving in something illegal -- isn't it always self taught.. ?? HaHa... But if you get it down then go with the way makes your grow the best ..

MotaMan

When you're delving in something illegal -- isn't it always self taught.. ?? HaHa... But if you get it down then go with the way makes your grow the best ..

MotaMan
OK. I had lots of help here. LOL. @InTheShed is my guru.

I've been growing on / off since I was 14 -- yea . I'm 61 now -- but when it costs me .74 a gram to home grow , you know where my and everyone's incentive to grow comes from...

I'm still learning -- now I got my nephew back home -- he worked in the green triangle Ca. -- his knowledge I'm still tapping into - incredible the shit I'm picking up..

Good luck with your grow

MotaMan

I've been growing on / off since I was 14 -- yea . I'm 61 now -- but when it costs me .74 a gram to home grow , you know where my and everyone's incentive to grow comes from...

I'm still learning -- now I got my nephew back home -- he worked in the green triangle Ca. -- his knowledge I'm still tapping into - incredible the shit I'm picking up..

Good luck with your grow

MotaMan
Wow. I wanted to grow years ago but was afraid to. Now I grow and enjoy every bit of it. I'm not sure it has saved me money, LOL. If I added up all the expenses, I'm probably in the hole, but I enjoy the medicine I can make, and it makes me happy.

One says 48% humidity at 76 degrees the other says 35% humidity at 86.4 degrees. can they really be so different two feet apart?
Hi Drey. One or both of your devices is wrong. Find an old fashioned 'analog' thermometer. One with either a mercury column or alcohol. Leave it beside one thermometer, then the other. See which one it agrees with.

Back
Top Bottom