The Quest - One Plant - Two Pounds

The drivers are running at 1400 miliamps. The way it was explained to me....185 volts x 1.4 amps = 259 ÷ 4 = 64.75. So I was wrong. I was thinking a differant light I have running a 120 driver at 1400ma with 3 cob is 56. So this light is 1040 roughly. I shouldn't be smoking and posting shit...lol.

These cobs are cxb3070, they require 36 volts each to fire so a 185 can run 4. To be more efficient you could use a 240 driver with 5 cxa3590, run less voltage through them but gain about 7 to 8 percent more efficiency but the 3590 cost almost twice as much.

this is Me jumping on the Cree COB bandwagon . . . . . :thumb:

are those CPU heat sinks with a fan ? & some L stock bar AL

But just because the supply is labeled a 185 doesn't make it 185v. The spec sheet I downloaded from the manufacturer shows it has an overload safety protection that trips at 160. And that it operates from 71 to 143. 143v x 1.4a = 200.2w. Now I'm no electrician but I am fairly confident in my ability to read a spec sheet. Unless you removed the overload protection there's no way you are pushing that voltage.

If that is the case then I am wrong. I can only go by what I have read in other forums. That just makes the light even more impressive at 800 watts. I have never looked at the spec sheet for the driver, guess I should.
Oh absolutely impressive for sure. And again I'm sorry if I came across argumentative I am just a stickler on the details. Pisses my mom off every time I speak to her.

No worries. We all have to learn and trust me, I am wrong alot! There are a couple guys on youtube that have great info. Do some searches for diy led, I would tell ypu who but I have gotten PM from devs about links and shit...oh well, search growmau5. His shit is sweet.

Just watched one of growmau5 vids. Wow. Now I am curious.

Yeah ZW, just a cpu heatsink with a fan on each one and aluminum angle to make a frame. I made a couple out of big one piece aluminum heastinks but they were really heavy and put alot of stress on my tents.

I gotta coverted 2nd bath room as a grow room indoors & have a 32' x 22' greenhouse on the south side of the house
I got beams to hang from so the slab AL plate gonna do me on this go around , I have plenty of AL bar stock on hand
that's not an issue stock & parts but $$ is all the case goes toward the cobs / powersupplies
I'm hacking my mars collection for parts as well
yeah I'd love meanwells as I used them watercoolin' but with a $ issue I'll use the mars p/s till i upgrade
most import to me is moving from mars to cobs in a cost effective way I'm on a fixed income
so
me ,
I got allota $$$ already invested in the mars
so I Gotta gut them for parts slowly while the grow is just starting , one mars @ a time
I'm just selecting moms & got some killer clones from the Emerald Tri-angle show in Sonoma Ca on early Dec
Fire OG , Chernobyl (killer phenoe Robust) & I set some seed as well & I got a Big Sur Holy Weed plant from last summer

BTW what strain are we watching you grow ? ?
seed grown or a clone ?
how long ya veg before flower ?

I started doing that as well keeping veging girls & moms running all the time , I like seed but some strains it's best to let some else do the pheno search
i got really robust pheno of Chernobyl as clone but a bought a seed pack of 'the flav' both subcool's rigs
got some moms of big sur holy weed

Back
Top Bottom