The Quest - One Plant - Two Pounds

u guys catch the chat on tub e

Update, went to my veg set up today to scrog another plant and hang a light so I got some more pics. I was off on my calculations were of, this is start of week 4.

20160102_164456.jpg

This plant is next to the plant I am doing the journal on.

20160102_164503.jpg

20160102_164513.jpg

I got a couple pics of the second light I built, this light is the one that pulled almost 2 lbs.

20160102_164523.jpg

20160102_164530.jpg

That light went over this one today.

20160102_164536.jpg

I drop the lights as close as I can and still have coverage. Average about 8 to 12 inches. The cobs themselves don't radiate alot of heat, the heat sinks pull alot away.

what did them sinks run ya ? 36" or 48"

, Good Job they look great , makes me envious
while watching football I repo'ed a few AVR's Onkyo Jez don't ever buy one three went bad on me
anyway scored some really nice blk anadized sinks outta them
one had 2 large ones
had a amp from PC DEll/Altec/Lansin system I go enuff to do a array

i see frost , how high are the cob's over the canopy ?

I got my meanwells in had , ordered CXB3590 3500K cob's from the AU & gonna order more CXB3070 from PLC to hackout my mars2

Growmau5 did the conversion with an old mars. One of those drivers will power 2 cobs.
I ripped into a near brand new mars 900 has 7 drivers I can run 14 cobs on them @ 700 I gonna get 3070 cobs 4 those drivers & I've got 12 3590 's coming from AU
all told I've got 6 mars I'll hack them all , run a run with them & then after they done their deed with Pix then sell , move on to all 3590's on AL bar stock in my room , don't have the $ to fund a whole swap over without the mars parts (the sinks & drivers in the mars2 are very useful with these cree cob builds
I;m not doing passive the amount of sink needed 4 running passive cooling makes the light assy too large 4 my taste & needs

did u drill & tap the cob holders ? to the cpu coolers/sinks

I did not tap the holes for the cob holders. I did drill holes first but I used #6 self tapping screws. The head is a little bigger than the #4 growmau5 uses but it works and I didn't know he tapped his until I was 3 builds into the 4 I needed so I just kept using the screws I had. I will be changing the lights around as I go. I will build a couple more and this time I will do panels of 4 cobs with remote drivers to save weight and make them more modular. With 4 cob bars I can use 5 bars instead of 4, get to 1000 watts per plant and be able to set them at different heights to really put the light where I need it.

The mars mod is sweet. If you are using top bin 3070s you will see that they will do just as well as the 3590s. The 3590s are about 7 to 10 percent more efficient running 5 of them. For the cost of the 3590s I don't think it is worth the price. Right now the 3590 is twice as expensive as the 3070. I was really lucky, I found 48 3070s for 13 bucks each this summer, bought them all! Last I looked they were 36 to 40 and the 3590s were almost 80. Haven't looked in about a month though.

U found 48 3070s for 13 bucks ??? WOW
i'd bought them all too !! man I'd love to find them like that I'd put into the mars & cl baby

current prices $$

3590 54$ kit outta AU 49$ HK

3070 36$
you'd make up that difference quick @ current prices
that 54$ was the kit with linel reflector , holder & pad
10% alot in the long run soo much soo I'm holding off on the 3070 & am only gonna buy 3590's

I've got 12 3590's on the way the 1st of more buys with the kit the 3590 is actually near priced
I got some CPU/server coolers match set of 12 used/reclaimed $3 each they have heat pipes as well I got fans for them

I did not tap the holes for the cob holders. I did drill holes first but I used #6 self tapping screws. The head is a little bigger than the #4 growmau5 uses but it works and I didn't know he tapped his until I was 3 builds into the 4 I needed so I just kept using the screws I had. I will be changing the lights around as I go. I will build a couple more and this time I will do panels of 4 cobs with remote drivers to save weight and make them more modular. With 4 cob bars I can use 5 bars instead of 4, get to 1000 watts per plant and be able to set them at different heights to really put the light where I need it.

I read horror stories of guys bustin taps into there sinks , I'm using the screws I get outta pc salvage they have a small non threaded tip
Ya drill a hole to match that nub & just sink a screw AL & Copper are Soft . PC MFGers use them just like that on punched steel soo AL is no problemo

Back
Top Bottom