The Real God Bud Grow Journal

Thanks Blue! I'm sure Gilda is going to be bulking up plenty! I will be adding a side light for her today so I hope that will help her add on the grams. Greta looks like shes going to end up being just one 3-4" nugget! Hopefully a potent one! :grinjoint:

And I can't wait for these NM's to show me what they are. Nirvana puts out some quality genetics (as you have seen with your AK-48) and that makes me anxious! At least I know I will be getting some more killer smoke!

It would be cool if there was a way to find out what they sent you, wonder if we'll be able to ID any of them, if they sent you an ak48 there's a pretty good chance we'll be able to tell. My WW and Bubbleicious are both Nirvana too, so far nothing resembling a complaint!

:peace: my friend.

It would be cool if there was a way to find out what they sent you, wonder if we'll be able to ID any of them, if they sent you an ak48 there's a pretty good chance we'll be able to tell. My WW and Bubbleicious are both Nirvana too, so far nothing resembling a complaint!

:peace: my friend.

That is pretty much the general consensus around here when it comes to Nirvana quality. Good to know buddy!

What I'm really interested in now is to see if Gilda Belle turns red/purple. If you google BC God Bud, you get some really good images. And a lot of them show almost blood red leaves towards the end of the flowering cycle. This would make my day! My first go-round with God Bud, I didn't get to take her that far into flowering because I had to move. I would be ecstatic to see some crazy colored plant in my grow space!

Update time! Got some pics of the grow today to show you all what's been going on. Bud production for the most part! I was able to add a 42w 2700K CFL as side lighting for Gilda Belle. I hope this pays off! Pics!

Gilda Belle - 30 days flowering.

20110122175958.jpg
20110122180007.jpg
20110122180015.jpg
20110122180029.jpg

Now for Greta.

20110122180042.jpg
20110122180048.jpg

And NM3 - 6 days flowering.

20110122180103.jpg
20110122180209.jpg

Group shot.

20110122180156.jpg

So that's pretty much it. These GB's are doing great! And NM3 still hasn't shown any signs of sex. But she's staying nice and short, very indica. As for NM1, I just don't know what the future holds for her. I still don't have funds for soil and she is just showing a lot of stress. Her leaves are very droopy. Hopefully I can get my hands on something soon! But hey, if worse comes to worse, she's gone and I either start another Nirvana seed or one of the seeds I got off of my mystery bud.

:peacetwo: Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! :party:

Very nice looking plants. right down to the tips of the leaves. Those ladies are well on their way to giving birth.:welldone:

Looking right on the glide path Smokey.... don't you love those 42w bulbs? I can never find them in 6500k, just the 2700's. Rock on buddy!

I hear ya on not being able to get them in 6500K, but hey I'll take what I can get! I believe Gilda is definitely enjoying it! :grinjoint:

hey dude why are you flowering really small plants when you have so much space? Its just im working with a small space and flowering as well.

Well the mutant, Greta Belle, is just as old as Gilda but never really developed into a full sized plant. And the NM3 has only been in flower for just over a week, so I expect her to get taller. Gilda shot up from 6" at the beginning of 12/12 to her current 23". I am limited in height, so I have to try and keep them short to avoid running out of head room.

Very nice looking plants. right down to the tips of the leaves. Those ladies are well on their way to giving birth.:welldone:

Thanks pal! :hookah:

Hey Smokey. I was sorta trying to speed read up on your trip ya got. I had a question?? Why the rock wool for the seedlings? nd you did pH the rock wool overnight? Thought maybe that could be reason for tweaked little girl. I used rock wool before, but mainly so the seedlings could grow in hydroponic mediums, or for cloning. You seem to have it down, how far down and such to plant, just myself, I find straight into the soil you was going to use.
BC God Bud,,,,, I was thinking that myself. But after I seen the flowering time for the Sweet Tooth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I remember smoking some Sweet back afew years, and it was the kind. Well they claim 40-45 day finish. Yet to be seen. They only have reg seeds, so I got 8 going now. They sent me some Burmese freebies. They are reg also. I have 4 going now. They was the bank that was happening, awhile ago, and as far as winning a cup or two. God Bud is on my list tho. Seems most pot I grow anymore doesn't have that 'Old Fashion' STANK. And they claim BC GB is suppose to be all that. Best with it. I see you don't top. You really wanna get that upward growth slowed, top it, 'fim' it, whatever it's called, on it's 3rd set, 4th set at the latest, and when shes 2/3 the height you want, drench the soil with a good dose of 3 mils bushmasters/per gallon. Stuff works. Called a MUST on one of them wheel rotary grow things. When top space is total premium. Costy 20 per 4 Oz bottle. But it will last awhile. One time thing. Water once when you start the 12/12. Cuts back on the stretch, and stacks the bud sites tighter. Or that could've been prime LSTing prodject. WOW thats more than I typed all last year. Hey buds looking tasty gotta send +++'s. Keep em Green

I hear ya on not being able to get them in 6500K, but hey I'll take what I can get!

Have you tried Home DePot? My local one carries the Phillips 42W 6500K bulbs. :roorrip:

Got alot fairly cheap on the net too. HTG supply has some t-55 units that look sharp for a cheap price also. I think its like 70$ for a 10,000 lum fluorescent unit. Acouple of them put out some great lite for small grows, and heat is min. I used them many times for everything from cloning to flowering. Lates

Hey Smokey. I was sorta trying to speed read up on your trip ya got. I had a question?? Why the rock wool for the seedlings? nd you did pH the rock wool overnight? Thought maybe that could be reason for tweaked little girl. I used rock wool before, but mainly so the seedlings could grow in hydroponic mediums, or for cloning. You seem to have it down, how far down and such to plant, just myself, I find straight into the soil you was going to use.
BC God Bud,,,,, I was thinking that myself. But after I seen the flowering time for the Sweet Tooth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I remember smoking some Sweet back afew years, and it was the kind. Well they claim 40-45 day finish. Yet to be seen. They only have reg seeds, so I got 8 going now. They sent me some Burmese freebies. They are reg also. I have 4 going now. They was the bank that was happening, awhile ago, and as far as winning a cup or two. God Bud is on my list tho. Seems most pot I grow anymore doesn't have that 'Old Fashion' STANK. And they claim BC GB is suppose to be all that. Best with it. I see you don't top. You really wanna get that upward growth slowed, top it, 'fim' it, whatever it's called, on it's 3rd set, 4th set at the latest, and when shes 2/3 the height you want, drench the soil with a good dose of 3 mils bushmasters/per gallon. Stuff works. Called a MUST on one of them wheel rotary grow things. When top space is total premium. Costy 20 per 4 Oz bottle. But it will last awhile. One time thing. Water once when you start the 12/12. Cuts back on the stretch, and stacks the bud sites tighter. Or that could've been prime LSTing prodject. WOW thats more than I typed all last year. Hey buds looking tasty gotta send +++'s. Keep em Green

Hey Norcaliwood! First I want to thank you for stopping in. Don't ever worry about length of posts here, we all ramble from time to time! :grinjoint:

So let's start with the rockwool. I do soak them in PH'd RO for at least 24 hours before putting a seedling in. I like the rockwool because it is cheap, and if a seed doesn't sprout, then I didn't waste any time setting it up in soil in a cup. I just wait til I have a sprout in the cube, then I know shes good to be popped in the soil. I just bury it right under the top of the soil, maybe a 1/2".

Next, the God Bud. The website of BC Bud Depot does not lie. This bud STINKS! When you crack a fresh nug and smell it, your initial instinct is to pull it away because it is THAT pungent. Also the high is incredible. I will try Sweet Tooth eventually, that's why your grow caught my eye. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Also I've seen a ton of successful BK grows, so good luck with them freebies as well.

Now, topping and FIM. I have found that I don't personally like to cut the plants, unless its to remove fan leaves. I've tried both, and didn't really think the end was worth the means, ya know? But, as for LST, I love that pruning method! I would have (well I should have) LST'd Gilda. I was just burnt out from all the tying that my last grow required, so I decided to just let a few go. There will definitely be more LST grows in my future! :yahoo:

I'm definitely going to check out that bushmasters stuff. Sounds like something that is very beneficial to a grower with limited spaces, such as I.

Thanks for the +reps bro and thanks for the post! Nothing better than a good discussion about my favorite friend!

:party:

Have you tried Home DePot? My local one carries the Phillips 42W 6500K bulbs. :roorrip:

I have not check Home DePot yet, thanks for the tip! :thanks:

If you have a Manards in your area, try them for the 6500k 42 watt bulbs. I picked up a few of them from Manards a little while back. picked them up for around $8 too.

Don't know if I have a Manards anywhere around here. Never heard of it until now. But thanks ThinkFab!

:peacetwo:

Hey everyone! I know it has been awhile since I've been able to give an update. Things have been really hectic for me! But, regardless of all that, I am here with some photos! I am also here to inform you that NM3 turned out to be a male. :rip: It really sucks because that was an extremely healthy looking plant.

We shall continue on with these God Bud's instead!

Here is Gilda Belle - 43 days flowering.

20110204172851.jpg
20110204172900.jpg
20110204172917.jpg
20110204172929.jpg

And next we have Greta. Still looking great besides some yellowing leaves. I was late a whole day for a watering and she wilted badly, but has recovered just fine.

20110204172941.jpg
20110204172949.jpg

I will be feeding Gilda tonight. I will also be clearing out large fan leaves to increase light penetration. My next grow will be a SOG in 2 gal pots with all feminized seeds, strain TBD. So I won't be starting anything new until these 2 girls finish out, which should be in around 20-30 days.

Take it easy friends! :peace:

Looking great. Hoping everything is good in your world. :popcorn:

Everything is great man! Just been shoveling my butt off over in my corner of the world. I'm running out of places to put snow!!

Hope everything is well for you too bro! :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom