The yellow card trick

vastok

Is exactly what is is, find a piece of yellow cardboard cut it to the size of a playing card.

Next smear cooking oil on both sides, not a lot, just dampen it.

Bend out a paper clip, and insert to the card, and hang it at eye level in ya grow room.

Leave for a day or two.

With luck, next day you will see tiny specks (white fly) perhaps many others too.stuck to the card, trapped in the cooking oil.

Now you've just saved ya plants from these tiny vampires, sucking away at those precious juices the plant needs to grow,
change the card every 2-3 days keep hanging these up, just to monitor the effectiveness of this trick,or like me you forget month after month, but they still keep trapping the vampires.
White fly aphids, gnats, etc etc, all & some, lay their eggs in the soil and in and around plants, they love wet soil and damp plants, once hatched they make a beeline direct to the veins of your plants, and suck and suck.....
but hey have one weakness,.....the color yellow.

I learnt this trick from an elderly women, way back in 1975....God Bless Her

peace
"V"

ps even if you think you are safe, hang one up anyways..just in case

Re: << the yellow card trick >>

they now sell these with some nice stickey goo on 'em ... funny thing though I am using LED and the cards seem less effective due to the color of the light :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks for trick, but c'mmon re read what you posted, everything was completely articulate until you got to two specific words that you might speak in slang but make you sound retarded in text. Ya and Learnt. you or your and learned are not hard to spell. you sound intelligent until you try and throw out slang in text. please stop this. it just is unnecessary in text.

Is exactly what is is, find a piece of yellow cardboard cut it to the size of a playing card.

Next smear cooking oil on both sides, not a lot, just dampen it.

Bend out a paper clip, and insert to the card, and hang it at eye level in ya grow room.

Leave for a day or two.

With luck, next day you will see tiny specks (white fly) perhaps many others too.stuck to the card, trapped in the cooking oil.

Now you've just saved ya plants from these tiny vampires, sucking away at those precious juices the plant needs to grow,
change the card every 2-3 days keep hanging these up, just to monitor the effectiveness of this trick,or like me you forget month after month, but they still keep trapping the vampires.
White fly aphids, gnats, etc etc, all & some, lay their eggs in the soil and in and around plants, they love wet soil and damp plants, once hatched they make a beeline direct to the veins of your plants, and suck and suck.....
but hey have one weakness,.....the color yellow.

I learnt this trick from an elderly women, way back in 1975....God Bless Her

peace
"V"

ps even if you think you are safe, hang one up anyways..just in case

Thanks for the tip mate!
will bandy this around my circle ad see if we can get conclusive evidence for and against in different grow environs...

And some of us dont care how you say it. everyone from the lowliest untrained peasant to the highest scholar in the land can have a good idea or hold some treasured information...what counts is the willingness to share
:circle-of-love::Namaste:

And some of us dont care how you say it. everyone from the lowliest untrained peasant to the highest scholar in the land can have a good idea or hold some treasured information...what counts is the willingness to share
:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Good on ya GiGaBaNE! and preprodigy don't get any stickey goo on 'em :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks for trick, but c'mmon re read what you posted, everything was completely articulate until you got to two specific words that you might speak in slang but make you sound retarded in text. Ya and Learnt. you or your and learned are not hard to spell. you sound intelligent until you try and throw out slang in text. please stop this. it just is unnecessary in text.

C'mmon dude!..unfortunately MJ, covers the entire social spectrum of the U.S. and other countries, in order to impart this information I attempt to cover as many English speakers as possible in my attempt to advise those peoples on my experiences with MJ, and if it is felt necessary to use what is now considered 'slang' local vernacular, to do so, then why not?
I speak, many languages, my first language is not English, although I make every attempt to conceal that, and the more so on this site
for my own reasons, should you feel that this answer is unsatisfactory to your needs please feel free to contact the moderator, for advice,

thanks and in good faith Dude

"V" (groovy)

Back
Top Bottom