TheBlaze: Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 1

Ride a bike in winter. Dam show off. Try that around here and you'd be Cool Runnning man. :rofl:

Course you won't get 10 feet of snow. :grinjoint:

Just caught up, looks like the bugs lost. :high-five:

Even hot dogs are good over fire, and that's saying something. ;)

Girls look great brother. :Namaste:

I got caught once in a hail storm on the bike. That was not fun.

Ride a bike full stop.

LOL! It's not so bad.

UPDATE

7 weeks (PE) and 6 weeks (SD)

First big update since the spider mite attack. Plants are looking good. I'm a little disappointed in the strawberry diesels. Very little frost, and they are floppy. I did cut them back aggressively though, because I thought they would stretch quite a bit. They didn't, so my bad on that call. Not much smell on them either. They have about 5 weeks left though, so hopefully they come good in the end.

Purple Envy, what can I say man. What a powerhouse strain. A true commercial growers dream. Let me list the benefits:

- Easy to grow
- Decent yield
- Beautiful grape smell
- Dense nugs, with good bag appeal
- Powerful smoke that presents quite a sativa punch as well
- Heat and pest resistant

Only downside to this strain for commercial purposes is it's 70 day flowering period. Not an issue for me, but for true commercial growers it might be.

20171002_111056.jpg
20171002_111111.jpg
20171002_111124.jpg
20171002_111233.jpg
20171002_111317.jpg
20171002_111300.jpg
20171002_111349.jpg
20171002_111429.jpg
20171002_111537.jpg

Thanks brother Suntana! They are not as healthy as your girls, but I'm very happy with them under the circumstances.

Can you spot all the plant yoyos holding up the strawberry diesel? LOL!

Thanks brother Suntana! They are not as healthy as your girls, but I'm very happy with them under the circumstances.

Can you spot all the plant yoyos holding up the strawberry diesel? LOL!
I can definitely SEE the plastic hooks,nice job keepin' those girls in check. I use Bamboo poles/stakes outside, usually run SCROG inside so the Net helps keep em' ALL organized. Well Sir, I put the tent up to dry out an early girl and I can't resist, IT'S GOING DOWN. Just picked up some Azomite from the local shop for .99(old mom and pops garden shop) a pound, grabbed 3.25 lbs. Also have the worm castings on the way(30 lbs), low on SRP, grabbed 40 lbs for cheap. I am also throwing in some ancient forest humus this round which I've been wanting to add along with the 25lbs of castings(I save five or so lbs to top off for flower). Anyway, I'm too excited for words right now to do another Indoor. In other news, My Bubba's Gift is looking lovely, really surprising me how small she was and filled a half gallon mason jar. Already tested and she's SOOOOO tasty, I did do the bud washing and WoW, they GLISTEN so much afterwards and DO taste better. I didn't get a ton of junk, but DEF noticeable debris and what not from my foliar regimen. Here's some shots of a bud I clipped up, I actually leave all the frosty leaves since I usually squish em or VAPE em', but I broke out the fisk's RIGHT quick for pictures.
P1060351.JPG
P1060352.JPG
P1060353.JPG
P1060354.JPG

I can't resist sharing, this stuff looks like GLASS. :yummy:

P10603582.JPG
P10603592.JPG
P10603571.JPG
P1060356.JPG
P1060355.JPG

Damn Johnnie, that is some tasty looking produce!

How do you find HSO seeds?

I'm looking forward to your indoor run. Make sure to post up the link here when you get your journal going. What lights are you going to use?

Humboldt offers some strains that interest me so I'm definitely interested in what you guys think.

I'm sold on Purple Envy from you and Ase, just need to order some seeds.

Does Gorilla stock any other must have strains to look at? They have a pretty solid selection of the DNA / Reserva Privada seeds, no Exodus Kush but they do have Sour Kush which we talked about in the past Blaze.

One last comment, I find it crazy that you can emerge from a spider mite attack with plants most people would love to have in their tent! Awesome job once again.

Damn Johnnie, that is some tasty looking produce!

How do you find HSO seeds?

I'm looking forward to your indoor run. Make sure to post up the link here when you get your journal going. What lights are you going to use?
YEAH buddy, striving for that HIGH brix my friend, I don't have a meter(One is on the way), but I can tell you that I had a couple small nugs dry in 3 days or so and she was SO tasty, the flavor JUST lingers brother! I've never had buds this tasty SO early, tomorrow is only a week from CHOP(Jar being burped as IM typing, still a bit moist, NOT wet or anything which is perfect for Day 6, RIGHT on track). SUPER frost buds, dense, even the lower branches are HEAVY. I have to say it, these are the frostiest bud's I've grown to date. WAIT, until I take SUM snaps this evening of the Cali O(wreaks of oranges/tangerines almost) that I'm yanking(NO not like a carrot LMFAO) probably Thursday. I could chop her now or whenever, she is JUICY RIPE for the picking, just being patient at this point for the flush of 7-10 days and I just watered last night and there every 3 days with the weather so THURSDAY IT IS. The P Express HOT on her trail, hoping for Saturday or Sunday.

I can tell you I REALLY love the taste of this Bubba's Gift(HSO), really surprised me filling a half gallon jar and CHUNKY buds. Really frosty as you can see in the pics and that's 4 days in the drying phase. I put the buds in jars a few days earlier than I like to, but I wanted to slow the process down a bit. NOW, for Blue Dream, she's HUGE, but flipped to flower WAY later than I like, she will run probably Oct 22nd or SO, NOT happy with that. I grow 8-9 week strains to pull LATE Sept - early OCTOBER. I had nice BUDS already on some of the others before she peaked out on the vertical growth. That being said, SHE is the biggest in the garden, probably 6ft 8 or 9, almost as big around, with buds that will be ARM size or BIG forearms like POPEYE!! She is just starting to bulk up(branches thru the fence, this has never happened), BD will get her last foliar feeding(last bulk/nitrate spray) this evening. All in all, I'm still in limbo with this plant, HUGE, lots of BIG tops, probably hit OVER an elbow on her own no problem SO... STAY tuned on her status.

I'll be rocking my LED's again, I love em,' heat is easily managed and there perfect for a FAT indoor SCROG. 3 plants is perfect for the baby 2x4. I'll shoot for 80-100g per plant again, IF I can outdo the last round of 8.6oz, or at least match it, that's lovely for the space and BUDGET LED's. I wish I had a room, HATE the damn sucking in and LOSING space. With the SCROG net, it helps, but even bracing the sides of the tent will still turn that 2x4 to LESS than. OH the struggles SIR, wait... it's NO struggle AT ALL. :Namaste:

Humboldt offers some strains that interest me so I'm definitely interested in what you guys think.

Does Gorilla stock any other must have strains to look at? They have a pretty solid selection of the DNA / Reserva Privada seeds, no Exodus Kush but they do have Sour Kush which we talked about in the past Blaze.

One last comment, I find it crazy that you can emerge from a spider mite attack with plants most people would love to have in their tent! Awesome job once again.
I wouldn't mind grabbing up the Purple Envy too, TOO many strains not enough space/time. I have so many freebie seeds, I need to do a 12/12 cycle from seed to see if there is anything worth grabbing again or remembering. I thought about giving them away, that would be cool to do actually, a good Samaritan situation. I'll just send them to a guy in SA I know. :thumb:

I wouldn't mind grabbing up the Purple Envy too, TOO many strains not enough space/time. I have so many freebie seeds, I need to do a 12/12 cycle from seed to see if there is anything worth grabbing again or remembering. I thought about giving them away, that would be cool to do actually, a good Samaritan situation. I'll just send them to a guy in SA I know. :thumb:
I'm in SA also, redirect some this way and I'll journal them

I've grown out 5 of the PE already, and they are extremely uniform. I had never heard of Advanced Female Seeds before, but they hit it out the park with Purple Envy. One of the few strains I can confidently recommend, and to think it was just free seeds. I wonder if the breeder knows that it is causing a bit of a stir on 420magazine.

I'm still a huge fan of DNA/Reserva Privada, and as mentioned before sour kush gets excellent user reviews. Same with their Kushberry as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the plants brother. I see they are draining their pots dry in just 2 days again. I will take that as a sign they are now fully recovered.

YEAH buddy, striving for that HIGH brix my friend, I don't have a meter(One is on the way), but I can tell you that I had a couple small nugs dry in 3 days or so and she was SO tasty, the flavor JUST lingers brother! I've never had buds this tasty SO early, tomorrow is only a week from CHOP(Jar being burped as IM typing, still a bit moist, NOT wet or anything which is perfect for Day 6, RIGHT on track). SUPER frost buds, dense, even the lower branches are HEAVY. I have to say it, these are the frostiest bud's I've grown to date. WAIT, until I take SUM snaps this evening of the Cali O(wreaks of oranges/tangerines almost) that I'm yanking(NO not like a carrot LMFAO) probably Thursday. I could chop her now or whenever, she is JUICY RIPE for the picking, just being patient at this point for the flush of 7-10 days and I just watered last night and there every 3 days with the weather so THURSDAY IT IS. The P Express HOT on her trail, hoping for Saturday or Sunday.

I can tell you I REALLY love the taste of this Bubba's Gift(HSO), really surprised me filling a half gallon jar and CHUNKY buds. Really frosty as you can see in the pics and that's 4 days in the drying phase. I put the buds in jars a few days earlier than I like to, but I wanted to slow the process down a bit. NOW, for Blue Dream, she's HUGE, but flipped to flower WAY later than I like, she will run probably Oct 22nd or SO, NOT happy with that. I grow 8-9 week strains to pull LATE Sept - early OCTOBER. I had nice BUDS already on some of the others before she peaked out on the vertical growth. That being said, SHE is the biggest in the garden, probably 6ft 8 or 9, almost as big around, with buds that will be ARM size or BIG forearms like POPEYE!! She is just starting to bulk up(branches thru the fence, this has never happened), BD will get her last foliar feeding(last bulk/nitrate spray) this evening. All in all, I'm still in limbo with this plant, HUGE, lots of BIG tops, probably hit OVER an elbow on her own no problem SO... STAY tuned on her status.

I'll be rocking my LED's again, I love em,' heat is easily managed and there perfect for a FAT indoor SCROG. 3 plants is perfect for the baby 2x4. I'll shoot for 80-100g per plant again, IF I can outdo the last round of 8.6oz, or at least match it, that's lovely for the space and BUDGET LED's. I wish I had a room, HATE the damn sucking in and LOSING space. With the SCROG net, it helps, but even bracing the sides of the tent will still turn that 2x4 to LESS than. OH the struggles SIR, wait... it's NO struggle AT ALL. :Namaste:

You need to post up some photos of that BD johnnie. She sounds like a beast. I wasn't too impressed with the BD's I ran, but they do smoke well so they redeemed themselves a bit. In fact, I kept back about 50g of the haze leaning pheno as personal smoke. Has an interesting metallic/chem/fruit smell.

What LED's do you use and how much power? Sorry man, inquiring minds want to know. LOL!

Yeah, send them my way. I will set up a local charity here and dole them out to the needy. :cheesygrinsmiley: ;)

BROOOOO, you see anything wrong here. I about POPPED last night enjoying my photo's. I'm like... WTF.. is THAT, SON of a bitch it's October and the moths are dropping eggs, damn bud worms. I found two this morning, I knew right where the sucker was and which bud and everything from the pictures. GOT his ass and another one on a different plant. The funny thing is, I should of knew since I saw a moth the other day landing on MY shit, the spider's(would of loved to leave the web all away around my garden, HE literally had me BOXED out, and I don't do WEBS to the face. I don't have a phobia like my daughter, but THICK intricate spider webs to the face, and I don't know where the spider is gets me PISSED) GET most of em though. This is only the third worm this season, 2 being this morning. The one in the PIC was super lethargic I was irritated, BUT laughin' at the same time regarding how STUPIFIED the worm was, it barely moved. The second one I found was a baby, SO i caught that one quicker. JUST a reminder to me that even when you are on AUTO pilot, DON'T get complacent. I was a HAWK this morning, they also leave key little indicators sometimes like a small leaf just dried up CLOSE to a bud, TELL tell sign the worm sucked that leaf DRY.
P10603812.JPG

This morning...
P10603922.JPG
P10604023.JPG

Macro shot so they look BIGGER than they really are, but the Green one was good size. I have to water everything tomorrow SO another check WILL be in order!!

In other news, I forgot how busy I will be tomorrow so I chopped the Cali O. The Orange smell has my mouth salivating IMMEDIATELY, and the FROST is abundant to say the least. Well, two down, 6 to go, I washed up the buds and there currently in the tent drying. These buds are glowing and glistening LIKE never before, and I've never seen my plants LOSE there leaves SO quickly in flower to clear room for bud sites. Plants always thin themselves out in my experience, but this was Wow, almost like you have a nitrogen problem, but YOU don't, it's just shedding all those BIG water leaves. I have experienced the lime glow too, I'm betting these are in the High Brix Realm or ON the verge. Either way, these girls are the GREASE!!

BLOW UP session SIR, I know you don't MIND.

P10603602.JPG
P10603944.JPG
P10603962.JPG
P10603972.JPG
P10603981.JPG
P1060400.JPG
P10604013.JPG
P10603933.JPG

P10604052.JPG

The water after a big plant washed that will yield between 6-8 easily, there HEFTY!!

P10604072.JPG

Quite a bit of debris removed on this one, the leaves looked SO shiny and lime green/glowing after the wash.

Here is the BIG BD girl, she makes me think of MY favorite Queen Song for some reason(Fat bottom girls you MAKE the rockin' world GO round). This sucker and the TANGIE are going to have some HUGE main cola's.
P10603651.JPG
P10603661.JPG
P10603671.JPG

FOR comparison, that fence is almost 5 ft, and the tops are near the bottom of the sheds eaves. She's a MONSTER no doubt!! Also, the first pic, the angle is upward and I'm almost 6 ft 1 without shoes. I didn't crouch. When I clear out more plants I'll get a pic of the whole plant to show how WIDE too.

P.S. I think I'm done.... FOR NOW!!! Thank you for letting me share, I'm not taking over your Journal although IT did CROSS my mind. :cheer:

We'll have to talk about the seeds(looks like another guy Justin in your neck of the woods in SA), I wonder how difficult it would be to get em' to you. I feel like I'll never get to the freebies, some I've had for multiple years. There are some Auto's in there too, but MOST are feminized. There is one pack they blew it on and gave me 3 regulars, but it wasn't a big deal.

Ok, IM really done this time...
P10604082.JPG
P10604092.JPG
P10604122.JPG

Back on track, I'll be rockin' two Mar's 400's in late Veg/Flower. I'll start out with a smaller LED from Mar's but only draws 110 watts or so(plenty for seedlings and early Veg, the 400's are right around 170ish watts each ).

Beautiful photos Johnnie! I love them. I'm a big fan of that Cali-O. I assume the breeder is DP as mentioned in the post above? I've smoked Cali-O a few times. Definitely has an orange taste to it. More so than anything else I've smoked for sure.

That BD is massive indeed. You're going to have 2 - 3 ft long colas. Insane man.

Oh, and don't stress about the seeds bud. I was just joking my man. I appreciate the sentiment, but there is really no need. :thumb:

You are always welcome to post your pics here.

Back
Top Bottom