Think I've got a magnesium deficiency

Sascwatch

Im back again with my second grow and I've got a few leaves that are showing signs of a magnesium deficiency. Plants are in week 4 of flower.

1000w HPS
Promix HP in 3gallon pots
Plants were flushed when light was switched to 12/12 with 8 gallons of 5.8ph water.
Currently feeding 20ml of cal mag per 5gallons of water
30ml of part A super nutrients bloom and 30ml of part B. 30% strength.
Water, nutrients, water, nutrients....
Always ph'd to 5.7-5.75 and it drifts up on its own.
Week 4 of 12/12
Ppm of tap water is unknown

Plants that are showing the deficiency are of an unknown strain, produce well 4+oz per plant. Currently 12 plants under one light. Leaves showing the problem are mid plant and are all old growth. Maybe 3-6 leaves per plant like this.

image35423.jpg

image35422.jpg

Should I substitute the calmag for Epsom salts incase of a abundance of calcium? Or up my dosage of calmag some? Increase ph a bit maybe? To low for mg? I plan on adding a booster soon but would like to get this under control first.

Hope to do a journal next time when I've got my veg room seperate from flowering rooms.

Thanks in advance.

What medium are you growing in?

Any way my guess is that you striped the medium of almost all the nutes when you flushed before flowering, plus your only feeding 30% base feeds, with a water, nutes, water nutes.....

Start feeding them properly and up your base feed a little bit.

PROMIX hp is my medium, last crop I burnt them pretty bad with my nutes so I'm taking it easy this time. Will bump it up to 60% strength next watering and maybe double my calmag to 50ml per 5gallons.

Think I'll wait till my next feeding for the bloom booster, last run took 11 weeks and is in a few days of darkness now before it comes down.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom