Time in veg and time in flower

TennRiver

420 Member
Hello, I'm a new member and would like to ask all you experts a few questions. This is my first grow and so far after 2 weeks the two WW that I am growing in dwc seem to be doing fine. My question is how long do I leave them in a veg phase with 18 hours light and 6 hours dark until they go into the bloom phase of 12-12. One more question, how deep should I run my water in the dwc when I change it.

Hi TennRiver and welcome to the Forum.

Would recommend that you create a journal and start documenting your grow. Others will be jumping in to help you.
How to Make a Grow Journal

My last grow was in DWC. I'm not an expert but have some experience. The decision when to flip really depends on you and the grow space size and strain you are growing. Once you initiate flowering your plant will approximately double in size so you need to keep that in mind. The height of the tent and how close the plant can get to the light is the main factor. You can control the height also by topping, LST and Scrogging.

Most growers run Grow for 4-6 weeks and then flip to 12/12 but I have seen some with restricted space flip at as early as 3 weeks. The longer you grow the more yield you will likely achieve.

Go Vols! (My alameda) UT Knoxville.

Hi TennRiver and welcome to the Forum.

Would recommend that you create a journal and start documenting your grow. Others will be jumping in to help you.
How to Make a Grow Journal

My last grow was in DWC. I'm not an expert but have some experience. The decision when to flip really depends on you and the grow space size and strain you are growing. Once you initiate flowering your plant will approximately double in size so you need to keep that in mind. The height of the tent and how close the plant can get to the light is the main factor. You can control the height also by topping, LST and Scrogging.

Most growers run Grow for 4-6 weeks and then flip to 12/12 but I have seen some with restricted space flip at as early as 3 weeks. The longer you grow the more yield you will likely achieve.

Go Vols! (My alameda) UT Knoxville.
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna shot for 8 weeks in growth changing water and nutrients every 2 weeks and 8 weeks in bloom if everything works out alright. By the way go Vols beat those hogs today

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna shot for 8 weeks in growth changing water and nutrients every 2 weeks and 8 weeks in bloom if everything works out alright. By the way go Vols beat those hogs today

Glad the Vols beat the Hogs -

What are you growing - The more Sativa dominant blends can get massive (in excess of 8 feet). I would shoot for the 8 weeks but always remember the growth stretch after switching. I'm growing autos and mine are currently stretching about 1 1/2 inches a day.

Back
Top Bottom