New Vancouver Organic Grow

durbanpoison1

Hello everyone. Thanks to all the OG's here, you have helped many people.

I'm starting my first grow and I would like to log it and show my progress here. I'm a fungus guy, I'm used to growing mushrooms but this is my first time growing Cannabis. If you see anything I could be doing better, or any tips and tricks, I'm ready to listen.

My goals for this grow are to keep it as 'organic' and natural as possible, while achieving the absolute highest possible yield in both weight and quality.
Growing medium is top-quality organic coco coir. My choice of seeds are Durban Poison. I hope to only use Eco-Bloom 2-4-5 throughout the grow.

5/5 seeds are 12 hours popped, 4/5 sitting in moist paper towel, 1/5 was sent directly to potting for germination.

I have prepped the small containers with coco coir and rinsed them each once 12 hours ago with filtered tap water. This morning each cup was then rinsed again with a water+Eco-Bloom (2-4-5). This will set the needed nutrients into the nearly-inert coco, making it ready to receive the newly germinated seedlings.

I am finding my grow room to be between 20c and 22c with about 65% humidity during the germination phase. This is sure to increase once things get going, I don't currently have my grow light on because it could hurt the young plants. I instead am running my Himalayan salt-lamp on high to supply minimal lighting and warmth.

How do I determine the best time to plant the germinated seeds into their first small containers? Are there any other questions I should be asking?

Love you all, thank you so much for your time. You know it's appreciated.

I am currently trying to figure out how to upload pics. I will put them here once I do.

grow2.jpg

food1.jpg

food2.jpg

grow1.jpg

:Namaste:

Welcome durbanpoison1 :welcome:

We use our own picture hosting here. See Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

But . . . we are upgrading the site this weekend (Saturday) and things might be a bit wonky. Please bear with us. What mushrooms did you grow? P. Cubensis?

Ian

I see my photobucket pics arent working. I haven't used it in over a decade, that was a horrible trip down memory lane to open that up just to post pics here. I never want to be reminded of my 17 year old self hahah. Thank you for letting me know about the upgrade. I'll get the pics up as soon as possible.

Yes i grew cubes. I grew Golden Teachers. That entire experience, from spore to outer-space (which is where they take you), was one of the best experiences of my life. It isn't something anyone can understand until they actually do it, and successfully. It's alot like raising kids. Except you can eat them and not get in trouble.

oh and also that instruction page, as far as I can tell, is totally irrelevant with the way the site is set up now. the buttons are in different spots, i cant find the right link, etc... its probably all there but its definitely not how the instructions there say.... let me know when the upgrade is done and I will have even more pics to post. thanks so much for your attention =)

I've never grown shrooms but I just finished reading The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible (Haze/Mandrake) & I am writing the review. My wife says no shroom grow. :thedoubletake:

I have a few very fond memories . . .

Ian

If she says no, that's probably the way it's going to be. If you have a chance, then remind her that you can stick them inside a tuperware, put them up in the closet and forget about them except for a daily mysting depending on your environment. What I'm trying to say is that they require an absolute minimum time, money, and effort. They grow so fast you can watch them (yes literally), and eating them fresh is something new altogether. It's not just about growing mushrooms, it's a great and informative experience to bring to life something from a spore, this thing science knows nearly nothing about, this microscopic 'seed' type thing, into a fungus that when consumed alters your perception of reality in a way that you become a better person. Like, what?

Exactly what the book described.

If you still have problems after the weekend, just post on this thread & I will try to help.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom