Time limit for autoflowers?

Shipper49

I started 2 white widow autoflowers 16 weeks ago. First one was harvested 3 weeks ago, relying on telltale signs learned in this forum. Second plant was re-potted and grew more slowly, but now Looks like it is not growing as pistels seem to be shrinking. Plant looks healthy otherwise. So I’m wondering if there is some maximum time this or other autos should be given before harvesting? Plants have been given southeast coast spring sunshine along with 9 hrs of led lights each day. Thnx for looking!

Attachments

• 6B73E892-0AB6-46EB-A979-FB9CD3D30D85.jpeg
    6B73E892-0AB6-46EB-A979-FB9CD3D30D85.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 85
First I’m not great with autos, autos are finicky in many ways plus they have their own internal clock. Autos can be recanned or up potted but it’s not for newbies. (Please understand - I’m not saying you are a newbie - just that it’s a pro move to know how, when & why to uppot an auto) Transplant or repotting can stall an auto or photoperiod if done wrong but again autos have their own unique rules.

Can you zoom with a loupe, your cell phone or a camera lens to get closeup shot of trichomes? Is she spitting out new white pistoles? You said no -they are receding so that’s a sign. Looks like a small container, she may have run out of steam. If I were doing autos (which I will run again soon) I’d probably start in minimum of 3 gallon container but preferably 5 gallon. I think you are in 1 gallon based on pic. I think she’s done at 16 weeks, heck I don’t run photoperiods that long in flower.

Do you know the strain? Look at breeder info on how long it takes to mature.

Best of luck...!

From sprout to harvest, my first and only auto that I recently grew was a Gorilla Glue which from memory went for 111 days. I chopped her when she started showing some amber trichomes but that was well after the breeder's suggested 8 weeks.

Generally the breeders estimates are from 14-30 days short. Lot of times the haven't even frosted up at 70 days. Northern lights went 90 and 114 days (two plants) nice yield though.

Back
Top Bottom