Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

My first try at LST with autos is starting to look promising, counting chickens aside, a nice low canopy of buds and a nice full bin. The leaf in the top left is the same green as the rest, it's a funny angle causing it to look discoloured.

MM_Bin_29_03_14.jpg

There are buds developing quite thickly below the top bud.

MM_top_29_03_14_a.jpg

TDS has risen to 525+ and ph has dropped to 5.6, I have diluted TDS to 485ish and added 1.5ml of Silicon* (v.alkaline) to the res, raising the TDS to 500 and I then had to add 9ml of my dilution of Up to bring the res to 5.9.

*What the catalogue says;
‘Silicon is a beneficial plant nutrient, found in virtually all soils but not – until now – in hydroponic nutrient solutions. Silicon will strengthen the plant walls producing stronger healthier plants with massive root systems and increased resistance to pests and disease. Liquid Silicon is highly beneficial to plants in the range of 10–30 ppm in the nutrient solution. It is not included, and cannot be included, at these levels, in nutrient concentrates. It needs to be added as a separate component by the grower.’

:nomo:

The first day of week4 of Bloom so time to add Buddy, the expensive flowering additive for my range of hydo Nutes, the manufactures says;
‘a highly concentrated flowering booster that gives you a healthy and heavy yield. Increased potassium to nitrogen ratio to promote heavy and larger flowers/fruits. Optimum level of potassium and magnesium for maximum flowering/fruiting’

Canopy_1_4_14_a.jpg

The stems at the back are about 12” taller than those at the front, I think I need to re-think the Mylar covering, the side where I take the photos from does not have a simple covering, the radiator is in the way as is the passive/active air intake.

SV_1_4_14_a.jpg

I have moved one of the hanging CFL bulbs for photographic purposes, I can assure you that there is no sign of any part of the plant reaching for the light from the bulb, I am taking this as a reassuring sign that the LEDs are still the primary light source

Buds_1_4_14_b.jpg

Buds_Trichs_1_4_14_a.jpg

The start of week four and I have tried to remove as much under-skirts whispy bits as I could manage, I took loads of photos but only one is in focus, it will give me a good chance to assess the rest of the task still to do. I think I will leave the very long tertiary shoot, at the back on the left hand side, at about 9 o’clock and slightly out of focus, as it has managed to not only reach the screen but is also
supporting a future bud that has found some room.

TW1_Spinw_2_4_14_a.jpg

I have omitted to say I have been following the Diminishing Light Schedule (DLR), so I have been shortening their day by 20minutes every week so last night’s day was 11 hours. TDS has risen to 525 so tomorrow’s top-up will be mixed to 490, ph has not changed from 5.9

New definitions for old words;
Beatitude – The pose adopted by an insect prior to pollination:laugh:

The Kitchen Bin project

The first Massive Midget had no defoliation and no LST, I super-cropped most of the stems, except the main bud and one secondary, which swamped the lights and became early smoke samples once they grew into the lid.

Triffid_10_4_14_1a1.jpg

Any stems that were almost broken by indelicate bending were lent against the inside of the bin, only one cannot now hold its own weight, but it still produced a bud.

MM1_topped_a.jpg

The second Massive Midget was defoliated and all stems were tied down and fanned out last week. The stems have got bushier but have not put on any height to speak of, I have tightened the LST strings and this has created enough room to replace a brick to raise the pot closer to the lights that I removed last week.

MM_sv_3_4_14_a.jpg

Tops are nicely spread out so they all have access to the Sun

MM_bev_3_4_14_a.jpg

Northern Lights is coming along OK in the nursery box, the crinkled leaf has straightened itself out, I started with ¼ strength nutes today and I shall re-top the pot with compost tomorrow.

NL_3_4_14_a.jpg

Not sure if the crinkled leaf has led to a weak side of the plant, slightly smaller leaves?

New definitions to old words;
Countryside - To kill Piers Morgan

She is so frosty, that Midget; and that NL looks beautifully symmetric to me. Nice job.

Hi Jaamz :thanks:

The early 'samples' have smoked really well, a very very talkative rush that takes my conscious a while to catch-up with:laughtwo::blushsmile:

I was sure the leaves were symmetrical, then I wasn't and convinced myself that the evidence fitted my theory :passitleft: then it didn't ....

I missed out on your Northern lights x big bud auto grow.

How did it turn out?

Did you upload pics of the finished plant, and dried bud?

You know I'm solely an autoflower guy. :)

Hi Toker! You didn’t miss me letting you know, I have always, until recently, considered the Auto’s as a side-line and I have concentrated my efforts and any investment on my ‘Garden’, I am just coming to the conclusion that the results are so good with little effort I should put more in to get more out!

Northern Lights Big Bud Automatic came in at a healthy 10”, she had been defoliated throughout and I had removed the top bud as it reached the lights and this is what resulted;

NLBB_1.jpg

I dried for about 48 hours in front of 2 CPU fans and for a further 48 without the fans before doing my first attempt at a proper Trim and after smoking all the excellent clippings I had 23gm of some mighty fine smoke.

I didn’t do a smoke report at the time and I fear to do one from memory would just be a general description of all the good smokes you have ever had, sorry!:tokin:

23 grams! Not bad at all for easy growing herb. Make some seeds, and you're in business buddy!!

Hi Toker, I double checked my scales this morning! My ‘weigh-in’ should read ‘somewhere between 13gm and 33gm’, no more harvest figures until I can upgrade from a +/-10gm kitchen scales!!

Thank you! It was a nice achievement for a while! :bigblush:

Hi Toker, I double checked my scales this morning! My 'weigh-in' should read 'somewhere between 13gm and 33gm', no more harvest figures until I can upgrade from a +/-10gm kitchen scales!!

Thank you! It was a nice achievement for a while! :bigblush:

G'day ajagunle, I hope I read that right cause it gave me a good laugh. Was just imagining you selling it, " yeah your've got an ounce there, or a half :hmmmm:"

Massive Midget Automatic is now 23 days since she first showed pistils, since bending the buds and tying them down all vertical growth has stopped, the pot is still sitting on 2 bricks so I have room for more buds, not what I was expecting. Stretch had just started and the LST appears to have brought it to a very premature end.

MM_sv_12_4_14_b1.jpg

The buds are filling out well and are already quite solid when gently squeezed.

MM_tb_sv_12_4_14_a.jpg

The spreading out of the buds to even-out their exposure to the Sun has gone well, I think.

MM_bev_12_4_14_b.jpg

There are definite signs of the magic happening.

MM_top_bud_c.jpg
Top bud b sv

Northern Lights Automatic has been potted up to her final home, a 6” diameter pot, 2” smaller than I have been using, giving me more vertical space, no leaves have been removed and I will only LST to spread the canopy this grow, until all bricks are removed and the top bud is close to the bulbs.

Autos_12_4_14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom