CKS White Widow - 1800 Watt - Hydro - Scrog

hey everyone and welcome new members to my journal, today is day 18 since these girls have been under the 2 600 MH's. they are starting to really absorb the water now, seems like just a few days ago i was watering every 2.5 days til like 25% runoff, and now im watering probably 10 out of 13 nearly every 24 hrs. today they got 600 ppm and they seem to be loving it, so i will bump it up to 700ppm tomorrow. heres a couple pictures to keep everyone interested lol the three small ones to the left are blueberry and they are only a couple days old
IMG_197318.JPG
these too here have been topped, and they are my favorite plants, they really have grow well. some of the others have grow abit bushier and alittle shorter,
IMG_197520.JPG
IMG_197415.JPG
and KidGrow420 yes i will be doing Scrog

Hey westcoast, plants arelooking good. I'm in for this....... It works out good as I'm on day 33- 34 with my blueberry in DWC bubbler, I have also 5 Sativa at day 5 from seed not sure what strain but it was good smoke the last time buddy had it. And day 9 or so on my white widows they are just showing second set of leaves, I just put them in 2" pots with straight perlite AND 1/8 nutes today as there stretch was getting away on me, But to early for full DWC IMO.
Looking forward to do some comparisons with you as these babies grow.
hyrdo1000 hey have you got a grow journal? id like to check those BB out if yeah do, just point me in the right direction:tokin:

hello friends day 22 of veg. the plants are coming along now. the past 2 days ive been really letting the rockwool cubes get pretty dry and light, i found that some werent quite dry enough and have been stunted slightly. so im working on correcting that, so far so good, they are at 750 ppm and loving it. i built my screen yesterday but i ran out of screws, so its 3/4 done and almost ready for the netting and i will be spreading the plants out and using all three metal halide until flower. im thinking 4.5 to 5 week of veg because of a few hiccups along the way. hope everyone is enjoying there weekend :lot-o-toke:
IMG_199529.JPG

i also got some calmag supplement from GH to start adding in with my feedings,(i use RO water) im thinking the lighter coloured new growth is from lack of mag, anyone have any suggestions or opinions on that?

It's just the lack of nitrogen in the new growth.. She's starting to let you know (or showing signs that ) she needs food. A bit of nitrogen will do fine. If you have cal-mag that will do the trick as well. Not to much tho. ;) :goodjob: so far brotha! Keep it up!:Namaste:

right you are KidGrow420 :thumb: after there feeding last night, they look great this morning

Ya, Cal-Mag shouldn't be everyone's #1 run to tho when faced with slight signs of deficiencies. You can overdose her with calcium or magnesium & create a "lock out"/stunt of growth, while trying to supplement the nitrogen deficiency. It's something allot of new growers kind of learn as they go type thing. For us who have already been through this process a million times, you learn to give the plant what it needs when she asks for it, rather then just resort to "cal-Mag". Although It will help solve or alleviate the solution, if given in the proper dosages. :thumb:

Great start WestCoastDwar! Plants are looking awesome! I heard the Blueberry is nute sensitive I haven't had to much problems with them as I haven't pick up a ec meter yet. keeping my nutes at 3/4 strength out of the bottle plus Epson salts at 1 tbsp per gallon I had a few problems with the roots not coming out of pot full of perlite into res, to much moisture I suspect, So I quick changed from perlite to washed gravel which I started with at seed. 1 day now and roots submerged and now taking off. They were smiling when I checked them this
Morning.
I was questioning the height of my Scrog net at 12" above the res but I see your at about the same height. I have 48" from top of res to bottom of light fixture with another 6" above to ceiling. This will be lowered when new seedlings are ready.
It's great to follow your grow! Keep up the good work!:peace:

Ya, Cal-Mag shouldn't be everyone's #1 run to tho when faced with slight signs of deficiencies. You can overdose her with calcium or magnesium & create a "lock out"/stunt of growth, while trying to supplement the nitrogen deficiency. It's something allot of new growers kind of learn as they go type thing. For us who have already been through this process a million times, you learn to give the plant what it needs when she asks for it, rather then just resort to "cal-Mag". Although It will help solve or alleviate the solution, if given in the proper dosages. :thumb:
thx KidGrow420, the reason i decided to add calmag is because in all the reading ive done about using RO water, seems like everyone runs into a problem with lower calmag and eventually supplement. i will keep an eye on it :thumb:

Hey 420. sorry about the lack of updates, nothing interesting happening at the moment. i am just a few days away from flipping the girls into flower, im thinking friday or saturday. i now know the importance of LST and how its a really good idea to do it along with scrog. the growth onder the net hasnt been as rapid as i thought they would be but they are still moving along. one thing ive encountered the last few days is high ph in my rockwool. i decided to test my runoff and it was at 6.7 so i decided to flush the plants and got it back down to about 5.9 .the following day and after a feeding the ph runoff went back up to 6.4 then 6.7 at the nightly feeding. also i started using GO calmag and let me tell you, that shit caused such extreme ph swings it was crazy. also it was causing a oil slick and white bubbles in my resevoir and tons of (Good) bacteria..... so i dumped my res and flushed the whole system out and sterilized everything. i then used florakleen this morning and flushed the plants and got the runoff to 5.9 again then let the plants dry out for like 10 hrs. when i fed them tonight i checked the runoff and its already at 6.4 . whats everyones take on this? should i be worried and am i doing anything wrong? tonight when i fed them i lowered my ph to 5.5 and it still ranoff at 6.4 so im alittle confused as ive read that i should keep it around 6.0 ph. any advive in this field would be greatly accepted.:surrender:

Back
Top Bottom