TimHomeagrow G13 Haze & Majin Buu In Soil

Well dejavu again....getting spotting on the big fan leaves of my biggest/oldest girl. Growing in FFOF and just gave MC (1g) the last two feedings, around day 30 old. What gives???

Lux says 31k-33k, 16" height at 75 %

@Justin Goody yours looked like this when you have some cal mag?

IMG_20210106_080508.jpg

Even a smaller one, still on just FFOF, no MC, 25 days old is also starting

IMG_20210106_081053.jpg

Perhaps I've waited too long for some MC?

Full tent shot
IMG_20210106_080740.jpg
They look excellent, but yes I'm familiar with those spots coming anyway...
#1 thing, I'm usually feeding 3-4g/G by this stage, so possibly upping their dose will eliminate the problem.
I also haven't noticed that issue since I switched to promix/perlite 80/20.
And just an outside chance, but the wood chips yu have in there could be making your waterings slightly more acidic than desired, messing with pH a bit. That's likely not it, but just crossing off some possibilities.
@Mr. Sauga is really good at diagnosing early leaf problems, he has helped me immensely. Hoping he can jump in before the problem becomes a problem.

They look excellent, but yes I'm familiar with those spots coming anyway...
#1 thing, I'm usually feeding 3-4g/G by this stage, so possibly upping their dose will eliminate the problem.
I also haven't noticed that issue since I switched to promix/perlite 80/20.
And just an outside chance, but the wood chips yu have in there could be making your waterings slightly more acidic than desired, messing with pH a bit. That's likely not it, but just crossing off some possibilities.
@Mr. Sauga is really good at diagnosing early leaf problems, he has helped me immensely. Hoping he can jump in before the problem becomes a problem.
Based on what I read I would have to agree with you that the plants are not getting enough MC. I would be at 3g's right now. Goody has you on track Tim. :thumb:

Based on what I read I would have to agree with you that the plants are not getting enough MC. I would be at 3g's right now. Goody has you on track Tim. :thumb:
Should I move up slowly from the 1g to the 3g over the next few waterings, or just go straight to 3g?

Thanks!

Well dejavu again....getting spotting on the big fan leaves of my biggest/oldest girl. Growing in FFOF and just gave MC (1g) the last two feedings, around day 30 old. What gives???

Lux says 31k-33k, 16" height at 75 %

@Justin Goody yours looked like this when you have some cal mag?

IMG_20210106_080508.jpg

Even a smaller one, still on just FFOF, no MC, 25 days old is also starting

IMG_20210106_081053.jpg

Perhaps I've waited too long for some MC?

Full tent shot
IMG_20210106_080740.jpg
Beautiful garden Tim.
Ffof soil what are you ph your water too.

6.4-6.6 oh each time
I know ff has a bit of an upward drift 6.2 is usually pretty good for ff.
I'm not the greatest with that soil. Its a basic move but have you flushed the pot?
Emilya is an incredible wealth of knowledge in that medium. Have you talked to her.

Should I move up slowly from the 1g to the 3g over the next few waterings, or just go straight to 3g?

Thanks!
No problem. You can go right up to 3g. Let her go a couple of feedings then bump up to 4g. Hold at 4g/gal until you reach flower, then you'll probably use 1/2g increases at that point, up to around 5 or 5.5g/gal, based on what the plants are saying.

The three smaller girls got topped today and watered to runoff with 2g MC. The one in the back right is a dense little girl with the closest node spacing I've seen in my limited amount of grows. I love when they all have slightly different personalities ;)

A little droopy from the watering
IMG_20210108_100642.jpg

My free Girls Scout cookie auto is doing well too, much more sparse than the last auto grows of a different strain. The little one is Majin Buu photo that was struggling her first few weeks. Her main cola naturally split into two so it feels like having twins ;). I'll keep growing her as long as she keeps growing ha
IMG_20210108_100702.jpg

Well, one of the girls that got the MC yesterday is now showing those leaf spots today. Unfortunately I forgot to add a little cal/mag, but figured with the MC it wouldn't happen to the girls that are a week behind the big one.

I did order a new bag of MC, as the one I have is from the summer when they were switching their formulas, hoping the new bag makes a difference. If not I may have to try a new nutrient regiment. Any recommendations?

IMG_20210109_110922.jpg

While my third grow, first grow with photo periods so this will be my first time doing defoliation.

Reading online, many sites say to do it once in veg, right before the light flip and again in early flower. But I'd rather hear some thoughts from real life growers here ;)

This girl is hard to get inside or get good airflow with some of those giant fan leaves. Would it be ok to do some defoliation now and some more before the light switch?

I'll be switching the light in about 3 weeks.
IMG_20210109_135321.jpg

While my third grow, first grow with photo periods so this will be my first time doing defoliation.

Reading online, many sites say to do it once in veg, right before the light flip and again in early flower. But I'd rather hear some thoughts from real life growers here ;)

This girl is hard to get inside or get good airflow with some of those giant fan leaves. Would it be ok to do some defoliation now and some more before the light switch?

I'll be switching the light in about 3 weeks.
IMG_20210109_135321.jpg
I did it before flip but wasn't aggressive enough. I did again about a week after and defoliated like I should have done before flip. Plenty of time to recover before flip. If you have to after but if you do it right before you shouldn't have to do it after flip. They say you can do it after flip in the fist couple weeks but I don't recommend it. Of course miner defoliation though out flower but just as needed every few days but not a major like you want to do before. Thats my take... How many weeks in are you with that one? She looks like she could be a little bigger before flip.

I did it before flip but wasn't aggressive enough. I did again about a week after and defoliated like I should have done before flip. Plenty of time to recover before flip. If you have to after but if you do it right before you shouldn't have to do it after flip. They say you can do it after flip in the fist couple weeks but I don't recommend it. Of course miner defoliation though out flower but just as needed every few days but not a major like you want to do before. Thats my take... How many weeks in are you with that one? She looks like she could be a little bigger before flip.
I'm almost 5 weeks with that one....so guessing about another 3 weeks before the flip, give or take. I'm in no rush to defoliate yet, just thinking ahead ;)

Day 35 ish

Adding more MC stopped the spotting. Also got a new bag in today with the balls....I think I had the not as good formula since last grow.

lux reading is 33-35k

This G13 Haze has about a 6 day head start on the rest. She's been trained for a week or so, coming along nicely. About as even as I could get.
IMG_20210113_143047.jpg

Her two topped colas are really getting long, flat lining now ha
IMG_20210113_142115.jpg

This is also the G13 Haze, about 6 days younger....but a big difference. The node spacing on this one is like 2.5-3 inches. Biggest spacing of the four by far.
IMG_20210113_143558.jpg

Side by side
IMG_20210113_143633.jpg

And of course I cracked my first stem, one of the topped colas :(. Taped it up and hope for the best.... smoke the rest.
IMG_20210113_191852.jpg

Full tent shot
IMG_20210113_135307.jpg

My side project, a free Girl Scout Cookie auto and a photo I didn't think would make it but is improving. In my old tent and light
IMG_20210112_162324.jpg

What up, what up? Love those spacers with drip pan! I‘ve got to add that to my mile long list of never ending upgrades... your garden is about to pop for sure!
It's coming along for sure. I feel like I have the proper equipment, now if I can minimize the human error I'll be good haha.

The pine bark mulch has been awesome....haven't seen a gnat in weeks ;)

Back
Top Bottom