TimHomeagrow G13 Haze & Majin Buu In Soil

Well, things aren't starting off well. First two grows I had 100% germination rate with the Jiffy pods. This time one our of four have sprouted. No idea why.

If the others don't sprout by tonight I'm going to float some more seeds.

Should I keep the one that has sprout or toss it since it will have a few days head start? I'm afraid of having one plant be bigger during the whole grow.

IMG_20201202_083308.jpg
Tim...those pots look way too soggy, The stretch is looking for better light and dryer feet.

Next week is the third week from flip, and time for another defoliation from what I understand. They sure have filled in from the last
IMG_20210207_080907.jpg

I've been researching how much to defoliate. Some sites/videos say to take off every leaf that is attached to a stem. I would love to hear some advice from growers here. One video looked liked this after his flower defoliation. Is that the goal?
Screenshot_20210207-094558~2.png

Next week is the third week from flip, and time for another defoliation from what I understand. They sure have filled in from the last
IMG_20210207_080907.jpg

I've been researching how much to defoliate. Some sites/videos say to take off every leaf that is attached to a stem. I would love to hear some advice from growers here. One video looked liked this after his flower defoliation. Is that the goal?
Screenshot_20210207-094558~2.png
I don't know much but I got so little larf from my last grow. I lollipoped and super cropped. I just removed a few fan leaves every few days exposing bud sites. It was all I needed. I never wanted to remove to many of my solar panels.

I don't know much but I got so little larf from my last grow. I lollipoped and super cropped. I just removed a few fan leaves every few days exposing bud sites. It was all I needed. I never wanted to remove to many of my solar panels.
I may play it safer and only remove the leaves blocking the bud sites. Maybe I'll do one a little more severe like the above....maybe ;).

So far I'm liking photos more than autos, it's a little more fun and forgiving with nutes it seems

IMG_20210207_080907.jpg
They're beautiful. You've done a great job of keeping on top of that canopy. Filled out that space perfectly!

At this point, I'd be removing most (if not all lower growth), and get rid of the suckers that won't amount to anything or won't get direct light. Are you going to pull the colas apart using those pipe cleaners or will you leave them as they are?

Personally, like Plant Daddy, I favour tucking over removal of fan leaves at this point. Unless it will aid with airflow, or if they are blocking decent budsites. You want a nice stream of air passing through your ladies, replenishing the co2 for the stomata as regularly as possible.
Discriminative defoliation is the name of the game for me :passitleft:

I may play it safer and only remove the leaves blocking the bud sites. Maybe I'll do one a little more severe like the above....maybe ;).

So far I'm liking photos more than autos, it's a little more fun and forgiving with nutes it seems
I liked growing the photos for same reason. My auto grow has been fun tho. Plants are at much better growth in Coco so far. Do you make compost tea? I did my first brew last week.

I'm with you there @Timhomegrow. As i understand it the only benefit of growing autos is speed really, and some other circumstances where you have a restricted light schedule/space.

I prefer the control you have over photos.

They're beautiful. You've done a great job of keeping on top of that canopy. Filled out that space perfectly!

At this point, I'd be removing most (if not all lower growth), and get rid of the suckers that won't amount to anything or won't get direct light. Are you going to pull the colas apart using those pipe cleaners or will you leave them as they are?

Personally, like Plant Daddy, I favour tucking over removal of fan leaves at this point. Unless it will aid with airflow, or if they are blocking decent budsites. You want a nice stream of air passing through your ladies, replenishing the co2 for the stomata as regularly as possible.
Discriminative defoliation is the name of the game for me :passitleft:
I already trained with pipe cleaners since early veg. May try and spread then out a bit more

I already trained with pipe cleaners since early veg. May try and spread then out a bit more
Don't do anything you wouldn't have otherwise, based on my comment :peace: I was just curious. They're a great shape!

I noticed the pipe cleaneres there and I wondered if you were going to pull them apart a little to let more light and air get into the middle. Might be an idea, but keep doing what you're doing - it's working great :thumb:

Been reading a bunch today, and I'm wondering if adding the cal/mag last feeding may have blocked zinc uptake. Cant remember now if it was Ca or Mg in excesses could lockout zinc causing a zinc deficiency.
IMG_20210207_133742.jpg

I'm thinking it's not a deficiency, as MegaCrop is a one feed nute. My older fan leaves are a tad dark and all the leaves are still a bit clawed/burnt tips.....not bad, just a little.

I think on the next feed I'll dial back the MC .25g and no cal/mag. Let's see how that goes. I feel like I've been giving a tad too much MC the past few feeds waiting for the plant to catch up.

If I have learned anything with my prior two grows.....don't go drastic with any change ha. .25g less shouldn't cause issues if I'm going the wrong direction with it. I'd rather back off a tad than increase a tad.

Fingers crossed ;)

I used to think that defoliation was removing leaves, but someone said that removing leaves that shade bud sites is really just pruning. Whereas leaf removal for the sake of leaf removal that can be seen in crops that have been schwazzed is true defoliation.

I have carried out leaf removal that goes beyond pruning but not as radically severe as the 'schwazzers' of the gardening world. In hindsight I felt at the time that my grow was lacking in nutrients and upon removal of so many leaves/solar panels the plants more struggled than bloomed. If I was doing it again I'd probably first prefer to feel confident that they're getting all their nutritional needs met. The state of my soil of my current grow seems to be providing good nutrition, they're looking happy but rather than tempt fate I will probably only prune off leaves that shade bud sites. Mind you, if I wasn't so space constrained I'd love to run some side by side experiments of the 2 approaches.

The girls got fed today, I did back off the MC by .25g as it looked like I was getting a little nute burn. When watering I noticed some yellow/dying lower fan leaves....mostly in the shade down low or inside the plants . Are they not getting enough Nitrogen? It's confusing because of the hooked leaves and yellow tips making me think they were getting a tad too much megacrop.

Interesting the yellow leaves were only on the two plants on the right side of the tent (one G13 and one Majin Buu). Those two are also a bit behind in flowering, showing pistils but not like the two on the left. Coincidence????

Screenshot_20210209-103928~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-103939~2.png

And of course the full tent shot ....my favorite ;)

IMG_20210209_103639.jpg

The girls got fed today, I did back off the MC by .25g as it looked like I was getting a little nute burn. When watering I noticed some yellow/dying lower fan leaves....mostly in the shade down low or inside the plants . Are they not getting enough Nitrogen? It's confusing because of the hooked leaves and yellow tips making me think they were getting a tad too much megacrop.

Interesting the yellow leaves were only on the two plants on the right side of the tent (one G13 and one Majin Buu). Those two are also a bit behind in flowering, showing pistils but not like the two on the left. Coincidence????

Screenshot_20210209-103928~2.png

Screenshot_20210209-103939~2.png

And of course the full tent shot ....my favorite ;)

IMG_20210209_103639.jpg
Yes Man!!! Grow looks perfect!!!

Pretty hard to fucck this up.. you did all the hard work already.
Oh, I can still fucck it up haha. Last two grows with autos and a different light and still getting to know my nute regiment I went sideways mid-flower. Hoping to avoid that this time ;)

They definitely liked the reduced MC. I only reduced by .25g, but no tip burn from this feeding.

All are flowering pretty well now except the bottom right plant (G13 Haze). This girl has been different the entries grow...very large node spacing, thin leaves, and growing the fastest vertically. While she has some pistils, way behind the others and not showing pistils grouping/budlettes. Hope she slows her vertical growth rate or I may be in some trouble haha.

Always one problem child ;)

IMG_20210210_072003.jpg

Absolutely beautiful canopy! I’ve said it before but credit to you for filling the space so well. The canopy is nice and even and it’s not too crowded and not too sparse. Really perfect. :bravo:

Looking forward to seeing them flourish. We’ve got quite a show coming up :yahoo:

Thanks, I'm excited for this grow, I get better each time ;). Still lots to learn but I'm really enjoying it. I started growing out of desperation when COVID hit, but I'll do this for the rest of my life now, it's enjoyable. The quest for the ultimate and perfect bud ;)

Back
Top Bottom