Timmy Haha's White Widow Auto DWC Grow

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use pH UP or DOWN or an alternative of the same kind to regulate your pH levels? Or do you just let er' rip?

Hey Dr GreenJeans! In my last grow, when I was using the General Hydroponics nutrients, I had to use a lot of pH Down. So much, in fact, that it caused nutrient lockout issues because I had too much phosphorus (or whatever the main ingredient in pH Down is). That was my biggest reason for going with the Advanced Nutrients this time around. I can just let the pH rip because the nutrients can get absorbed in a much wider range of pH values.

I love the sound of that! However, the idea of nutrients getting absorbed in a much wider range due to being a different brand, is difficult to believe. As far as I know, all macro nutrients have a set pH that they absorb most optimally at. Therefore, whether it be A.N or General Hydro, they may have different levels of something called a "buffer" solution which helps keep the pH at the level you initially set, but apart from that. They should be the same.

Just keep in mind, nitrogen is absorbed most readily at a pH of ~6.1 and the flowering side of nutes at the ~6.5pH.

You probably know a lot of what I said, but I really just needed to get that out there :(

Day 34 Update

Ok, ok. I'm sorry. I promised pictures two nights ago and then I still didn't post them. I took some! I just didn't post them.

But now tonight I did a little LST on Hillary, so I have even more pictures to share.

Not much info to share. She's coming along nicely. I have no idea what the pH level is right now, nor do I know what my PPMs are. I think I said at the beginning of this grow, I'm just going to trust the nutes and not worry myself with all the measurements. So what I don't know can't bother me, right?!

On to the pics! Here are some from Monday night (Day 32), including a snapshot of the root slime I mentioned in my post from Monday.

WW_Day_32_pics_001.JPG

WW_Day_32_pics_003.JPG

WW_Day_32_pics_011.JPG

And now here she is tonight, after the bit of LST I did, along with another shot of the roots:

WW_Day_34_pics_001.JPG

WW_Day_34_pics_002.JPG

WW_Day_34_pics_004.JPG

Th-th-th-that's all folks! Enjoy the rest of your week and happy toking, as always!

:love:

Day 34 Update

Ok, ok. I'm sorry. I promised pictures two nights ago and then I still didn't post them. I took some! I just didn't post them.

But now tonight I did a little LST on Hillary, so I have even more pictures to share.

Not much info to share. She's coming along nicely. I have no idea what the pH level is right now, nor do I know what my PPMs are. I think I said at the beginning of this grow, I'm just going to trust the nutes and not worry myself with all the measurements. So what I don't know can't bother me, right?!

On to the pics! Here are some from Monday night (Day 32), including a snapshot of the root slime I mentioned in my post from Monday.

WW_Day_32_pics_001.JPG

WW_Day_32_pics_003.JPG

WW_Day_32_pics_011.JPG

And now here she is tonight, after the bit of LST I did, along with another shot of the roots:

WW_Day_34_pics_001.JPG

WW_Day_34_pics_002.JPG

WW_Day_34_pics_004.JPG

Th-th-th-that's all folks! Enjoy the rest of your week and happy toking, as always!

:love:
Looking great man!! I had the slime too, only in that same area, I believe it was from using my beneficial bacteria too much. Ended up washing the top section of roots with a fresh spray bottle and just left it. Fixed it right up.

Glad to hear you got it cleared up, Doc! Great advice! I guess I'll back off my Hydroguard just a bit and see what happens. I want those pearly white roots I've seen in other grows!
When you smell the darkness on the roots, it should resemble a soil like smell. If it's from the hydroguard :)

Going great tho man. Super stoked for you :)

Just waiting at the courts in canberra waiting to sort out my drink driving charge...wish me luck...!!

Looking good brother. My WW is growing nicely as well!

420-magazine-mobile1384922076.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1678885433.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1149551989.jpg

First few nodes were super compact, but the last one separated itself about two inches. I count ten main tops and a bunch of smaller ones popping up. She's been SUPER easy to train. Branches are long and soft.

420-magazine-mobile1854262842.jpg

There's a shot of my Pineapple Express too lol. Not nearly as big.

Cheers bud.

Looking so beautiful brotha, you have seriously nailed it.

What breeder are you running ww from?

. .

I got them from crop king. It's funny bc initially she didn't take to the topping. Only one top shot up until about two weeks later. She was realllllly easy to train too. Nice and limber branches at first. Stress level zero. She is still stretching too. Seeds in medium 3/24. I'm stoked for sure. Hopefully the smoke is good. .

I got them from crop king. It's funny bc initially she didn't take to the topping. Only one top shot up until about two weeks later. She was realllllly easy to train too. Nice and limber branches at first. Stress level zero. She is still stretching too. Seeds in medium 3/24. I'm stoked for sure. Hopefully the smoke is good. .
She looks gorgeous brotha, you have trained her so well, definitely going to get some cron nugs with all that pen and coverage .

Can't wait for your smoke report!

Talk soon brotha!

Day 58 Update

Hi all! Yes I'm still here! Been really sick and needed abdominal surgery, so I haven't been able to get online a lot. But I'm doing much better and actually did a water change on my girl today (first time in 30 days I've changed the water and added nutes).

Thank God I've been using the AN nutes because I didn't have to worry about pH and PPM issues. Given the neglect this girl has had, I'm surprised she's even still with us.

Here's my quick update on nutes I added today:
20ml Sensigrow A+B / 15ml Bud Candy / 15ml Big Bud / 15ml B-52 / 20ml CalMag.

If I could figure out how to add some pics to this post from the 420 app, is share them now. As it is, I'll have to wait until I'm on my PC later to upload them. Hope you can wait!

Now a quick thanks to everyone who checked in while I was checked out and for sending me well wishes. I appreciate your thinking of me very much! Thank you!!!!!

:Namaste:

420-magazine-mobile1515819287.jpg

Hey Timmy. Wanted to keep you posted on my girl since I don't have a journal on her. She's really rocking and loving the training. Last three nights she's grown at least an inch per night. Crazy growth.

420-magazine-mobile1083555517.jpg
Wow! She looks great JM!! Awesome! Keep sharing your pics and progress here. I love comparing the girls.

So somehow I got a mini menu to pop up at the end of my post and I was able to add a pic. Lemme try that again.

420-magazine-mobile1991001258.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1421497085.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1973724749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile60212282.jpg

See what I mean about her being so small? She's a midget compared to the other WW auto grows I'm following right now. She's not even getting frosty yet, but she still looks healthy so I'm going with the flow. Maybe she'll burst out all of a sudden and surprise me someday.

Happy toking everyone and thanks again for following along. I'll have more frequent posts and updates going forward, I promise.

TIM

Back
Top Bottom