Tiny grow box: what do you think about this LED?

idf420

hi everyone !
hope y'all doing great!

so lately i decided to start my first attempt to grow, since i have a really small apartment i decided to keep my tent (60cmX60cmX170cm) in the balcony which was a terrible idea since temps got around 37c outside and its getting way to hot inside my tent ( around 31-33C with and big fan blowing hot air out) of course all my plants just stopped growing or there grow is really slow...

i decided that i wont give up and i will build my own stealth grow box that will fit my apartment .
i got a small closet (30cmX30cmX120cm)and i bought nice small fans for intake and out take air.
also bought a reflective material to cover the inside of the grow box.

the only thing is lighting,

i really liked what super green lab did with theirs mini quantum board but its too pricey for me .

i found this one on amazon :

Growstar 150W Full Spectrum Plant Light with High Par Value Cree COB
Full Spectrum:Red(650-660nm, 620-630nm), Orange(600-610nm), Blue(430-440nm, 450-460nm, 460-470nm), UV(380-400nm), IR(740-760nm), White(4000-4500K, 6000-6500K), Cree COB(3000K).

• Technical Specification:.
  • [LED Qty] 28pcs 5w Bridgelux/Epileds + 1pcs 10w Cree COB
  • [HID Replacement] Replaces 150W HPS/MH
  • [Input Voltage] AC100-240V
  • [Avg. Power Draw] 62±3%W
  • [Core Coverage ] 17.7x 17.7" at 24" Height
  • [Max Coverage ] 23.6x 23.6" at 24" Height
  • [Lifespan] 50000h
  • [Frequency] 50-60Hz
what do you think guys? will it work :))

you'll do fine with that light in that small space. some people on here screw in a LED bulb to a house lamp and try to make their seed grow :hmmmm:
Good choice on the light. :thumb:
at 24" Height
I'd keep it 18" from the top of the tallest plant to the bottom of the lamp. it has always been the perfect height for me.
stay stealthy brother

Be careful buying cheapo knock off Chinese lights. I've bought several of those $59 - 300 - 600 watt LED's & they are a Fire Hazard. I've had them start smell like burning plastic or electrical. Open them up & melted parts inside. Learned my lesson. You're better off spending $200 - $300 on a decent white light LED with Samsung Diodes that will last for years and work flawlessly.

Be careful buying cheapo knock off Chinese lights. I've bought several of those $59 - 300 - 600 watt LED's & they are a Fire Hazard. I've had them start smell like burning plastic or electrical. Open them up & melted parts inside. Learned my lesson. You're better off spending $200 - $300 on a decent white light LED with Samsung Diodes that will last for years and work flawlessly.

Appreciate the replay !
do you have some leds to suggest that will fit the space?

If you can swing about $250 I'd recommend the Mars Hydro TSW 2000 or for a little less you could get the Mars Hydro TSW 1000 I think. Check with @SmokeSara on this as she's our Mars Hydro Sponsor. I use the TSW 2000 & just pulled 10 oz. from 1 plant yesterday. Cheap lighting would have got me 2 - 3 oz. Something to consider.

If you can swing about $250 I'd recommend the Mars Hydro TSW 2000 or for a little less you could get the Mars Hydro TSW 1000 I think. Check with @SmokeSara on this as she's our Mars Hydro Sponsor. I use the TSW 2000 & just pulled 10 oz. from 1 plant yesterday. Cheap lighting would have got me 2 - 3 oz. Something to consider.
Thanks for your tag

check TS1000,it's suitable for your grow area

check TS1000,it's suitable for your grow area

Its says its 35cmX31cm my grow box is 30cmX30cm.. how exactly is it suitable?

thanks! i will look it up!

I recently placed an order from one of the more popular sellers from China (don't want to step on sponsor's toes here) and it was the first time I had ever ordered anything from China. The payment process was secure, not much different than using eBay. The package shipped UPS and I got tracking information within 3 days of payment and received my package, undamaged and as expected, 2 weeks later. Not bad considering the delays due to COVID right now.

If you have more questions you can send me a private message :thumb:

I recently placed an order from one of the more popular sellers from China (don't want to step on sponsor's toes here) and it was the first time I had ever ordered anything from China. The payment process was secure, not much different than using eBay. The package shipped UPS and I got tracking information within 3 days of payment and received my package, undamaged and as expected, 2 weeks later. Not bad considering the delays due to COVID right now.

If you have more questions you can send me a private message :thumb:
thnaks man, i sent you a msg

Back
Top Bottom