Tips for cleaning a glass bong

CannabisLove

I bought a new bong awhile ago and I absolutely love it and don't want it to get grungy so I was wondering if anyone had some good tips for cleaning it out. I know you can use alcohol but thats about it
SSPX0059.jpg

Thats my baby <33
Thaanks!

Re: Tips for cleaning a glass bong?

Alcohol and sea salt. Grit from the salt helps ALOT.

Most grocery stores carry sea salt, rock salt or kosher salt.

WillyB

Sorry you qouted while I was editing. If you use water you need to use more salt since it dissolves in water. Alcohol is much better.

For the alcohol get a higher percentage, they usually start at 70%. Get 91% if your store has it. Put the salts in first, then pour in some of that alcohol, put on some music, and shake the bong. Make sure to cover up the holes to prevent spills.

Epsom salt and rubbing alcohol work the best for that bong. I have a straightshooter with ice catcher nubs and there is a lot of built up crap under them that I can't seem to get off with anything.. Anyone got any ideas for that?? Its killing me that I can't get my bong sparkling clean!

Epsom salt and rubbing alcohol work the best for that bong. I have a straightshooter with ice catcher nubs and there is a lot of built up crap under them that I can't seem to get off with anything.. Anyone got any ideas for that?? Its killing me that I can't get my bong sparkling clean!

You can soak that part in alcohol for few hours, then put some salts in and some alcohol and shake it. Try to clean the bong after 6-7 bowl hits to prevent a lot of built-ups. Cleaning it often gets rid of bacteria growing inside the walls.

use fingernail polish remover,,,,it takes it all off,, then rinse with hot water really well....

now- if your bong hasn't been cleaned in oh- lets say 5 yrs, you may have to repeat the steps a second time

hi, I came across a product called 'Formula 420' that works well. I noticed that it tended to also dissolve the finish coating on the glass itself. So, if your bong is clear or colored glass with out any baked on design of any kind it should do fine. I found it at a local smoke shop in S.C.

99% rubbing alcohol + sea salt + shake it a lot, rinse and repeat 1 more time.

WillyB

i use efferdent tablets , the one that clean false teeth of coffee stains and so forth. i use it on my bowls i drop them in mouth piece down in a tall mug and fill with water and drop 2 tabs in and a hr or so later they get rinsed out and done. I try to do my pipes every month so it cant build up. For the bong, you need to plug the holes and fill with water and tabs go right in

Local head-shop recommended a teaspoon of cooking oil added to the water - the oil collects the tar and keeps the inside of your glass looking like new.

If not using the oil & water method, I also use 91% iso alcohol and sea salt.

:peace: and :Namaste:

99% rubbing alcohol + sea salt + shake it a lot, rinse and repeat 1 more time.

WillyB
I have had many a piece and clean using this method. Don't go overboard on the salt. A couple tablespoons and some isopropal alcohol will do the trick. 4-5 shakes and make sure you thoroughly rinse.

Back
Top Bottom