Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Kush

Re: Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Ku

they will soon sort themselves out, it wont take long, i have had them grow like that and after a couple of days they start growing normal,
Yep u were correct 1 day later and it has straightened out my panic levels have dropped Thanx

Re: Tjalibabba's First Grow Journal! - Sweet Tooth Auto + Afghani Hindu Kush + CPH Ku

no probs, glad to put your mind at rest, i even seen one that grew totally upside down, the plant grew down and the roots came out the soil, then it started growing in weird places along the root coming out the soil, ill try and find out who it was, these plant usually sort themselves out, the biggest mistake is over watering, i did it at first and it badly stuntedd my plants, give me a shout if you need anything else

Hi tjalibabba
Sorry to crash your post AGAIN !!!
U seem to b the best person for sweet tooth advice! My s/t seedlings have been planted for 4 days now but r really tall and leggy in comparison to the blue mystic. Can u remember how yours were in the first few days. I have a 600w hps on them and have lowered them as much as I dare. I will post some pics later to show u .Thanx for any advice u can give .

Can't tell you much man, not without pictures. Is it the sweet tooth strain you have? Mine is the Sweet tooth auto (sweet tooth + ruderalis), so they might be different.

All i can tell you about my 4 sweet tooth auto plants is that they all look very different. 2 of them are kinda small and scrawny, while the other 2 have grown big. One with few, large leaves - the other with lots of small leaves. I dunno man, these plants seem to be a bit random, just be patient with them :)

this is the problem with autos, the strain is not stable by the sounds of it, my g13 poisen dwarf auto was not stable either, mine grew with no stem all the leaves grew at ground level all on top of each other, it was only meant to be a short grow but it took 6 weeks to grow a stem then eventually after i did some lst it started growing and i ended up with 17g i think if i remember right, might of been slightly more than that, the problem with auto's is that some people only get as little as 3g per auto and some get as much as 4oz per auto, i dont think the strains are totally stable and thats why your getting mixed results from the same batch of seeds, ill be interested to see how this turns out, i have go another auto growing now with my other plants so this is the auto bomb, and this is growing ok and does seem stable as its growing to schedule.

the best part about auto's is you can grow them under 20-4 for the whole grow, they do not need 12-12 to flower, if you grew them under 12 light and 12 dark then chances are the yield would be low as the plant is not growing as much as it can, auto means the plants flower due to age and not due to light cycle, this is due to where the ruderalis comes from, they grow in places that have pretty much constant light so they flower due to age, they usually show sex around 2 weeks old then veg for a week or 2 then switch to flower, im growing mine in my veg room under glr, so chances are im not going to get the most yield from it but im only using the 1 room for now so its under glr lighting schedule, i should get more than the other auto as its a lot bigger than the last auto

Update:

I put the flower spectre in yesterday, and changed to 12/12. Having trouble getting proper pictures while the light is on, so i went ahead and took one a few minutes before "dawn".

Day 33:

33120.jpg

The one i measured before is now 31 cm tall (Afghani hindu kush, upper right corner), but the sweet tooth auto in the upper left corner (the big one in the small black pot) is starting to catch up and now measures 30cm.

Made a few changes to my setup:

11592.jpg

The weather is really nice outside, so i decided to put 3 of the sweet tooth autos in the window instead.

Which means that the other plants get more room and more light:

33_2_.jpg

(2x Afghani Hindu kush on the right, Left side: Sweet tooth auto closest and CPH kush in the far left corner)

Sorry about the image quality, for some reason i can't get proper images with my cellphone cam since i put the flowering light in.

Edit: Also fed and watered them today.

everyone has problems taking pictures with the flower light, when i take pics i take the plants out the grow room and put them somewhere that i either dont need the flash like a well lit room in the daylight, or have them in some shade and use the flash, i found thats the way to take the best pics, on some cameras you can adjust the white balance but im not sure how its done i have just seen other growers mess around with the white scale to get the plants looking normal under the flower light.

great looking plants, them autos are going to love the sun, if it was me id put them all out in the sun for a few hours a day, the sun will make them grow quicker than the light your using, it wont affect the flowering process as long as the plants are kept 12-12, the more light the autos get as well the more they will grow, you can use the 20-4 light schedule to flower them off to, they dont need the 12-12 to flower as they flower due to age and not light schedule, i have read that some growers use 24-0 for a couple of weeks then do 24-4, so that plant gets still 24 hours of light followed by 4 hours of dark for a couple of days to start the flowering process then once the plant has started growing pistils then they put the light back to 24-0 and then the auto will continue to flower that way, its meant to make them grow the biggest as they get more light to grow, ive not tried it myself so cant comment on if it works or not, i will be trying it in the near future with my next autos

Having autos on a 12/12 schedule reduces yield, they need light cause they automatically flower

Having autos on a 12/12 schedule reduces yield, they need light cause they automatically flower

Ok, thanks for the tip. I think i'll keep them outside as much as possible, and then alternate a little between outside/inside when the weather is crappy.

I'm a little worried about this one.. Does it look like a hermie to you?
Balls11.jpg

Edit: Read up on sexing a bit.. Its probably too early to tell, so i'll wait a couple of days before i panic. But it kinda looks like bawls to me -.- Dunno, maybe its hard to tell from that picture.

it is hard to tell just waut and pluck the balls when they come

Day 36:

An overview of the plants in the flower room:

36105.jpg

From the top left to the bottom right: Sweet tooth auto (untopped), sweet tooth auto (topped), Copenhagen Kush (topped), Afghani Hindu Kush (topped), Afghani hindu kush (untopped)

Yesterday i put 2x 2 liter bottles with fermenting suger in with them, just to add some Co2. I think thats what i've been missing, cause they sure seem to have grown fast since.

Day 36:

CPH_Kush1.jpg

The Copenhagen Kush is small and bushy, probably because its 7-14 days behind the others + it was topped pretty early. There are signs of flowering under there, its just hard to get a pic :)

Sweet_tooth_auto_Untopped.jpg

The largest of the untopped sweet tooth autos, which now measures 44 cm. I put it in the flowering room because it didnt seem to auto properly.

Sweet_tooth_auto_topped.jpg

And heres the topped sweet tooth auto. Its not as tall as the other one, but a lot more bushy.

Back
Top Bottom