TJ's First Grow - LED - Strawberry Cough

Wow, these little sprouts move fast! 5 hours since the last photo, we are already growing the first set of true leaves. Manages to make the 4" air pot look huge, though! ;)

Fotor_15041325490113.jpg

And this is the net provided with my tent - I am guessing it probably won't be tight enough to really force the plants to grow the way a SCROG is meant to grow. I might DIY one with 4" grid fencing (galvanized steel).

20170830_174332.jpg

Bloombee arrived. Build quality looks good - bright as well, and definitely more on the red side of the spectrum. This one has the veg and bloom on separate switches, so I can turn the bloom half off for now and throw it on when I'm ready to get the plant flowering.

Took a photo with ISO that best represented the actual brightness in the tent.

Fotor_150430651765748.jpg

But also grabbed a couple with IOS turned way down so you can see the different colors of the diodes. It's easy to see that the Bloombee is much more red.

20170901_184627.jpg

20170901_184658.jpg

Took some new PAR readings at the sprout to see what I'm being bumped to at the bottom of the tent.

Viparspectra alone: 240

Viparspectra & Bloombee VEG only: 320

Viparspectra & Bloombee FULL: 440

20170901_183802.jpg

And finally a macro of the sprout today. More yellowish/green than I was expecting. Eyes could just be playing tricks on me. After all, I'm a tad nervous I might screw up since its my first grow!

Fotor_150429247204210.jpg

So, I made a newbie mistake and watered my seedling a bit too quickly; it got sloshed about and ended up on its side. Oops. I gently stood it back up and gently pushed some of the coco back around it. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage...
She will be fine, maybe prop her up with a twist tie or something

Question: I was advise by my local hydro to stick to a 16 hour photo period during veg, and to drop to 12 hours for bloom. I'm seeing many folks doing 18 hours for veg. Is 16 too short?

Thanks!
I believe you'd be fine with either but I can't say for certain

Alright, took a look and I am on day 9 since I started germ. This is what my lady is looking like: would be very appreciative if some expert eyes can let me know if I am on track, and if there are any early signs of ailments etc.

Same plant with 2 different white balances. There is little yellowish looking patchy areas that you can see in the more yellowish photo. Not sure if that is an issue or my eyes playing tricks on me. Also notice the serrated parts of the leaf look slightly curled upwards. Again, not sure if I am overthinking things or not.

Thanks so much!

Fotor_15043760377007.jpg

Fotor_150439457384258.jpg

Alright, took a look and I am on day 9 since I started germ. This is what my lady is looking like: would be very appreciative if some expert eyes can let me know if I am on track, and if there are any early signs of ailments etc.

Same plant with 2 different white balances. There is little yellowish looking patchy areas that you can see in the more yellowish photo. Not sure if that is an issue or my eyes playing tricks on me. Also notice the serrated parts of the leaf look slightly curled upwards. Again, not sure if I am overthinking things or not.

Thanks so much!

Fotor_15043760377007.jpg

Looks good,

By two weeks out of dirt she will be ready to top

Patients my friend.

Thanks so much!

Fotor_15043760377007.jpg

Looks great tj. Ur just a tad a head of me.

Out of curiosity and diligence I decided to use one of my 6-in-1 test strips on both my RODI+CAL/MAG and RODI+FERT solutions to see what the pH is prior to watering the plants.

I am happy to say that Nitrates are around 80 to 120 ppm for both, GH is around 150, KH is 0, and PH is around 6.0 to 6.2 which is great.

At least I now have numbers confirming I don't need to add acid at all to my water prior to watering.

Back
Top Bottom