TJ's First Grow - LED - Strawberry Cough

Kinda back tracking on the journal, are you still using strips to check pH? I highly recommend a pH pen to check the ph, also a ppm pen as well. I'm using gh nutes as well and grow pot cheaply.com has a feed schedule that I use and it's treated me well.

I have really accurate test kits to use as well as the strips - pens I am not a fan of simply due to the amount of calibration required to keep them accurate. I do have digital checkers as well, but not pens/probes. pH of water I am using is 6.1 to 6.3 depending on if it is the Cal/Mag or the ferts. I haven't checked the runoff yet, but its likely not changing since I am using coir. I suppose I could check it anyways for the hell of having the number!

Kinda back tracking on the journal, are you still using strips to check pH? I highly recommend a pH pen to check the ph, also a ppm pen as well. I'm using gh nutes as well and grow pot cheaply.com has a feed schedule that I use and it's treated me well.
Good points. I'm so scared of my oh pen not being calibrated so I make sure I check calibration every time I mix a new batch. Call me paranoid but failure is not an option over here.

Ph aren't hard at all to calibrate. Dip them into a solution and adjust the pen. But always check calibration as well. Ppm pen is also well needed when using nutes.
I wouldn't be concerned about those spots right now. On my current grow 1 of 5 plants have same spots and aren't being affected one bit and I'm well into bloom. Could be dropped water on leaves. Leaves looking a like may be over watered a bit as well. Make sure to let leaves begin to wilt very slightly then feed.

I have really accurate test kits to use as well as the strips - pens I am not a fan of simply due to the amount of calibration required to keep them accurate. I do have digital checkers as well, but not pens/probes. pH of water I am using is 6.1 to 6.3 depending on if it is the Cal/Mag or the ferts. I haven't checked the runoff yet, but its likely not changing since I am using coir. I suppose I could check it anyways for the hell of having the number!
I don't pay much attention to runoff. I'm weary of the strips because they depend on your perception of color lol. As long as you keep the pen calibrated you will be solid.

Ph aren't hard at all to calibrate. Dip them into a solution and adjust the pen. But always check calibration as well. Ppm pen is also well needed when using nutes.
I wouldn't be concerned about those spots right now. On my current grow 1 of 5 plants have same spots and aren't being affected one bit and I'm well into bloom. Could be dropped water on leaves. Leaves looking a like may be over watered a bit as well. Make sure to let leaves begin to wilt very slightly then feed.
Ppm pen the same as a TDS meter?

Here she is today, looking wonderful. Growth day over day is pretty noticeable at this stage, which lets face it, is tons of fun!

Only concern I have are these yellowy patches developing on some of the leaves. It isn't nearly as noticeable under sunlight, but under the LED it stands out quite a bit.

Any thoughts?

Fotor_150508431849347.jpg

Fotor_150508428367178.jpg
If no nute drop/splash did u touch it with say....goop in yer hands...lol

Seriously though, be sure and wash yer hands before touching yer girls

Either way don't worry to much on it, they look great

Side note, I kept trying to calibrate my pH pen. Finally just took out the battery, replaced, bam!!! Back on point
May try that, also I think it's white vinegar is a 2.4ph, good way to test yer pen

I am liking the daylight pics a lot more; so here is another.

Fotor_150523655622049.jpg

Just noticed she also has some new leaves developing in between older leaves down below.

Fotor_150523643719572.jpg
Nice tj. She's growing nicely. Love it when u post. Shows me what I'll be at in a few days to week. Lol. Keep up whatever ur doing bro.

Hey there. What do you think of the bloombee light so far, and what par readings did you get from it? I have the BB960 and love it so far.

Hey there. What do you think of the bloombee light so far, and what par readings did you get from it? I have the BB960 and love it so far.
Haven't taken PAR for that fixture alone, but it essentially doubled PAR in the tent, so it is putting out at least the same levels as the viparspectra.

Spectrum is way more into the red though, which I predict being a huge advantage during bloom over running the viparspectra alone.

Day over day now the growth is quite noticeable which makes things really rewarding.

Fotor_15053301190592.jpg

That being said, it appears that it has come time to FIM this lady, which just twists up my guts for some reason... like purposefully messing up a mint condition classic car. Silly thoughts!

She already has new branches coming out from every node she has, but I suppose making sure she grows short and wide [to fill that SCROG I intend to implement] is probably for the best.

Fotor_15053301664886.jpg

Well, I seem to have some burning/yellowing of the lowest and oldest leaves. Not sure if I should be concerned, or if it just happens as the plant grows. Photos of the two leaves that seem the most affected posted below.

Also see that the roots are sticking out of the bottom of the air pot. Never used air pots before; when is it appropriate to move up to the 5 gal pot? Should I wait until there are roots being air pruned at the sides of the pot?

Fotor_150542214737562.jpg

Fotor_150542217614335.jpg

Fotor_150542220641424.jpg

Already at 7 point leaves which is pretty cool. Wasn't expecting that.

Fotor_150551077010945.jpg

Since yesterday, all the buds between branches seemed to have picked up speed - maybe from the FIM?

Fotor_150551080389597.jpg

Still wondering if some seasoned eyes can let me know the browning in the leaf tips and yellowing is cause for concern. I might flush the substrate with straight water just to be safe.

Already at 7 point leaves which is pretty cool. Wasn't expecting that.

Fotor_150551077010945.jpg

Since yesterday, all the buds between branches seemed to have picked up speed - maybe from the FIM?

Fotor_150551080389597.jpg

Still wondering if some seasoned eyes can let me know the browning in the leaf tips and yellowing is cause for concern. I might flush the substrate with straight water just to be safe.

Give all girls straight water.then give 1/4 strength dose of veg nutes next feed.7 pointer already show plant should be nice and healthy so far. The browning may be nute burn but could be also caused from overwatering seen from previous pictures.all new growth looks very happy so far so don't stress too much. You will learn lots from first grow.

Back
Top Bottom