Totally Indoor Grow 1st Time!

SensibleSal66

Hello everyone! Sort of new here. I've started plants indoor but always planted outside for the duration.
This time I have some really good seeds! They're called Super Silver, Hella Jelly and Hella Cookies.
Any tips will be appreciated. Running two Amazon bought LED Lights. Fox farms products.
On a budget. No grow tent. :(

Plants09142023.jpg

Hopefully I'll learn how to do a Grow Journal. Then I'll move my stuff over there.
This is in the correct place for grow journals Sal, all you need to do is update this thread!
You can go to Gallery and upload your pics there, where you can also add description, tags etc then just click on the camera button in your posts [menu at top of box] and select your pictures from there
Sounds complicated, but it's only a few clicks
Otherwise, just attach pics as you are
:hookah:

Updated Pix: Taken tonight. Only 2-3 days old. Quickly taking root. I will be doing weekly Updates here as well as on my Outdoor plant growing as that part is just finishing up in about 4 weeks or so.
This again is Hella Jelly, Hella Cookies and Super Silver Haze.

IMG_20230916_010720592.jpg

IMG_20230916_010707530.jpg
I think what Mr. Otter was asking is how do you attend to deprive your plants of 12 hours of light in order to bring on flowering? Unless you are growing Auto’s you have to deprive them of light. Most growers do this with a tent or closet etc. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I think what Mr. Otter was asking is how do you attend to deprive your plants of 12 hours of light in order to bring on flowering? Unless you are growing Auto’s you have to deprive them of light. Most growers do this with a tent or closet etc. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Hmm. That's the first time that I've been asked that question. In the past growing indoors to outdoors, I've just closed all the window blinds and kept the light off as much as possible. I don't know. Maybe I'm missing the question?? LOL
Sorry, I'm just a Sesame street character!

th.jpg

Thanks! I'll keep you up on its growth.
When growing outdoors with a photoperiod plant the summer solstice will start to bring on flowering with the shorter days of sunlight. Indoors you have to have 12 hours of darkness to make it happen. CL🍀

Hmm. That's the first time that I've been asked that question. In the past growing indoors to outdoors, I've just closed all the window blinds and kept the light off as much as possible. I don't know. Maybe I'm missing the question?? LOL
Sorry, I'm just a Sesame street character!

th.jpg
By the time you are flowering we won't have much sun light to control. You still want to control the environment. Minor light leaks on a flowering plant can stress it into hermaphrodite. You will get seeds and a less potent bud. Being in Michigan temp and humidity may be bigger issues. You don't want to drop below 80deg in flower and closer to 85 in veg. When the furnace kicks on the house humidity drops. You want 50 - 70 RH veg and 40-60 RH in flower. The last issue is pests. Mites live year round, indoors and out. They thrive in dry, cool conditions and your plant is one of few food sources for them come thanks giving.

You can put together a cheap DIY grow tent. An empty closet with white walls works but may not be big enough for 3 plants. A wood frame with poly tarp curtain to close off an end or corner of a room. If you are uncomfortable with carpentry ridged insulation panels are more expensive but can wedge in floor to celling. Advantage is the room can be reconfigured easily by just moving panels. don't forget to put something down to protect the floor from water. I think everyone's first indoor grow they under estimate how much room they will need. Depending on pruning, a plant can easily fill one square yard. A 4 foot tall plant in 1.5 foot tall pot 1 foot away from 6 inches of light and hanger comes to 7 foot tall.

By the time you are flowering we won't have much sun light to control. You still want to control the environment. Minor light leaks on a flowering plant can stress it into hermaphrodite. You will get seeds and a less potent bud. Being in Michigan temp and humidity may be bigger issues. You don't want to drop below 80deg in flower and closer to 85 in veg. When the furnace kicks on the house humidity drops. You want 50 - 70 RH veg and 40-60 RH in flower. The last issue is pests. Mites live year round, indoors and out. They thrive in dry, cool conditions and your plant is one of few food sources for them come thanks giving.

You can put together a cheap DIY grow tent. An empty closet with white walls works but may not be big enough for 3 plants. A wood frame with poly tarp curtain to close off an end or corner of a room. If you are uncomfortable with carpentry ridged insulation panels are more expensive but can wedge in floor to celling. Advantage is the room can be reconfigured easily by just moving panels. don't forget to put something down to protect the floor from water. I think everyone's first indoor grow they under estimate how much room they will need. Depending on pruning, a plant can easily fill one square yard. A 4 foot tall plant in 1.5 foot tall pot 1 foot away from 6 inches of light and hanger comes to 7 foot tall.
2023-09-18-14-47-43-798.jpg

I have one uncle with hydro room, uses good genetics, Checks his plants almost daily. As soon a problem starts to show he is on it. Gets a good harvest of two poke smoke.

I also have an uncle in-law. He sits at the edge of his veg garden smoking last years harvest. When he finds a seed he literally throws it in the garden. They get no special treatment. He may cut down a male plant but then just leave it lay to be tilled in with the tomatoes at the end of season. He gets a good sized harvest from just the ones that live of six poke smoke.

Watching these two guys, high as fuck, arguing what is the correct grow method is like reading this forum at times. Neither is wrong, neither is right. Time and equipment can improve your odds and quality but plants just fail sometimes. On the other hand it is just a weed. let it grow.

Keep this in mind when people answer your questions. Most everyone on here has the best of intentions but sometimes you are talking to the wrong uncle for your grow style.

Keep us updated on your grow, and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom