Trala’s Tent

There is another option, if you enjoy growing and think you're gonna do at least a few grows just go buy a bigger tent.

Being able to keep all 4 plants will provide you with more than enough weed to cover the extra spend.

And you would be able to rest easy knowing you didn't abandon your poor helpless children when all they wanted to do was please you with nice tasty buds :thumb:
OMG the guilt!

I never asked to be a mother of 4 newborns! Stop judging me! I only have so much milk to give!

S O B B I N G !

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

This set up has cost me $800 in total. I don’t really want to outlay more money because let’s face it, I’m still not certain I can grow buds yet. All we really know so far is I can keep plants alive indoors in a tent for 7 weeks, plants I may well have hermed given my nighttime sleep time prodding. I would prefer to know I can get them to bud before expanding.

I’m not interested in selling, so for me it’s just about the personal.

Omg I have almost developed a migraine trying to covert gallons and inches, to litres And cm’s!

There‘s 20 minutes of my life I’m not getting back!

L O L L I N G !

Given my tiny tent I have tentatively decided on a 40cm pot which holds 27 litres, and in the US that would mean a 15.748 inch pot which holds 7.13265 gallons.

Does that sound okay?
That sounds perfect! Regarding what is happening in America right now, it is indeed terrible and the actions of a few professional instigators. It looks to me like our president, a true leader, is putting a stop to it as of now. Time will tell and I hope that the ones causing the trouble decide to stand down before they get hurt.

That sounds perfect!
It didn’t go to plan, and because I was in charge of the decisions, I no doubt made all the wrong choices, but I’ll get to that. First I want to talk politics and I am well aware there are three things friends should never discuss religion, politics and whether the jam or the cream goes on the scone first (it’s always jam btw).

Regarding what is happening in America right now, it is indeed terrible and the actions of a few professional instigators. It looks to me like our president, a true leader, is putting a stop to it as of now. Time will tell and I hope that the ones causing the trouble decide to stand down before they get hurt.
Okay first let me say opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one. Some stink, some are agreeable, some are odd, and some are Just down right wrong, but we all have the right to have our own. I am by nature opinionated and many times I have changed my thinking after realising what I believed 100% to be true actually wasn’t true at all.

I’m not sure if you are aware but my country really loves your country. We particularly love your tv, your music, your actors and your fast food and coffee chains. My favourite bands in the world areCounting Crows and Live. We love Ellen, and Brad Pitt and TaylorSwift, a generalisation of course, but you know what I mean. There is not a morning that our news doesn’t start with something outrageous or idiotic that Trump has said, tweeted or done. Every morning TV show will have an American “expert” telling us how bad he is, how he is ruining your country. And then we get a sound bite of Trump himself chanting “fake news! Fake news!“

Well this very morning I’m laying in bed, TV on watching your riots in sadness and horror, then it gets interrupted with a live broadcast of President Trump addressing the media and our media showed the entire speech (usually we get tidbits). I‘m going to paraphrase but he said something like “...I am in charge, I respect the right to peaceful protest, looting and violence will not be tolerated, I am bringing in the national Guard and order will be restored, a precious church was burned, buildings destroyed, it won’t be tolerated...”. His speech was clear and concise. Then he went for a walk somewhere with his team, I think maybe to the church.

Our next news cast stated something like “Trump turns National Guard onto his people” And I thought WTF, we just watched his full address and that’s not what he said, and like a slap to my face I thought three words - FAKE FUCKING NEWS. And I am hit with the realisation that everything I’m reading and hearing to be true might not be true at all.

I’m looking for advice.

I see my grow space is too small for 4. It’s coming into winter here 12 Hour nights, so once you guys advise me to flip, I will move two outdoors. The temps here really only go as low as 7 degrees and that’s just for a few weeks in Jul/aug and from 0400-0600 in the morning. Winter days tend to be a chilly 20- 25 degrees which is GG’s Summer lolling.

Could you guys tell me

1. whether to uppot once more?
2. when to do the 12 hour nights?
3. is it normal for my plants to be so low to the ground? They are like ground covers
4. should I keep d shakling and tying them up? I have let them go free today as I thought I was stumping them.

I hate being so super needy, but I literally have no idea what to do next.

Any advice is appreciated

I have been awake since 0600 yesterday thanks to my dreaded night shift last night, so it’s time for me to drop into an exhausted heap.

Night :)
I forget this fact of real weather there and winters better than our summers. Lol This could work well for you but the training is more for indoor and smaller spaces. It wont hurt them at all but they wont be the trees your used to outside now. Indoors is your winter project now then?. Maybe once harvested , a bigger tent for flowering and the little one to bring them up 1st. A good led for that tent and enough plants per harvest to meet your needs between crops is the goal I take it at this stage ?.

I just checked Fahrenheit and yes, that could be a problem, not during the day but at night.

I peeked at my menagerie of misfits and omg one day of deshackling and every green arm is waving in the air like they just don’t care! Just amazing how different they can look after 18 hours of sun and 6 hours of (undisrupted) sleep.
Welcome to the vigorous world of growing.lol
told you they respond quickly.heehee
The ties will be kept in place to keep them down and flatter. They will surge upwards from the mains being prepared during stretch too.

It didn’t go to plan, and because I was in charge of the decisions, I no doubt made all the wrong choices, but I’ll get to that. First I want to talk politics and I am well aware there are three things friends should never discuss religion, politics and whether the jam or the cream goes on the scone first (it’s always jam btw).

Okay first let me say opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one. Some stink, some are agreeable, some are odd, and some are Just down right wrong, but we all have the right to have our own. I am by nature opinionated and many times I have changed my thinking after realising what I believed 100% to be true actually wasn’t true at all.

I’m not sure if you are aware but my country really loves your country. We particularly love your tv, your music, your actors and your fast food and coffee chains. My favourite bands in the world areCounting Crows and Live. We love Ellen, and Brad Pitt and TaylorSwift, a generalisation of course, but you know what I mean. There is not a morning that our news doesn’t start with something outrageous or idiotic that Trump has said, tweeted or done. Every morning TV show will have an American “expert” telling us how bad he is, how he is ruining your country. And then we get a sound bite of Trump himself chanting “fake news! Fake news!“

Well this very morning I’m laying in bed, TV on watching your riots in sadness and horror, then it gets interrupted with a live broadcast of President Trump addressing the media and our media showed the entire speech (usually we get tidbits). I‘m going to paraphrase but he said something like “...I am in charge, I respect the right to peaceful protest, looting and violence will not be tolerated, I am bringing in the national Guard and order will be restored, a precious church was burned, buildings destroyed, it won’t be tolerated...”. His speech was clear and concise. Then he went for a walk somewhere with his team, I think maybe to the church.

Our next news cast stated something like “Trump turns National Guard onto his people” And I thought WTF, we just watched his full address and that’s not what he said, and like a slap to my face I thought three words - FAKE FUCKING NEWS. And I am hit with the realisation that everything I’m reading and hearing to be true might not be true at all.
Oh my love, you have made my day with this post! I don't have the time to say what all I want to say here, because I am having one of those rough mornings and I really need to scoot off to work. I will answer you from there when I get things going in the office and in between meetings.
Basically, you are right. Things are not at all what they seem. Half of our country is listening to the lies coming from the mass media and Hollywood and half have woken up to the fact that there is an active coup against this president going on right in front of us. I am so glad you got to hear his speech in full. It was a great speech and it showed balls of steel to march right thru that park that a half an hour before had been occupied by rioters, right up to the church that had been burned the night before, and shook his personal bible at it and the situation! Wow. I was never so proud of my President as I was yesterday. Every lie they attribute to the President is false... I follow the man closely, he not only doesn't lie, but he keeps his promises. Every single one of them. Hillary should be shaking in fear... her day is coming.

More later... if traffic cooperates, I will make it. Ta

London is a beautiful town. It has much to recommend it, including a distant donkey.
We don’t get the same kind of history in the antipodes.
Hey

Just because we know a few Billy Joel tunes doesn’t mean we don’t think you’re as mad a spoon :rofl:
If you really are going round the twist I’m afraid to say you’re quite alone in it after all. We’re all as sane as the next bloke.
No, ok.
The next one along from you, GGD.
Meanwhile I have to trot. Pretty sure I saw some juicy thistles in someone’s outdoor grow just now. Mmm mm herrrre thistlethistlethistle...
:ciao:

(Out of respect for @Emilya :adore: I’m just gonna quietly go off and get some prickles in my mouth while you ladies discuss rooting.
You’re a better gardener than you think, you know).
Overowded shithole full of mockneys now. ( fake cockneys)They come out for the tourists and speak slang as they walk around. Paid by London council . Once half past 5 hits they all put their suits on and go back to their mansions.lol
I live near Nottingham and even closer to Robin Hood Major oak ( dead tree held up with planks of wood and should have been allowed fo die gracefully years ago !) We have Brian Clough and Nottingham Forest not to mention a king dying in a castle in my town a short walk away. Our town was very important during the Cromwell civil war as the king hid here and also in the hotel where MrsGG and I wed locally in a smaller market town called Southwell. We slept in his chambers in the same bed. Thankfully sheets had been changed. We go there to celebrate our wedding and was our first official date there when we had to hide our relationship. Now has historic symbolism for us too. Some beautiful spaces walkable close by related to civil war too. Very lucky here.

Oh my love, you have made my day with this post! I don't have the time to say what all I want to say here, because I am having one of those rough mornings and I really need to scoot off to work. I will answer you from there when I get things going in the office and in between meetings.
Basically, you are right. Things are not at all what they seem. Half of our country is listening to the lies coming from the mass media and Hollywood and half have woken up to the fact that there is an active coup against this president going on right in front of us. I am so glad you got to hear his speech in full. It was a great speech and it showed balls of steel to march right thru that park that a half an hour before had been occupied by rioters, right up to the church that had been burned the night before, and shook his personal bible at it and the situation! Wow. I was never so proud of my President as I was yesterday. Every lie they attribute to the President is false... I follow the man closely, he not only doesn't lie, but he keeps his promises. Every single one of them. Hillary should be shaking in fear... her day is coming.

WWG1WGA for me all the way too. Big q follower and occasional 8kun poster from UK.We see what they are doing clearly. D'S All assets deployed with blm/antifa agenda and we have some stirring from them here now. King John for the Win we hope !. Our govt coup has been swift and now being run by 77th Brigade army intelligence operatives. Scary but hoping they are Q friendly and for our protection from the Cabals head hiding here with Gates and others !. Sorry but had to "out" myself.

GOOD MORNING TEAM TRALA’s TENT! :love: :love::love:

Third day of holidays, awake at 5am again! First and foremost, just to bring you up to speed with my household dynamics, my partner hates the fact I am growing plants and has started calling me Pablo after Pablo Escobar! Lolling!

OMG Operation Uppot ended up being a bit of an ordeal...

It seems I have no idea when it comes to visualising size. How were two 40cm pots ever going to fit in a 70cm tent? Even when a Bill pointed it out I was still thinking “yeah I won’t get all 4 in, but I’ll get 3 in fo sho”. Well as you were all probably aware, a 40cm pot is over half the size of my whole tent! I was like genuinely gob smacked because in my mind, I was going to squeeze 3 in!

So the first thing I did wrong was make executive decisions, without going to my mentors first :laughtwo:, I felt I could fit four 30cm, while it’s only 5cm larger, it seemed to be big enough for at least a couple of weeks growth. So I got them. I have a feeling, like my plant sleep time terrorising, this will be wrong.

So I come home and excitedly uppotted and my clone wouldn’t come out of the pot, so I shake and jiggle and swear - she’s still tied up to the damned pot! I swear if these were babies, social services would take them from me! Slowly but surely I untie while profusely apologising, and deshackle and uppot.

I was sure the other clonestar would be ready, but I felt my 100% seedstars wouldn’t be ready, O. M. G. Shows you how much I fucking know!

Minxie Grand and Trixie Grand

8C4DD83B-B4CD-4870-A9C8-F0E513D4DB10.jpeg ED13C152-5FDF-4145-BA23-B9DB99C98305.jpeg

So the next thing I think I have probably done wrong was I left them in the sun for 46 minutes while rotating through the four, I uppotted, watered and tied down. And the third thing I think I did wrong was keep them up, it was such a time consuming process. By the time I got them back in their tent it was 16 minutes past their sleep time, I quickly shut the tent and I haven’t looked since. The tying down and shackling takes me so long, I got some feedback that I might be weighing the branches down too much, so I took my time and used pegs and pipe cleaner sparkles on the clonestars and shackles and padlocks on the seedstars. The temp in the tent was 23 degrees and the temp outside as 25 degrees, and it was just so sunny and beautiful. My gut says it was the wrong thing to do, but I did it anyway lolling, it was such a process, and they looked so happy in the sun.

Here are some pics of my Menagerie of Misfits.

They were getting some sun while I cleaned the tent and organised by tie down stuff. I mean look at that sky! I hate keeping them caged.

7DC7B55E-D229-4B2F-89F2-1CF346D7BEB6.jpeg A390B081-9535-4BDF-9F42-7170F893E567.jpeg 00B77CBA-A0B6-434F-BD86-0F29CC48B74C.jpeg

Here they are tied and nearly ready for bed.

Minxie Grand, Trixie Grand, Twiggy and Kate Bush, who has 6 arms!

4AA7A34C-DA29-47BA-B3B8-82CF8F6B06BC.jpeg B733C17C-D88F-4AD6-83F7-3421B8D8C4BB.jpeg
FA1E26E2-650B-4741-B11D-7D0F4E89F0A0.jpeg 325EEC1E-03FA-4E23-8AA3-360535F61973.jpeg

While some will need to go outside, I need to keep them in the tent till my partner finishes our fence, FYI he knows not to fuck around when Pablo gives a direct order, the current fence is palings and many are broken, and you can see into the backyard, and my last grow I became a bit paranoid by bud time, I lopped the tops off early because you could see them and I constantly worried someone would spot them. My new fence, fingers crossed, should be more private.

So there you have it. Please all advice is appreciated because I genuinely have no idea what I’m doing.

:) :) :)

I forget this fact of real weather there and winters better than our summers. Lol This could work well for you but the training is more for indoor and smaller spaces. It wont hurt them at all but they wont be the trees your used to outside now. Indoors is your winter project now then?. Maybe once harvested , a bigger tent for flowering and the little one to bring them up 1st. A good led for that tent and enough plants per harvest to meet your needs between crops is the goal I take it at this stage ?.
This is an idea I’m going to throw out there.

I see now my room can only hold one, so I’m thinking do it Kookaburra style. Kookaburras can lay 3 Eggs that produce 3 live chicks, but they fight it out until only one baby is standing. It will be hard, but you need to help me choose the best candidate, unless you think it is a shit idea, then I will just do what you say! Lollllll

That is my goal, just enough to smoke, and maybe a bit to share with friends. Tho TBH to recoup some of the cost would be good. I am 100% coal face working class, and not flush with cash. Our holiday was cancelled due to Ronas isolation, so we are using that money for the fence.

At this point I can’t afford another tent really, and let’s face it, we don’t know if I can produce da bud yet. My goal is still summer outside as I love the process, and to take what I’ve learned in here and apply it to outdoors is exciting to me, and the tent all year round.

Overowded shithole full of mockneys now. ( fake cockneys)They come out for the tourists and speak slang as they walk around. Paid by London council . Once half past 5 hits they all put their suits on and go back to their mansions.lol
I live near Nottingham and even closer to Robin Hood Major oak ( dead tree held up with planks of wood and should have been allowed fo die gracefully years ago !) We have Brian Clough and Nottingham Forest not to mention a king dying in a castle in my town a short walk away. Our town was very important during the Cromwell civil war as the king hid here and also in the hotel where MrsGG and I wed locally in a smaller market town called Southwell. We slept in his chambers in the same bed. Thankfully sheets had been changed. We go there to celebrate our wedding and was our first official date there when we had to hide our relationship. Now has historic symbolism for us too. Some beautiful spaces walkable close by related to civil war too. Very lucky here.
K so when I googled, it said the church was burned in a fire. My dad used to sing me a song and I’m interested if it’s a common rhyme.

It went “London’s burning, London’s burning, fetch the engines, fetch the engines, fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Pour the water, pour the water” then repeat, over and over lolling. I am now wondering if that was written about the church. Strange the memories we store.

I‘ve heard about Nottingham and Robin Hood, great folklore. Our equivalent was probably Ned Kelly, though I’m not sure how much he gave to the poor. I loved the movie based in your town, Julia Roberts was the lead.

Is the castle still there? Omg Cromwell?! When playing skip rope as a kid we used to sing “Oliver Cromwell lost his shoe in the battle of water loo” . I’m seriously now wondering if it’s the same guy!

I love the UK, though to be fair all my info has come from books. I love your history. The European side of my country was born in 1770, built on the backs of English convicts, and if you go back further than that our history is aboriginal. It was a brutal time for the poor and have nots, both black and white.

Do you really hate the royal family? It blows my mind that sort of history, castles, crowns, bloodlines and so on. I have always been drawn to the concept. We are all basically mongrels here, bits of everything in us.

Good morning Em :)

I’m not really a political type person, I really just focus on me and mine. But I can’t help but notice here with our Rona bailout two groups seem to get the benefits, the very very wealthy and the very Very poor. Middle income, who work their guts out for minimum wage get little to nothing.

We have a small percentage of unemployed who have made welfare their life (I come from a long line of welfare takers, both my mother and father sucked at its tit, as did I until around 25), most don’t take Educational opportunities, most have no interest in earning legally, and live in cheap government housing, and have free health and medication subsidies, and that’s ok, because through the majority working, (sometimes for only $200 per fortnight more than they get) means we have enough money to carry them. The thing that has fucked off many working class, that demographic is getting an extra $500 per fortnight during Rona and until September. That will be an extra $6000, from the tax we pay. What do we get? Nothing.

Hey TraLa.

Hell up at 5am on a day off, that should be illegal.

Your plants look happy out in that glorious sunshine.
Leaving them out past lights out won't hurt at all.
It's a bit of personal preference but you can give a plant a full 24hr of light whilst they are still in veg.
It's when you start to flower it needs to be a strict 12hr light 12hr dark with no interruptions.

I think you would manage 2 plants in those pots in your tent if you put them diagonally.
I would try for 2 anyway, it gives you the opportunity to fuck one up and still have one :thumb:

We have a problem here with the welfare state.
I have my own business and find it hard to get new staff as people are so well looked after when they don't work.
People don't see the bigger picture.
I recently treated myself to an expensive car and an old school friend (unemployed) told me I was lucky.
No luck here mate, just hard work;)

Anyway, tents lights and budgets, I get where you are coming from but you will grow some nice quality bud.
That's when you will expand and upgrade, it's a bug.

As you I only grow for me and to share a little with friends.
I think I'm going to have more bud than I know what to do with but I enjoy growing it :yummy:

Hey TraLa.

Hell up at 5am on a day off, that should be illegal.

Your plants look happy out in that glorious sunshine.
Leaving them out past lights out won't hurt at all.
It's a bit of personal preference but you can give a plant a full 24hr of light whilst they are still in veg.
It's when you start to flower it needs to be a strict 12hr light 12hr dark with no interruptions.

I think you would manage 2 plants in those pots in your tent if you put them diagonally.
I would try for 2 anyway, it gives you the opportunity to fuck one up and still have one :thumb:

We have a problem here with the welfare state.
I have my own business and find it hard to get new staff as people are so well looked after when they don't work.
People don't see the bigger picture.
I recently treated myself to an expensive car and an old school friend (unemployed) told me I was lucky.
No luck here mate, just hard work;)

Anyway, tents lights and budgets, I get where you are coming from but you will grow some nice quality bud.
That's when you will expand and upgrade, it's a bug.

As you I only grow for me and to share a little with friends.
I think I'm going to have more bud than I know what to do with but I enjoy growing it :yummy:
Good morning Bill :)

OMG How funny, me thinking I could fit 3 pots?!

I‘m really fond of the seedstars. The clonestars look like they are bigger, stronger, and would probably cope best kicked out. I was thinking one, but maybe 2 is doable. Would I uppot again?

Could I sun them through the day? I’m on a staycation, so I could literally take them out each day for direct sun. Would that confuse them? I’d so love to take them out even for just 2 hours of beautiful sunlight. The weather here is simply beautiful! Not a cloud in the sky.

Good morning Bill :)

OMG How funny, me thinking I could fit 3 pots?!

I‘m really fond of the seedstars. The clonestars look like they are bigger, stronger, and would probably cope best kicked out. I was thinking one, but maybe 2 is doable. Would I uppot again?

Could I sun them through the day? I’m on a staycation, so I could literally take them out each day for direct sun. Would that confuse them? I’d so love to take them out even for just 2 hours of beautiful sunlight. The weather here is simply beautiful! Not a cloud in the sky.
Probably the only time I've been greeted with good morning at 11pm :D

Yes err 3 would be a squeeze.

I think these need to be the final homes. The pots are big enough to see them through flower if you don't veg them too much longer.

Sounds like the clonestars are gonna have to take their chances out in the big wide world.

Definitely give them some sun light, just be careful it's not too much as the sunlight will be a lot more powerful than your lights, a few hours a day would be fine, I'd just avoid the hottest part of the day and look out for signs of light stress.

Probably the only time I've been greeted with good morning at 11pm :D

Yes err 3 would be a squeeze.

I think these need to be the final homes. The pots are big enough to see them through flower if you don't veg them too much longer.

Sounds like the clonestars are gonna have to take their chances out in the big wide world.

Definitely give them some sun light, just be careful it's not too much as the sunlight will be a lot more powerful than your lights, a few hours a day would be fine, I'd just avoid the hottest part of the day and look out for signs of light stress.
What are signs of light stress?

Good afternoon :)

Gave the girls a 3 hour sunbake in the most secluded spot in my yard.

My fence is coming along. It might even be finished by Monday. As you can see my old fence was quite the eyesore. I added the bamboo screening in an attempt to add height.

To give you some perspective on it’s height, I am 5”10/178cm, so you really need to be a basketball player to see over it.

09174E2C-11E3-42E3-8920-34AEBF790D53.jpeg

Come the first full moon in September, I’ll be planting and doing a couple outdoors.

What are signs of light stress?
seriously... the leaves at the top of the plant can start curling up from the edges as if they were being baked in the oven. Too much light and too much heat look a lot alike... its good to have a LUX meter so you can accurately adjust the level of your lights to the correct LUX for that period of the grow.... young plants and vegging plants cant take as much light as a plant in full bloom.

Back
Top Bottom