Gotta Crawl Before You Walk!

I have been sitting on a block of Coco for 6 months now. I want to get into coco, some say use straight Coco and others say use it with a certain percentage of perlite, so I just do not know what to do. I have some decent beans now no more of that bag seed, and I do not want to mess them up. Maybe after a few more readings on this forum about Coco I can make up my mind.
Yes some mix 70/30 coco/perlite, mine is straight coco, but I may add perlite on my 3rd run because it's starting to get really fine and is compacting a little more on this 2nd run.

Here ya go. Sometimes I think I forget google is around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-182218_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-182218_Chrome.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 80
I use 70% coco / 30% perlite in a drain-to-waste hydroponics system. I've re-used it up to five times, just adding new mix to the old to bring the volume back up.

I highly recommend automatic watering with this system. My plants in 3.8 US gal / 11l pots take up to a liter three times per day when growing the fastest. With automatic watering, and Mega Crop for nutrients, I believe it's the easiest way to grow. Just remember to water to between 10% and 20% run off every time and you won't run into salt or nutrient build-ups in the root zone.

Don't go cheap on the coco. I use Canna Coco Bricks exclusively now. All the cheap stuff was chunky and needed to be thoroughly washed before use. The Canna Coco Bricks can be expanded with a light calmag solution pH'd to 5.8, mixed with perlite and used.

Back
Top Bottom