Trala’s Tent

Omg washing them too?!

These are the most indulged plants EVER!!!

While it sounds like a lot of work, I’ll have a crack. I have a great darkened little side work room I am using to dry. It’s RH is approx 55%-65%.

Is well water just water?
After the washing of half of one plant.
Notice how dirty the first yellow bucket water on left Is .
Would you eat your salads and veggies with out washing them ?
:thumb:
8B23E6F3-F580-47DB-B4E3-E643B099E477.jpeg

Hey Tra,

I got locked out of my account last week by accident and just got logged back in today. Congratulations on your harvest, I’m so thrilled for you!!! I finally got caught up here.

The bottom line is you can‘t see the tiny specs of dust on your plants because of the color contrasts. But do this.... go take a close look at the fan blades in your tent. Do you see all of that nasty accumulated dust?? Yep.... that’s why we bud wash!

Cheers!

Lots of growers prefer a 8 to 12 week cure. Even longer.
I guess it’s a personal matter of taste.
I know those first few weeks in the bottle , the odor definitely changes from hay to a very nice aroma.
Wait 12 weeks to smoke after all the time growing !. Does this grower use unicorn shit to feed the soil too .heehee

I have a deep well that I use for irrigation for my yard , veggies , flowers and cannabis.
Our city water has fluoride and Chlorine among other goodies , so I use the well water .
Plenty of folks here do use their tap water .
Do you have good air circulation in your dry room ?
A fan would work but not blowing directly on Your drying buds.
Sorry about the late delay in answering. I have been soooooo busy at work.

While I wouldn’t say the circulation is as good as an open window and fresh air, but I do have two fans that are circulating air while not blowing on the trimmed bud.

I have been using tap water that has stood for 24-48 hours, something about it being better, someone in here advised that, I forget who tbh.

Have you sampled any of the drying/dried stuff yet Tra?

:cheer:

I vote in favour of washing too, for what it's worth. It's a super easy step compared to the actual trimming etc. Does add a couple of hours while they drip dry, but, again, in the scale of things, not that significant!

Good luck for the remainder of harvest. I hope now you know what to expect it will be less of a rude shock, lol!

Does your microscope magnify further?

No I haven’t sampled.

I just don’t want to add washing them to my list of things to do!

😢

Its my Friday today, so I’m hoping to get some better microscope pics!

The good part is if you wash and dry and cure this batch you'll have aomething to smoke while the other stuff gets processed
There is nothing good about washing them!

I just don’t want toooooOOOOooOoOOOOooo!

Honestly I can’t be fucked!

After the washing of half of one plant.
Notice how dirty the first yellow bucket water on left Is .
Would you eat your salads and veggies with out washing them ?
:thumb:
8B23E6F3-F580-47DB-B4E3-E643B099E477.jpeg
Look I’d love to lie to your face and say I wash my fruit and veg, but I don’t.

I’d also love to lie to you and say “it’s okay tho, I only eat organic, natural insect spray free fruit and veg” but that would be a lie too. I’m literally sat here eating fresh blueberries from their insecticide ridden punnet like a savage and I’m not even joking!

Every other year I promise my self I will start washing before eating, and it starts well, but has never lasted longer than a week.

Hey Tra,

I got locked out of my account last week by accident and just got logged back in today. Congratulations on your harvest, I’m so thrilled for you!!! I finally got caught up here.

The bottom line is you can‘t see the tiny specs of dust on your plants because of the color contrasts. But do this.... go take a close look at the fan blades in your tent. Do you see all of that nasty accumulated dust?? Yep.... that’s why we bud wash!

Cheers!
I was wondering where you were!

Thank you. Omg I actually cut Trixie after a full days work. I found out I only want milky glitter, no amber, so I panicked thinking I’d over cook her! Such a terrible job.

OMG I just don’t wanna! I’m sick of it! I did leave them out in the rain to give them a faux wash, but that’s as far as I’m going. I promise to wash my next batch.

I mean what’s a bit of dust amongst friends?

On curing ...... Cigars cure amd take months. We dont cure , we dry and remove the chloryphyl mainly. Real cannabis curing is a metabolic process that happens over a ling period and similar to the alcohol process , changes the dried weed to an even more potent version of what we have smoked in general. We will not have had access to weed cured this way in our smoking careers unless we paid a lot for it and sought it out. Commercial growers and our suppliers would have been about speed to market . Growing our own is a real eye opener to what really goes in to getting to harvest and then finished trimmed Bud. The amount of basic info to get a finished plant finished can be overwhelming . It gives a new respect for the baggy deal we sometimes have to fall back on when "Dankrupt" ( He who cannot be named 2019-420).
If dried slowly and with a cooler airflow , the dry for me removes all the chloryphyl and possibility of harshness , then a week in jars sorts the terps and potency out. By chopping the plant up for drying , we kill jer instantly and halt every mobile process that was taking place in am instant. She cannot communicate with her babies or continue to convert her stores to beneficial sugars ect , which also burns off the harsher chemicals now trapped in each severed limb !!. She will do everyrhing in her power to keep her budlets alive , fresh and smelly for the pollinators to save her genetics. She will do this until total dehydration and no means to transfer mobile nutrients. Then she accepts her fate and sleeps knowing she has done all possible to pass on her beauty to the world.
Minxies Tale
"After a stormy beginning , she could show her mom how well she could dance in the breeze by the pool. Her gangly young limbs barely able to dance the fandango nit she knew mom was watching so tried hard.
As time passed mommy let her fulfill her destiny and become a woman of sorts , mom was convinced she was Binary by gender and could even he/she but Minxie knew otherwise and began to nurse beautiful little grandchildren to show mom how much she appreciated the care and love over the previous months of uncertainty.
Her beauty was in full swing and she was more than happy to adorn her babies in the finest encrusted diamonds , Gran was so proud that she became an accomplished photographer and took every opportunity to show her friends and contacts their amazing transition .
Trixie could not have been happier with her new brood and would weep quietly with joy and happiness , the tears would often catch her children as she gazed lovingly. She knew the time was approaching for her girls to leave home to form their own families so she kept her girls looking fresh and smelling so beautifully , but alas no one came for her girls yet. After many woeful nights of worry that her children would be left alone and barren she felt a disturbance in her soul and fell asleep with concern....
The screams and cries of familiar voices woke her with a start and pain like she had not felt since her youngest time and hoped never too again .
She tried to find the source of all the confusion but could not find some of her babies as she cried out im anguish at this terror upon them. As she felt the weight of her body diminish and the last image of her babies being taken away by the caring giant @TraLa she could only gasp "why friend , why?". As she slipped into the earth that bore her life spirit , her bones were taken amd thrown to the winds. Who knows what became of Minxies babies , maybe we will never know , minxie never got to finish her tale but the Caring Giant looked less unhappy about the fate.
The End."

Heehee had a spare half hour . lol
Try a complete plant dry before trim and chopping to compare your experiemce of trimming wct. Leaves fall off so easy once dry.
Peace and blessings

On curing ...... Cigars cure amd take months. We dont cure , we dry and remove the chloryphyl mainly. Real cannabis curing is a metabolic process that happens over a ling period and similar to the alcohol process , changes the dried weed to an even more potent version of what we have smoked in general. We will not have had access to weed cured this way in our smoking careers unless we paid a lot for it and sought it out. Commercial growers and our suppliers would have been about speed to market . Growing our own is a real eye opener to what really goes in to getting to harvest and then finished trimmed Bud. The amount of basic info to get a finished plant finished can be overwhelming . It gives a new respect for the baggy deal we sometimes have to fall back on when "Dankrupt" ( He who cannot be named 2019-420).
If dried slowly and with a cooler airflow , the dry for me removes all the chloryphyl and possibility of harshness , then a week in jars sorts the terps and potency out. By chopping the plant up for drying , we kill jer instantly and halt every mobile process that was taking place in am instant. She cannot communicate with her babies or continue to convert her stores to beneficial sugars ect , which also burns off the harsher chemicals now trapped in each severed limb !!. She will do everyrhing in her power to keep her budlets alive , fresh and smelly for the pollinators to save her genetics. She will do this until total dehydration and no means to transfer mobile nutrients. Then she accepts her fate and sleeps knowing she has done all possible to pass on her beauty to the world.
Minxies Tale
"After a stormy beginning , she could show her mom how well she could dance in the breeze by the pool. Her gangly young limbs barely able to dance the fandango nit she knew mom was watching so tried hard.
As time passed mommy let her fulfill her destiny and become a woman of sorts , mom was convinced she was Binary by gender and could even he/she but Minxie knew otherwise and began to nurse beautiful little grandchildren to show mom how much she appreciated the care and love over the previous months of uncertainty.
Her beauty was in full swing and she was more than happy to adorn her babies in the finest encrusted diamonds , Gran was so proud that she became an accomplished photographer and took every opportunity to show her friends and contacts their amazing transition .
Trixie could not have been happier with her new brood and would weep quietly with joy and happiness , the tears would often catch her children as she gazed lovingly. She knew the time was approaching for her girls to leave home to form their own families so she kept her girls looking fresh and smelling so beautifully , but alas no one came for her girls yet. After many woeful nights of worry that her children would be left alone and barren she felt a disturbance in her soul and fell asleep with concern....
The screams and cries of familiar voices woke her with a start and pain like she had not felt since her youngest time and hoped never too again .
She tried to find the source of all the confusion but could not find some of her babies as she cried out im anguish at this terror upon them. As she felt the weight of her body diminish and the last image of her babies being taken away by the caring giant @TraLa she could only gasp "why friend , why?". As she slipped into the earth that bore her life spirit , her bones were taken amd thrown to the winds. Who knows what became of Minxies babies , maybe we will never know , minxie never got to finish her tale but the Caring Giant looked less unhappy about the fate.
The End."

Heehee had a spare half hour . lol
Try a complete plant dry before trim and chopping to compare your experiemce of trimming wct. Leaves fall off so easy once dry.
Peace and blessings
😢

I love Minxie Grand so much. I love all of them. All four of them have taught me so much, and all four are so different to each other. I’m going to miss them so much. I know It’s silly but I cut them with absolute sadness.

I have sort of got a groove now with the wet cut.

Minxie is my last to be cut. I will dry trim her.

Do you wash?

😢

I love Minxie Grand so much. I love all of them. All four of them have taught me so much, and all four are so different to each other. I’m going to miss them so much. I know It’s silly but I cut them with absolute sadness.

I have sort of got a groove now with the wet cut.

Minxie is my last to be cut. I will dry trim her.

Do you wash?
No i dont wash. I believe nature cleans . Mrs GG reckons i stink though !!!
I dont wash at all but if i was using it for oils or edibles then i possibly would. Burning the weed kills any nastyness amd if dried rogjt , no adsitional dust ect will make a bit of difference in my opinion. Dont wash you frying pan is helps flavour anything cooked in it ! Lol

Who said anything about waiting ?.
After harvesting nearly 5 pounds of wet , I doubt this grower will smoke or cook all of it over night .
So yes , some cures longer than 12 weeks :lot-o-toke::bongrip::hookah:
Now THAT makes perfect sense.lol us and our measley 25oz. I just about get to the next harvest and never keep enough back for personal. Doh. This run and issues has set me back a good 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom