Trala’s Tent

I’d be happy with that :)

Very happy in fact.

I will try your method next time.

Do you sell it? Not sure if I can ask that tbh I don’t want to unintentionally breach rules. I have new appreciation for growers. People moan about the cost here, but so much work goes into it. It’s a hard job keeping them healthy, cutting, trimming and curing. It’s a very hard job.

They sell it in like hard nuggets here. How do they do that? Like it looks like a tiny amount, but weighs well and it fluffs up once you chop up.
It maybe dried in a freeze dryer to give it that hardness once dried. Preserves all the terpenes too. Here in the Uk depending on who to and where from ect.. An oz will go between £150-£240 which is for weights of an Oz+ Smaller amounts go for roughly £10 for approx .8g-1g. Very pricey habit here. The quality can range widely too dependant on if imported or grown here. And again deoends whonamd what they grew in. Too many "for profit" growers sadly who can out out a lot but not great potency.

I used to think ole mate was cheeky, but I now have new appreciation. It is such hard work. Keeping the nutritional ratio just right (I’m not sure if you were here when I started, my plants all looked like they had hepatitis! They were lacklustre and an awful shade of green), the lighting, the watering, the panic are they herming. It’s been so enjoyable but daily work.
Ah yes i remember the beginning lol. Thry turned out just fine. Im guessing its like kids it gets eaiser the more ya do. So you say one branch at a time huh? I have about 2 maybe 3 weeks left. Now i have no clue how to keep a room the right humidity while they dry. I also read some stuff on here about bud washing and well im gonna have to do it because the stuff that comes out in the water is crazy gross and i dont wanna smoke that..
Look on the brightside you'll make plenty money if its drying up which just helps the addiction of growing them and getting something you can be quite proud of. Even though i hope you feel pride in your girls

:love: Minxie Grand :love:

When would you cut it?

5FA9803D-6ACA-4DC7-8375-51F69DBB9226.jpeg 3C363BA6-09AB-4188-ACC0-8401E1E253F4.jpeg E0B1ECF6-B41D-4AB7-91F8-283181A1847E.jpeg
BC7DA5DE-86F1-429C-86E8-C889D6BEB4CA.jpeg 0FCFD155-19E9-4033-B69B-BDD6221C6A35.jpeg

In life whenever I have had zero idea what I’m doing, I always seek out people who know and align myself with them. I really do appreciate each piece of advice I’ve been given, whether I choose to take it or not. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Funnily enough trying to gauge cutting times, trying to photograph glitter and actual harvesting has been my least favourite part of this process by a country fucking mile!

Ah yes i remember the beginning lol. Thry turned out just fine. Im guessing its like kids it gets eaiser the more ya do. So you say one branch at a time huh? I have about 2 maybe 3 weeks left. Now i have no clue how to keep a room the right humidity while they dry. I also read some stuff on here about bud washing and well im gonna have to do it because the stuff that comes out in the water is crazy gross and i dont wanna smoke that..
Look on the brightside you'll make plenty money if its drying up which just helps the addiction of growing them and getting something you can be quite proud of. Even though i hope you feel pride in your girls
I‘ll let you know. I’m going to do one branch at a time, then a dry harvest and see which I prefer. The one branch at a time, I can get up and leave it for a bit when needed. The shear amount felt so overwhelming to manicure.

I‘m not washing it.

Oh and make sure you collect that scissor jizz.

I’m not selling it. I’ll prolly give some away tho.

:love: Minxie Grand :love:

When would you cut it?

5FA9803D-6ACA-4DC7-8375-51F69DBB9226.jpeg 3C363BA6-09AB-4188-ACC0-8401E1E253F4.jpeg E0B1ECF6-B41D-4AB7-91F8-283181A1847E.jpeg
BC7DA5DE-86F1-429C-86E8-C889D6BEB4CA.jpeg 0FCFD155-19E9-4033-B69B-BDD6221C6A35.jpeg

In life whenever I have had zero idea what I’m doing, I always seek out people who know and align myself with them. I really do appreciate each piece of advice I’ve been given, whether I choose to take it or not. :kiss::kiss::kiss:
I can't really tell. I don't see any amber but I can't distinguish cloudy from clear in the photo. :( She looked like she could use another week in the video. Trixie looks closer to being done. Wish I could help more!

I have learned the dry / cure process being completed properly is critical to taste and smoke quality.
I read a bunch of journals and tutorials on how other growers dry and cure.
I chose the low slow dry method because I was harvesting in stages and could not use my grow room to hang or cure until all plants were chopped.
After just harvesting 6 plants over about 2 1/2 weeks , I have been doing the following :
I chopped the bigger colas first and left the smaller stuff for another week or so to age a little longer .
I cut stems staying about 10” /12” long w/out touching the buds. This size or smaller fits in washbuckets
I washed ( dipped 15/20 times ) each stem in 4 buckets. Hydrogen peroxide / well water. Lemon Juice / baking soda/ well water . Hot water. Cold water.
I hung for 8 to 12 hrs for initial dry .
Trimmed buds of stems but left some sugar leafs and placed in paper bag in fridge for about a week.
Just covering the bottom Of bag w/ buds.
I opened bag outside of fridge and let sit for 5 minutes and fluffed the bds a couple times. Once daily.
Once contents were around 65% RH I placed in open jars and set back in fridge for a couple days.
Looking for 62%. Under 55% is to dry.
I rotated each jar daily.
Once dried properly I moved jars w/ lids tight , to a dark closet . Once my grow room was emptied of plants , it has become my curing room.
Keeping temps around 73* 60% RH.
This is the curing process.
I burp jars ( take off lids for 30 to 45 minutes ) and rotate a couple three times , twice daily.
My buds definitely tighten up and get very dense during this process.
I also start sampling the product during the morning burp .:lot-o-toke:
Week 1 , the buds have a hay smell .
Week 2 , they are tight nugs and the odor is changing. . Product smokes well .

I will continue this for about a month .
Then burping every few days .
This process seems to be working well , but I am not finished.
I have had no mold show up but I did dry one jar a bit too much .

I can't really tell. I don't see any amber but I can't distinguish cloudy from clear in the photo. :( She looked like she could use another week in the video. Trixie looks closer to being done. Wish I could help more!
I’m actually glad you can’t distinguish cloudy from clear, coz I can’t either!

I thought this part was going to be the super fun part! It ain’t!

So do I! Lollllling!

But thanks anyway :)

I have learned the dry / cure process being completed properly is critical to taste and smoke quality.
I read a bunch of journals and tutorials on how other growers dry and cure.
I chose the low slow dry method because I was harvesting in stages and could not use my grow room to hang or cure until all plants were chopped.
After just harvesting 6 plants over about 2 1/2 weeks , I have been doing the following :
I chopped the bigger colas first and left the smaller stuff for another week or so to age a little longer .
I cut stems staying about 10” /12” long w/out touching the buds. This size or smaller fits in washbuckets
I washed ( dipped 15/20 times ) each stem in 4 buckets. Hydrogen peroxide / well water. Lemon Juice / baking soda/ well water . Hot water. Cold water.
I hung for 8 to 12 hrs for initial dry .
Trimmed buds of stems but left some sugar leafs and placed in paper bag in fridge for about a week.
Just covering the bottom Of bag w/ buds.
I opened bag outside of fridge and let sit for 5 minutes and fluffed the bds a couple times. Once daily.
Once contents were around 65% RH I placed in open jars and set back in fridge for a couple days.
Looking for 62%. Under 55% is to dry.
I rotated each jar daily.
Once dried properly I moved jars w/ lids tight , to a dark closet . Once my grow room was emptied of plants , it has become my curing room.
Keeping temps around 73* 60% RH.
This is the curing process.
I burp jars ( take off lids for 30 to 45 minutes ) and rotate a couple three times , twice daily.
My buds definitely tighten up and get very dense during this process.
I also start sampling the product during the morning burp .:lot-o-toke:
Week 1 , the buds have a hay smell .
Week 2 , they are tight nugs and the odor is changing. . Product smokes well .

I will continue this for about a month .
Then burping every few days .
This process seems to be working well , but I am not finished.
I have had no mold show up but I did dry one jar a bit too much .
Omg washing them too?!

These are the most indulged plants EVER!!!

While it sounds like a lot of work, I’ll have a crack. I have a great darkened little side work room I am using to dry. It’s RH is approx 55%-65%.

Is well water just water?

See just when u think you get to just pluck a bud off and smoke you find out theres like a whole other 4 week process which has me thinking dam ive probably wasted a half million dollars on shit in my lifetime.

See just when u think you get to just pluck a bud off and smoke you find out theres like a whole other 4 week process which has me thinking dam ive probably wasted a half million dollars on shit in my lifetime.
Omg you should have seen how I dried my last plants!! Lol

Omg washing them too?!

These are the most indulged plants EVER!!!

While it sounds like a lot of work, I’ll have a crack. I have a great darkened little side work room I am using to dry. It’s RH is approx 55%-65%.

Is well water just water?
I have a deep well that I use for irrigation for my yard , veggies , flowers and cannabis.
Our city water has fluoride and Chlorine among other goodies , so I use the well water .
Plenty of folks here do use their tap water .
Do you have good air circulation in your dry room ?
A fan would work but not blowing directly on Your drying buds.

Lots of growers prefer a 8 to 12 week cure. Even longer.
I guess it’s a personal matter of taste.
I know those first few weeks in the bottle , the odor definitely changes from hay to a very nice aroma.

Have you sampled any of the drying/dried stuff yet Tra?

:cheer:

I vote in favour of washing too, for what it's worth. It's a super easy step compared to the actual trimming etc. Does add a couple of hours while they drip dry, but, again, in the scale of things, not that significant!

Good luck for the remainder of harvest. I hope now you know what to expect it will be less of a rude shock, lol!

Does your microscope magnify further?

The good part is if you wash and dry and cure this batch you'll have aomething to smoke while the other stuff gets processed

Back
Top Bottom