Trala’s Tent

For the indoors - I’m running regular fans without no dust filtration or charcoal scent traps etc .... but if you look at your fan blades or wash out your filter cloths, foam covers or intake screens etc in a clean sink and see all of the nasty water - it will change your perspective.

I’m sure many of you have the bomb ventilation setup with positive pressure in the tent and hepa filters. I don’t have all that but I still don’t want dusty produce, look at all the nooks and crannys in your buds and I bet a lot of folks are consuming dust from ignorance.

Now for outdoors - they get tons of rain anyway with no adverse effect to the finished buds - right? If you’ve ever cleaned your shears after trimming then you know scissor jizz don’t wash off with water. You can stick that shit on the wall and it will be there til next Christmas! Guess that’s why it’s called jizz huh? Anyway trichs are freaking glue at harvest time - I would just about bet money that room temp water can’t wash a single trich off - you gotta have steam or a solvent like 151 proof, butane or dry ice for that. I’m going out on a limb here but water can’t hurt your buds - there’s no way. Now if you don’t dry it right yeah but you are smarter than that!

Don’t get me started on foliar, If you spray anything at all - systemic poison like neem or insect soaps, whatever...... then you should seriously re-think bud washing. I do take my fans down after a grow and blast them with the air compressor to clean the shrouds and blades then nuke them with an ammonia based cleaner.

Not that it matters but for bud washing I do 3 five gallon buckets of fresh room temp water. I don’t use the baking soda and lemon deal. Just plain water. I hold each branch under water for 1 minute and move to the next bucket and so on. I make sure they hang in the dark with positive air flow for drip dry at least 4 hours before trimming or moving forward.

Perhaps I’ve got more dust than others but I’m always going to wash my harvests immediately. Anything I smoke or turn to oil, it’s gonna be washed first plus it improves the taste anyways. Try washing 1/2 of your next harvest next time. Bet you never look back after comparing the two methods. Make sure that first bucket is a white bucket so you can see how dirty the water is.

What's this about washing fruit? Now that’s fucked up - didn’t know you could do that. Anyways - Can I get a side dish of pesticide sauce with extra gluten to dip my fruit in?

All right people - cheers!

So i did it i was taking a look and heard the snap.... o_O

I put a twist tie on it as it is more like a hairline fracture not compound.... Oh my heavens i was so dam close to done.
20200909_174819.jpg

Same here GGD, the fungus gnat orgy and the russet mite outbreak have really cramped my style!
Got to love nature !!!. Lol well some of it.
2ml milk/1L water and a drop of liquid soap(/washing up liquid to us brits) can also add a little a steeped tobacco water. In a spray bottle . mist both pmant and surfaces of pot for the larvae emerging after spraying. The milk suffocates any soft bodied nasties , tobacco is natural and wont harm the pmant or flowers. Hope you won?. Lol

Sorry about the stem break there big guy, man I hate that for you! Hey I will run with that milk, liquid soap and tobacco suggestion there. I did hit them with some neem just cuz they sneaked in and got a big foothold before I realized it. Yep little fuggers were throwing a party all over my plant. I’m going for round 2 of the Neem in a few days since these are the only 2 daughters of my recently deceased clone mother. I want to get them stabilized before I move forward. But after 2nd round of neem the will get the milky soapy tobacco bath! Thats a great home remedy - thanks for sharing GGD

you got her patched up nice - she’s a tough cookie

I battled aphids... Fuckers would flip me off every day having tea parties n shit... I think i killed mine off.... Wish i would have known ggd's recipe but now i have it for next time, as there is always a next time

For the indoors - I’m running regular fans without no dust filtration or charcoal scent traps etc .... but if you look at your fan blades or wash out your filter cloths, foam covers or intake screens etc in a clean sink and see all of the nasty water - it will change your perspective.

I’m sure many of you have the bomb ventilation setup with positive pressure in the tent and hepa filters. I don’t have all that but I still don’t want dusty produce, look at all the nooks and crannys in your buds and I bet a lot of folks are consuming dust from ignorance.

Now for outdoors - they get tons of rain anyway with no adverse effect to the finished buds - right? If you’ve ever cleaned your shears after trimming then you know scissor jizz don’t wash off with water. You can stick that shit on the wall and it will be there til next Christmas! Guess that’s why it’s called jizz huh? Anyway trichs are freaking glue at harvest time - I would just about bet money that room temp water can’t wash a single trich off - you gotta have steam or a solvent like 151 proof, butane or dry ice for that. I’m going out on a limb here but water can’t hurt your buds - there’s no way. Now if you don’t dry it right yeah but you are smarter than that!

Don’t get me started on foliar, If you spray anything at all - systemic poison like neem or insect soaps, whatever...... then you should seriously re-think bud washing. I do take my fans down after a grow and blast them with the air compressor to clean the shrouds and blades then nuke them with an ammonia based cleaner.

Not that it matters but for bud washing I do 3 five gallon buckets of fresh room temp water. I don’t use the baking soda and lemon deal. Just plain water. I hold each branch under water for 1 minute and move to the next bucket and so on. I make sure they hang in the dark with positive air flow for drip dry at least 4 hours before trimming or moving forward.

Perhaps I’ve got more dust than others but I’m always going to wash my harvests immediately. Anything I smoke or turn to oil, it’s gonna be washed first plus it improves the taste anyways. Try washing 1/2 of your next harvest next time. Bet you never look back after comparing the two methods. Make sure that first bucket is a white bucket so you can see how dirty the water is.

What's this about washing fruit? Now that’s fucked up - didn’t know you could do that. Anyways - Can I get a side dish of pesticide sauce with extra gluten to dip my fruit in?

A great case for the washing, presented and noted.

I put a twist tie on it as it is more like a hairline fracture not compound.... Oh my heavens i was so dam close to done.
20200909_174819.jpg
She will do her best to keep the nutes flowing as long as there is still a connection. May even oil up a little more from the stress.

Trixie Grand

I didn’t cut the whole thing this time. I’m going to put the lower growth on 12:12 to see if I can squeeze a bit more bud out of her. I’ll do the math tomorrow and I’ll update you on Minxie Grand on whether it’s time to slit her throat too 😢

And then there were 2

:( :( :(

9ADA226C-D0E7-46E2-B6C4-50EC45ACA12F.jpeg 2F53E718-4493-4B7D-BDFC-B4617031AF98.jpeg 3178677D-1B66-47A0-B907-D61EB59332D0.jpeg

I haven’t sprayed anything on them outside a squirter bottle of water, and that was only until it was pointed out to me that I was single handedly increasing my tent humidity with my constant spraying.

I seriously just CBF’ed. I know I prolly should, but the bottom line is I prolly should do a lot of things, so I’ll add it to the list! Lollinggg!

20200909_174819.jpg
I split one of mine and I learned you can fix it with tape! It grows quite thick, GGD calls them knuckles. He gets upset excited about them. I’m not sure why tbh.

What bit me in the butt is having dogs and being outdoors a lot - I normally dust the tops of each plants soil with sulfur and that usually wards the mites off. But I ran out a while back and forgot to reorder so the mites got a huge foothold before I ever noticed them. They were line dancing on one side while the others were doing the Macarena.

I grabbed the wrong bag and hit my mite infested mother with a heavy dose of silicone dioxide and watered it in which BTW I thought it was the bag of DE. So it’s no wonder she died.... poor gir! Luckily I still have 2 of her daughters going strong.

I had aphids on my tomato plants earlier this year.
I used my water hose 3 mornings in a row and hosed off every leaf top and bottom.
The lady bugs kept them in check after that .
I was blessed and got them before they grew big enough to even make it near the plant... Im one of those girls who literally sticks her face in the plant everyday. I know every leaf and every branch.. Priscilla took a hit but as a whole shelly is doing good. (Omg im awful i name branches as well)
I saw those fuckers when they just learned to walk. Toddler bitchasses thinkin they were runnin the show.

What bit me in the butt is having dogs and being outdoors a lot - I normally dust the tops of each plants soil with sulfur and that usually wards the mites off. But I ran out a while back and forgot to reorder so the mites got a huge foothold before I ever noticed them. They were line dancing on one side while the others were doing the Macarena.

I grabbed the wrong bag and hit my mite infested mother with a heavy dose of silicone dioxide and watered it in which BTW I thought it was the bag of DE. So it’s no wonder she died.... poor gir! Luckily I still have 2 of her daughters going strong.
And here i thought i was murpheys law that had to be a kick to the nads...

I felt like such as dumbass.... it was sad! That’s cool, nice names you’ve given there Midwest. As a dude it’s my duty to pick boring utilitarian names, else they will revoke my man card so I hear, anyway my last girls were 2, 4 and 6. Loved them all but names were given for the number of limbs that I let them keep. It was a fun experiment but IIRC the yields averaged out pretty even.

Back
Top Bottom