Tranquilgreen - Hydro & Soil - First Grow Journal

Subscribed Tranquilgreen, your off to a great start. Congratulations. :high-five:

I'm a 70's hippie as well, hair down to my a$$ and a sweet flower child girl friend that looked a lot like your Avatar. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm slowly getting well but all my energy goes into checking the plants before I fall back into bed to cough my lungs out.

I made up a couple gallon jugs of my well water and some pH down to get it where I need it. Those plants in the DWC looking better and same with the ones I saved from the wet soil. No White Widows popping up yet. I'll take more pics in a few days.

How do you take those pictures while your LED is running? How do you get rid of the purple color?

If you have a point-and-shoot or a DSLR camera, it should have a white balance function. If you have the option for "Custom White Balance," choose it. It should ask you to choose a photo to set the white balance. Choose a photo taken under LED light and it'll adjust accordingly. At least, that's how it worked with my Canon Rebel.

If you are taking photos with your camera, then you may have to adjust the white balance with an app. Ultradan suggested the "Adobe Lightroom App" in another thread: MisterMister's First Grow

Hope that helps.

If you are taking photos with your camera, then you may have to adjust the white balance with an app.

I meant, "phone" and not "camera." Whoops. Oh, and count me in! :popcorn:

Happy Growing!

Last nights readings
Measured 80% at 77 F. 6.01 pH

This mornings readings
10 am measured 56% at 77 F. and 6.02 pH
Did not adjust humidity, rather put a pan of water in the tent and I hope this works better than raising the humidity with the humidifier.
77 F.
I adjusted the pH to 5.8
EC at .30 ppm

Gave the DWC some CalMag and a bit of grow nutes before the readings.

Everyone looks happy. No seeds sprouted from the soil yet.

Next time I take pictures with my camera I will adjust white balance.

Thanks everyone for your attention to my grow. It has been very helpful and I appreciate it. :thanks:

I was at the Cannabis Cup on Sunday and walked my feet to the bone. :laughtwo: Yes, you are right about the humidity for young plants. Leafly is a great reference.

====....====....====

I've got a great idea... :idea: I will use my sheep troughs for my new SWICK system! Lots 'o perlite can go in those babies. :oops:

:biglaugh:

Ok I took some pictures with some white balance issues. Had to do a bit of adjusting in Photoshop.

The only original seed that has survived was the white widow and I think, even with damage, she survived when the others could not. In the DWC I have two Pineapple Chunks, the poor but tough WW and lastly the huge Chocolate Kush. You can tell the CK is indica, she is putting out the roots and growth even though she was very slow to start she's trying to be a bush.

I got my pH working for me now even though the DWC was reading 5.3 I let it go for a bit because it's due for a dump and a refill tomorrow.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. The camera is new and I don't know much about the settings yet, or the lens.

Soon I will be putting in my SWICK system once the newest infants start putting on the grow. Anyway, here is what is happening in my tent.

One lonely side of my tent...
019463.JPG

The other lonely side of my tent...
021421.JPG

This is probably the best thing I have gotten for my grow.
016644.JPG

017581.JPG

018527.JPG

And this...
015694.JPG

This Chocolate Kush kicked it into gear.
0091300.JPG

0101189.JPG

And one of my two Pineapple Chunks.
012929.JPG

And finally the Sour Diesel I somehow brought back from damping off. Still not sure she's gonna make it.
014768.JPG

Yesterday I got busy and started up some garden seeds for the outdoor garden. Figured I had the room and it would save me some money. So far all I have is dirt to look at but I am patient.

The DWC ladies all look like they grew even more overnight. I am excited. Now my job is to figure out my camera for the white balance issue.

What a great day it is 420 folks!

Thanks Witty, and I hope so for the Sour Diesel. She looks even better today, stem looks stronger and though it might be my imagination but her leaves look a bit lifted.

Changed out the DWC water. Added fish fert., Superthrive and a little bit of CalMag.

DWC
pH 5.8
EC .5
Temp 73

Put in a bucket of water to try to raise the RH Right now it's around 51%
Tent temp is 76

Things are looking good. :morenutes:

Thanks Witty, and I hope so for the Sour Diesel. She looks even better today, stem looks stronger and though it might be my imagination but her leaves look a bit lifted.

Changed out the DWC water. Added fish fert., Superthrive and a little bit of CalMag.

DWC

pH 5.8
EC .5
Temp 73

Put in a bucket of water to try to raise the RH Right now it's around 51%
Tent temp is 76

Things are looking good. :morenutes:

That's awesome! I had no doubts that she would recovery. Just because you put so much working to her health she's going to repay you handsomely.

Here are my newest photos for the week.
The first one speaks for itself. :)
0022293.JPG

This is my poor Sour Diesel, it just keeps alive, barely. Either it's growing roots or it is severely confused. Any ideas?
035184.JPG

034183.JPG

031223.JPG

032209.JPG

Details for the tent.
0027100.JPG

pH in the DWC
0024100.JPG

EC in the DWC I'm not sure how to read this. Is it 1000 ppm? If so I will need to lower this.
0025101.JPG

Temp in the DWC
0026100.JPG

The WW on the bottom right is just now starting to put on root mass.
036170.JPG

037171.JPG

The group photo. The Cannatonic is actually a Quintonic
038165.JPG

The Chocolate Kush has been scenting the grow tent and the room for two weeks now! Is this possible? I was outside a few days ago right below the window and even smelled her perfume. I think she will be a huge bush but will be restricted by the small DWC. Any ideas of what I could do to her to keep her from tipping over the container? :)

Please, anyone who sees something I might do to help my plants along don't be shy to give me a nudge in the right direction!

so how are you liking dwc so far I like to hand water my plants that's one of the reasons I went with organic soil and I just love that earthy goodness :drool: and those were a lot of seedlings are you planning on growing them all indoors I think I remember you saying you were grow outdoors as well

Thanks Whitty, yeah that Sour Diesel hasn't done much but earlier she was over-watered and had fallen over. I bet her roots are trying to cooperate as best they can. At least she is alive. The soil is organic with the typical amendments and though in the picture it looks as if the soil is wet, it's because I just watered the seedlings after several dry days.

db I love the DWC but I also enjoy soil growing. I plan on putting some organic soil grown plants in a SWICK arrangement soon. The seedlings I have growing now may be put outside, I'm just not sure. A friend gave me the seeds and they are straight run so I am not sure if there are any males. I may take the tops and flower them first before I decide. For all I know they are all male and will merely go into the compost pile before pollen appears.

After I get the four out of the DWC I intend to go all organic soil. I just needed to try it. My waters pH is so high I thought it would be best for the plants to be in water that I can adjust. Now I read that good organic soil will help stabilize pH. We shall see.

I am crazy for growing different varieties, especially the ones with medicinal purpose. I have more seeds coming. :) Y Griega, Jack La Mota, Purple Trainwreck, Cherry Bomb, Green Crack, AK Auto, and Northern Lights Auto.

:cheer::green_heart::cheer:

Howdy Tranquilgreen,
I've never done DWC, but I had an idea that might help w/unruly bushes and make res change easier. Drill 4 small holes in top of DWC @ cardinal points. Double-up 4 pieces of twine (long enough to reach ceiling/roof of tent) and feed through holes individually. You would then essentially hang the entire top piece of DWC from roof of tent and the 4 hangers would 2nd as trellis. To change res, just swing it out a bit, put root mass in empty drip bucket, clean res and reverse the process, sliding the drip bucket out when done. You may need to tweak height of hang to find what works best.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom