Trichome advice

spunkmeyer

Dear all.

I hope everyone is okay.

I have a Seedsman WW about week 8 flower.

I am keeping an eye on the trichs but as it's my first grow, I wanted a second opinion.

Are these trichs cloudy?

Thanks in advance Spunkmeyer

20161127_131053.jpg

Dear all.

I hope everyone is okay.

I have a Seedsman WW about week 8 flower.

I am keeping an eye on the trichs but as it's my first grow, I wanted a second opinion.

Are these trichs cloudy?

Thanks in advance Spunkmeyer

20161127_131053.jpg
Looks clear to me one looks like its getting a little cloudy. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks more? How many weeks is the breeders harvest estimate. And was that from flip or first pistils

"carpe diem"

The breeder says 8 weeks but from what I have found online the best is 10 weeks to leave her. Mine screwed up just after flowering which delayed her hugely so now I am not so sure on how long she has left. The pistils are turning slowly. Mostly still white and perky.

Thanks for the reassurace.

Could just be me but if I harvest when the tric's are cloudy it seems like the smoke is great but yield suffers. If I let it run until the Tric's are amber mostly then it has had time for the nugs to swell and yield is better. Different smoke effect. Neither is better just different...

Just something to think on...

:peace:

FE

Not all flowers turn amber. I try to go by the overall look of them. That last couple of weeks can make a big difference in bulk/density/yield, as well as appearance, flavor and potency.

You can also do a selective harvest - unless you need to turn the space over quickly.
Chop the buds that are "done". Leave all the rest and take them as they become ready. Doing this also helps you learn the prime harvest window for those particular strains.

Definitely needs a week or two to get couch lock type smoke. It all depends what you are looking for. 30 to 50% amber colored is recommended i usually let her go til about 60 to 75% amber

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

Thanks for the advice. I think I will start harvesting the riper ones as Major Pita said. They feel heavy and thick and are turning amber more quickly than the bigger top branch ones.

I won't start snipping until I see some amber trichs which at the moment I still havnt found.

I have just started with ph'd water only but am a bit concerned as the leaves are quite beat up already. Yellowing and crimping in places. There is still a good number of healthy green ones but I wonder how she will react to no bloom nutes now.

Thanks for the help one and all

I woke up this morning to quite a big change in the overall pistils. They are still dominantly white but are now curling back on themselves rather than sticking straight out.

The frostiness is that is a word, is getting visibly more by the day! Today they look like they are covered in Ice.

I will take some pics in about an hour.

Spunk. :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So here they are today. I will snip a bit to check trichs but the pistils are definitely turning in

Sent from my SM-N920C using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom