Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Yeah must be nice to have the buckets on auto pilot. The little plants are really getting big!

Yeah must be nice to have the buckets on auto pilot. The little plants are really getting big!

Definitely. It's been a ton of fun watching all the different sized plants I've managed to grow in them.
Although I just had my mind blown last night. Modularhydro,com air injection technology. Looks to be a game changer for me, spent most of the wee hours redesigning a couple bucket setups.

Definitely. It's been a ton of fun watching all the different sized plants I've managed to grow in them.
Although I just had my mind blown last night. Modularhydro,com air injection technology. Looks to be a game changer for me, spent most of the wee hours redesigning a couple bucket setups.
I'll be interested to see your setup when finished..... Love to see new innovative ideas..

For me it's all about making a low maintenance growing machine that anyone could use. This new system fits all my check boxes, it's capable of dealing with power outages, uses minimal amounts of water, allows the use of full organics, keeps you in a cheap medium (dirt).
just flat out :theband: for what I'm trying to do.
Now if I can figure out a way to put it on a recirculating loop with a chiller I'll feel like my root zone is completely taken care of. Just not sure how best to keep the dirt out of the recirculating water without interfering with the soil aeration.

I'm super excited to apply this to a clip n flip bucket. Irrigation failures on my end have handicapped everything I've grown to some degree this should help take me out of the equation.

For me it's all about making a low maintenance growing machine that anyone could use. This new system fits all my check boxes, it's capable of dealing with power outages, uses minimal amounts of water, allows the use of full organics, keeps you in a cheap medium (dirt).
just flat out :theband: for what I'm trying to do.
Now if I can figure out a way to put it on a recirculating loop with a chiller I'll feel like my root zone is completely taken care of. Just not sure how best to keep the dirt out of the recirculating water without interfering with the soil aeration.

I'm super excited to apply this to a clip n flip bucket. Irrigation failures on my end have handicapped everything I've grown to some degree this should help take me out of the equation.
I'm very interested......sounds like a cool build.....Hope you document a lot.....

I would think some kind of weed mat barrier would be a good way to separate the water and soil....breathes, lets moisture through, and will stop most small particles.

My initial thought went back to the stacked buckets. Make an under current knock off. Use a fabric pot as a liner in the top bucket. Recirculate the water in the bottom. But I'm not sure how much vertical exchange I would get without adding another bubbler in the bottom bucket which means more$ to build which hurts ROI and bigger pumps that increases production cost and requires a bigger UPS for an extended power outage.

I think a fabric liner in a single bucket using a recirculating top feed would be the cheapest. To "water" the plants you increase the airflow and it pushes the water level higher in the medium refreshing the air capacity of the medium and solution. I'm not sure if a top feed would interfere with that. Or if it would possibly reduce/eliminate the need for that as it would constantly be cycling the upper portion of medium. I plan to use a two pump system to be able to automate the watering cycle. And provide limited redundancy/manual irrigation abilities in the event of a pump or control failure.

I'll share as much as people are willing to absorb.:thumb: I'll definitely be doing a standalone write-up for an emergency led board UPS but I have to get parts first lol so it will likely be awhile.

Turbo-tastic! Mr mad scientist over here. Not sure exactly what your saying, but I know coming from you it's probably a great idea. Go for it!

Pics or it didn't happen.... ;)

Ok, it may have happened, but these guys won't believe it.... :laugh:

Pics or it didn't happen.... ;)

You know it!

Whackem buddy! Happy chopping

My chop day is much less climactic than some. I'll lop em off with the pruners today before lights out and let them hang for a day in the room with lights on. Then a couple days in the dark. By Friday night they "should" be ready to get trimmed up and go into jars with hygrometers to be burped for the next while.

My buddy does the hang with the lights on also. Supposed to use up chlorophyll from the leaves? Or something like that?

Girls are hanging. They all had great big wads of roots down in the basins. Still not super excited about them but they seem ok.

Diesel Auto 2 by Royal Queen Seeds

Diesel Auto 1

Kush Auto 2 by Seedsman

Afghan Kush Ryder by World of Seeds

Been toking on the recently dried kush 1. :bongrip:
Even without a cure it's pretty good.
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom