Two Chocolope Plants Under Two Eshine LED Panels in Hydro

Wow she seems to have quite a bit of Amber on her now, could it be she matured faster? Given that will she be left for the 10wks?

It does look like it will be done sooner by looking at the trichomes. Not sure when I will pull it yet concerned about reduction in yield due to finishing early. Although that being said it looks great compared to previous grows much healthier than ever before and extra frosty

I have looked a lot more it seems mostly leaf trichomes are amber or purple bud ones still look cloudy white
image17320.jpg

Ottawa I think we both know these girls really like being all tied up;).

Haha! I might try scrog one day. They are untied right now though-one of the benefits of LED seems to be string thick stems... Thicker than hps was

@ottawa
SCROG would be awesome to do one day, but I would need a place where I could deal with run-off and everything. For now that is out of my capabilities. If you have the space I would do it for sure! Though without it you've created a super even canopy, damn. Those girls are looking super tasty, respect to you!

I would guess that in the last week the colas have grown at least 15% bigger. Two weeks to go :)
I have been flirting with the edge of over fertilizing with light brown tips on the edges of my leaves. I was trying to keep my plant green and avoid the usual yellow looking plant leaves in bloom. Seem to do pretty good but decided that the brown was getting more prevalent so cut back on the nutrients and immediate yellowing of lower fan leaves as usual. At least there is two weeks to go and they are only slightly yellow that is pretty impressive to me- of the 10 weeks these plants of been in bloom for eight weeks and they're still mostly green.

My question for discussion is which do you think is better a little bit of nutrient burn on the tips or the usuall yellow fan leaves through the last half of loom? This does not take into account a good Flushing of course I intend to do a standard 7 day flush also using floraclean as an additive to aid in the taste optimization.

image17399.jpg
image17401.jpg
image17402.jpg
image17404.jpg

I have no experience with Hydro, but there are organic growers that SWEAR the yellowing is a waste of time. The claim is keeping them healthy and green till harvest results in better yield, which does make sense in its own light. The majority of growers I know though stop feeding to flush out the nutes, and cause wasting the food on a plant almost ready for harvest doesn't make sense. My opinion, if you're gonna do a 7 day flush anyways, I would keep them healthy till then. Looking awesome by the way:)

So here we are with 10 days or less left in this grow. The plants are doing something interesting that I have not seen them do before. Could be the lower temperatures, I am hitting a low of 16.7°C at night in the basement it used to be warmer with the HPS.
Could be the new addition of UVB I have never used uvb before. Could be the switch to 11 band LED I have never grown with led before.

The upper sugar and fan leaves are turning slightly purple on the top buds only.
I had already backed off the nutrients as I was starting to get burned tips I don't think this is nutrient burn. Probably the UV. Plan seems to be healthy and trichomes look great. Trichomes were already turning purple on the leaves before so it is carrying on. I'm still seems very healthy and has nice thickening buds.

image17454.jpg
image17453.jpg
image17452.jpg

Back
Top Bottom