Undercurrent/Aeroponics Super System Advanced LED 800W Scrog - HGK - Chemdawg

Canna sent me here and im impressed. So im taking a seat and learning the ways of hydro. Hey he said your plants root mass be incredible. Are there tricks to the traid to get them so massive just with in 4 weeks of veg? Im running a RDWC 4 site system with a 110L air pump, H&G roots etc. IDK what im missing. Plants are very healthy indeed but the root mass isnt how I would like it to be. My guess would be since they were in coco the roots were circling instead of going into the res so I just redid the medium. Now im using these rubber chunks so hopefully that works out alot better.

hey wizhigh, glad you came by.:)

my last grow i started with roots excel and orca together as supplements , i feel the aeroponics sprayer and the water chiller has alot to do with excelerated growth.
couple questions about your system, do you enrich with co2? if you do you want to make sure your airpumps draw outside air. pushing high levels of co2 through the water will push oxygen out.
do you have a chiller? maintaining 66-68f water temps ensures massive oxygen holding capabilities for the water.

the vortex sprayer i'm using super charges oxygen level more than air stones i believe.

glad to have you along for the journey mate

:Namaste:

That's something I did not know about air pumps. I just looked at your pic of the airpump and we have the same pump. Also I did not know that connection for 1/2" tubing was there for the purpose of drawing in fresh air from outside. Im running out to the store right now to buy some more 1/2" tube. I would give reps but they wont let me :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm just as siked as you are about your grow. What's the plastic bin for that sits on the shelf or dresser? Is that waste water from RO? And are you going to be running a separate res for nutes to be distributed evenly?

That's something I did not know about air pumps. I just looked at your pic of the airpump and we have the same pump. Also I did not know that connection for 1/2" tubing was there for the purpose of drawing in fresh air from outside. Im running out to the store right now to buy some more 1/2" tube. I would give reps but they wont let me :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm just as siked as you are about your grow. What's the plastic bin for that sits on the shelf or dresser? Is that waste water from RO? And are you going to be running a separate res for nutes to be distributed evenly?

That's the top off res that fills the system automatically through a float valve in the epicenter, as the plants drink water level lowers and float valve fills maintaining the same water level all the time. 1/2" might be to big if you have the same pump as me, I would take the cover with you to size out.

Glad to help anyway I can:)

Thats pretty neat. Only thing your missing is the automated nute and PH feeder. I want to check out your lights again. I wanted a LED side light for another single DWC bucket. Ive been wanting to go LED but could never settle with the right lamp since its hard to tell which one is the better value/product.

I bought the 5/8x1/2" tube. It fits like a charm. I think you have the 70L, I have the 110L so it worked out pretty well. Drilled a hole threw the grow room door and fed it threw so all is well. Im amped about future results. Thanks to you.

Thats pretty neat. Only thing your missing is the automated nute and PH feeder. I want to check out your lights again. I wanted a LED side light for another single DWC bucket. Ive been wanting to go LED but could never settle with the right lamp since its hard to tell which one is the better value/product.

I bought the 5/8x1/2" tube. It fits like a charm. I think you have the 70L, I have the 110L so it worked out pretty well. Drilled a hole threw the grow room door and fed it threw so all is well. Im amped about future results. Thanks to you.

i'm going to start mounting light hangers and getting rest of the stuff set up this weekend. added some bleach to the system today going to run it for a day then start flushing. should have pics of the lights and everything by next week.

i'm glad to be of help to you:)

How much bleach do you add per gallon? I also run bleach at maybe 5ml per 5 gallons. Some times I run it with my nutes during a half flush. Oh I may have missed it what nute line are you using? Also have you used the great white mycc? Is there a difference between the liquid form and the powder since the powder is water soluble?

Im asking cause I know with in 24-48hrs all mycorrhizae dies out if they dont come in contact with roots

How much bleach do you add per gallon? I also run bleach at maybe 5ml per 5 gallons. Some times I run it with my nutes during a half flush. Oh I may have missed it what nute line are you using? Also have you used the great white mycc? Is there a difference between the liquid form and the powder since the powder is water soluble?

Im asking cause I know with in 24-48hrs all mycorrhizae dies out if they dont come in contact with roots

not sure exactlly on the bleach, i just put in a splash or two in the 40 gallons in the system. i will do several flushes of the system afterward. yes i've used great white and liked it. i got orca last time i bought some cause my hydro store guy said it works great and is easy to use in hydro. i looked on the plant success web site and found that great white has more stuff in it.
i run the Heavy 16 line, and i havent decided on what bloom boosters i'm going to use, either blue planets or advanced's. heavy 16 bases are super stable and really clean.

Ive never heard of heavy 16 before. I may have to do some research. Ive been using great white and I love the stuff as well. I run alot of nute lines all together as one. I pretty much manage to try out alot of other nutes and just pick the best product from each company. Like from AN I only use there Voodoo juice, bud candy, rhino skin. GH I use there Bio Root, Kool Bloom liquid and Dry (Which is compared to H&G Shooting Powder) BPN I have the whole High Yield Feeding system 2part. I mainly use there Base nutes and Seaweed. And last I use H&G roots and amino acids. I think Ill be going all H&G if I like there hydro line which I spoke with them yesterday and they actually are going to send me there whole hydro line for me to try out which is pretty cool. So just like you im still looking for the better bloom line up.

Oh I think I just invented a DIY chiller. I took a 5 gallon bucket filled it with freezing cold water, then I added 6 ice packs. Fed a airline threw the lid with a air stone and sealed the top on tightly. Home D has those leak proof buckets which are perfect. Any who I guess the pressure etc keeps the water colder along with the ice packs and turns it self into a little freezer. I hooked it up to the main res to allow the water to recirculate threw that and back into the system and just let it do its thing. Water temps were at 40 in the chiller but 50-55 in the main res. Been like this for 3 hours now :)

i would love to set up something like this but i only have a small space so will just have to make do with what i have now.

Definitely understand where you coming from as well. TM420. I went from a little corner to making room in my closet to moving into a single room for my grow. And I still dont have it set up and running the way I would really like. Stay focused! :thumb:

Ive never heard of heavy 16 before. I may have to do some research. Ive been using great white and I love the stuff as well. I run alot of nute lines all together as one. I pretty much manage to try out alot of other nutes and just pick the best product from each company. Like from AN I only use there Voodoo juice, bud candy, rhino skin. GH I use there Bio Root, Kool Bloom liquid and Dry (Which is compared to H&G Shooting Powder) BPN I have the whole High Yield Feeding system 2part. I mainly use there Base nutes and Seaweed. And last I use H&G roots and amino acids. I think Ill be going all H&G if I like there hydro line which I spoke with them yesterday and they actually are going to send me there whole hydro line for me to try out which is pretty cool. So just like you im still looking for the better bloom line up.

Oh I think I just invented a DIY chiller. I took a 5 gallon bucket filled it with freezing cold water, then I added 6 ice packs. Fed a airline threw the lid with a air stone and sealed the top on tightly. Home D has those leak proof buckets which are perfect. Any who I guess the pressure etc keeps the water colder along with the ice packs and turns it self into a little freezer. I hooked it up to the main res to allow the water to recirculate threw that and back into the system and just let it do its thing. Water temps were at 40 in the chiller but 50-55 in the main res. Been like this for 3 hours now :)

Definitely understand where you coming from as well. TM420. I went from a little corner to making room in my closet to moving into a single room for my grow. And I still dont have it set up and running the way I would really like. Stay focused! :thumb:

congrats on the diy chiller, i'm a commercial refrigeration service tech so i have to have more control over my temps , but being able to cool res without having to buy a chiller will sure work in a pinch.

the upgrades do come and set ups do get expanded , man its alot fun:)
and alot of work but well worth it.

got the float valve adjusted properly , going to start flushing the system, and germanating the seeds tonight . got light brackets hung and will be working as much as i can on the room this weekend.

thanks for stopping in everyone

here's some more pics i took today. seeds are in the propagator pro. system is going through first of several rinse cycles.

IMG_17428.JPG

IMG_174112.JPG

IMG_173810.JPG

IMG_17376.JPG

IMG_17369.JPG

IMG_174010.JPG

IMG_173910.JPG

How does that diamond 200w LED work out, what's the max coverage for it to do good?

i dont know about max coverage but i think their listed core coverage is accurate. that 2.5 x 3 ft.

Advanced led's new XML series lights are hot shit . super impressed with mine.:)

i harvested 8 ounces off of one plant using 1 ds200 and 1 ds100 . the lights are truely full spectrum , well built and customer service is awesome:)

Back
Top Bottom