Uneven growth in hydro system

These are the roots before the Z9:

These are the roots after the Z9:

Can you see a difference??
They have definitely grown the roots could b that colour because of the colour of the mix. There r a few dark colour ones coming out of the net pot that look a little suspicious In saying that I have seen 6 root balls from RDWC in person. Do they smell. It should smell like earthy even though there is no dirt.

It does smell a bit earthy in the rez, I'll have to sniff the root balls, LOL

Should I add more Z9 to the rez after awhile, or only at nutes change?

So I Should add more Z9 now then Pennywise?

Should I add the same 14ml of part one and 14ml of part 2 like I did when I changed the rez?

Checked the pH this morning, it actually went up to 6.4.
I'm amazed, it looks like things are going to be OK now.
PPM's are down from 380 to 350 @ 23 degrees C.

Just in time, I think I need to flip them into flower soon, they are getting too big.

The pH is sitting stable at 6.5, I'm wondering if it would be foolish to mess with it by slightly lowering it with pH down.
what do you think?

I can't believe I'm even entertaining the idea of lowering the pH after all of this, lol.

The pH is sitting stable at 6.5, I'm wondering if it would be foolish to mess with it by slightly lowering it with pH down.
what do you think?

I can't believe I'm even entertaining the idea of lowering the pH after all of this, lol.
If it was me I would try to lower it. I like 5.8 /5.9 in veg. Check the chart c what it says. Ph is rising ppms r falling what’s the water level doing??

The ppm's are falling and the water level is falling, the pH is staying the same at around 4.5.
According to the chart this is a good thing, I'll just drop the pH down a bit when I get up tomorrow, that way I'll be totally sure the pH is holding now for sure :)

Watch them for what? Signs of deficiency?

I'm about to flip them to flower, I just bought a 600W HPS light, I'm gonna take the little 450W Viparspectra LED light out and put it in my veg tent, and put the HPS light in with my 900W Viparspectra for flowering.

I'm about to flip them to flower, I just bought a 600W HPS light, I'm gonna take the little 450W Viparspectra LED light out and put it in my veg tent, and put the HPS light in with my 900W Viparspectra for flowering.
Yes deficiencies I know people with higher ppms coming out of the tap. The chart says bump ec this is to make the mix more acidic in turn lowering the ph without using ph down. This is where you will start to learn balance in the system. If your plants r good just use the ph down until u feel the ph is stable. If you choose to try this start real small. I think you said full strength was 1000 ppm?? If this is the case try raising 50 or 100 ppm. My new plants r flipped at 4 weeks 14 inches tall and I am running at 700 ppm(full strength for me is 1000 to 1400 ppm). They look perfect. I will not mess with this until I switch to bloom food. I am at perfect balance between water/nutrient up take to the plant at this stage of growth My ph is good it hardly moves. This is my magic number right now. Yours will be different due to lighting,nutrient line up,ambient temp,res temp pretty much everything. I flipped mine on Sunday. As the plants grow this number will change.

My PPM's are low, only 400, I'll add some more nutes and that should balance things out I hope.
Thanks for yer advice, glad your grow is going well!

Yes deficiencies I know people with higher ppms coming out of the tap. The chart says bump ec this is to make the mix more acidic in turn lowering the ph without using ph down. This is where you will start to learn balance in the system. If your plants r good just use the ph down until u feel the ph is stable. If you choose to try this start real small. I think you said full strength was 1000 ppm?? If this is the case try raising 50 or 100 ppm. My new plants r flipped at 4 weeks 14 inches tall and I am running at 700 ppm(full strength for me is 1000 to 1400 ppm). They look perfect. I will not mess with this until I switch to bloom food. I am at perfect balance between water/nutrient up take to the plant at this stage of growth My ph is good it hardly moves. This is my magic number right now. Yours will be different due to lighting,nutrient line up,ambient temp,res temp pretty much everything. I flipped mine on Sunday. As the plants grow this number will change.

i love HID it not cheap to run but if you can control the environment it’s very reliable. I maybe just old school but HID works and has worked very well for many years in my environment. I will convert 50/50. In veg I have a 8 bank LED or a 400 watt HID or 6400 k tubs. I do led in summer and hid in winter. Tubs for cloning. My new space will have a led and hps in flower as well.

By the end of this grow, I'll be back in the groove, I'm basically relearning tons of stuff I've forgotten since I grew last.

I can tell I need more light, my large green crack is getting kinda floppy on a couple outer stems that aren't getting enough light.
I'm hoping the strengthen up before laden with heavy buds, they haven't even started to stretch yet and they are stretching, lol.

My main battle will be with heat when running the HPS light, but really, there is only a couple more weeks to summer, then fall and lower temps will be here again.

Start small no more than 100 then let it sit for an hr if the ph does not move add ph down. Baby steps r needed here to learn. It took me almost two months to figure this step out.
And honestly user beware this I can only say for sure this happens in my system being new at this. I hope it is the same for you and not anything else. Half strength nutrient is not going to harm the plants anyways. Baby steps good luck

By the end of this grow, I'll be back in the groove, I'm basically relearning tons of stuff I've forgotten since I grew last.

I can tell I need more light, my large green crack is getting kinda floppy on a couple outer stems that aren't getting enough light.
I'm hoping the strengthen up before laden with heavy buds, they haven't even started to stretch yet and they are stretching, lol.

My main battle will be with heat when running the HPS light, but really, there is only a couple more weeks to summer, then fall and lower temps will be here again.
I just ordered green Crack and lambs breath from cks. I smoked lambs breath in the 90s and honestly I remembered it as soon as I saw it on the list. They only have it in autos this is upsetting

Back
Top Bottom