Uneven growth in hydro system

By the end of this grow, I'll be back in the groove, I'm basically relearning tons of stuff I've forgotten since I grew last.

I can tell I need more light, my large green crack is getting kinda floppy on a couple outer stems that aren't getting enough light.
I'm hoping the strengthen up before laden with heavy buds, they haven't even started to stretch yet and they are stretching, lol.

My main battle will be with heat when running the HPS light, but really, there is only a couple more weeks to summer, then fall and lower temps will be here again.
You will get it everyone’s grow is different due to a million factors. I am loving the RDWC it’s been a serious wake up call for me. I was so lazy before lol.

Yeah, the soil plants seem so easy compared to the hydro, but the hydro plants are far larger than the ones in soil.
I want to build a bunch of different hydro systems now, lol

I flipped to flower yesterday, and added some of that dreaded Flora Bloom because the pH was too high, at 6.6.
After adding it, the pH dropped to 5.8, and all seemed stable all day yesterday.
This morning, the pH was down to 5.1 again.

It's got to be that flora bloom causing the issues. I've added pH up, now it's at 6.0.

I hope it isn't gonna keep falling again after I finally got it stable.

Actually they're fine, it's just the plants are growing very fast and new growth will be lighter in color. If you watch then once the new tops grow out they will turn a more normal green.

These are my non-feminized Harlequins and Skunk candy, do you think they are boys or girls?
Too early to tell?
The feminized plants are in the hydro, and larger, and I can see pistils starting in the tops, but not in the non-feminized plants in soil yet.
No hairs anywhere on either plants yet, only 2nd day in flower :)

My HPS light just arrived, and I just installed it.
The Skunk Candy are going to be very happy now :)

Now I have a 600W HPS light on one side, and a 900W Viparspectra LED light on the other side.

Those green crack plants on the far right are already stretching, and I had to train a couple of them down, which is why a couple look floppy.

I've got the HPS light at 20" from the top of the plants.

They are looking good so far. I only single topped the ones in soil and LST'd them.

I am concerned about the heat as well, in fact, a few weeks ago there was NO way I could run a MH light during veg, so thank God for the LED lights.

Today was only 73 degrees F in the grow room, it's much cooler outside than it has been, so hopefully the weather will calm down now into the rest of this flower :)

It's 77 degrees in there now that this light is on, and the temp outside is climbing, so I have to keep everything well ventilated.

Back
Top Bottom