Using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix For Autoflower - Need Advice

420-magazine-mobile645051885.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1308804483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile447548776.jpg

All right fellas. They germinated and I have 2 planted in the MG seed starting mix with 20% perlite I put some rock at the bottom as well. My concern now is how much I should water. I made sure to completely wet the soil before planting now I have been using a misting bottle. I have only listed several times on the top layer. Those lights are just temporary. I have a 600w LED grow light on the way. What can I do to improve my environment? Also my PH is a 7.5 according to my meter. Do you think it is accurate? Thanks for the feedback guys

Looks nice! You can get those lights a LOT closer--inches. Back of the hand test.

Take that meter thang and throw it as far away as you can. ;) (The pH values they give are worse than worthless.)

This cheap pH meter is what you need. (Protect the fragile glass tip and always keep it wet, ideally with calibration solution.)

20171212_205221.JPG

Get and use this calibration solution too.

20171212_205312.JPG

And better get a PPM meter while you're at it:

20171212_205352.JPG

My concern now is how much I should water.

Cannabis doesn't like wet feet, but err on the side of keeping the soil a little moist with seedlings. You can even put a humidity dome of some kind over them for a week or so. (Clear plastic)

After they get established, let the soil dry out about knuckle deep. You want some air to get to the roots and not to have it swampy. You'll get a feel for it after a while.

Okay cool. So I'm good to mist the top and go to bed? I'm in cst. I will wake up around 7 and can mist them again? I don't want to mess up I need these babies to flourish

Full summer sun can hit 100,000+ lumens. That's a lot better than most lights. ;)
Just keep an eye on them so they don't get too much of a good thing, and make sure they have enough water.

Should I keep misting the top every 4-5 hours and monitor the moisture at the bottom of the bucket using the meter? I don't want to over water, but on the the flip side I don't want to underwater. It will get about 87-90 degrees out today

It is warming up quickly and the soil is definitely drying out. Should I mist all day or eventually pour water out of the bottle to get it more water. I know it's a silly question, however this is my first time growing ANY plant haha.

Yea I'm only using it to test the moisture. Is it okay for that?

Maybe it can help you to understand moisture levels deeper in the soil? That might be of help. Your eyes, fingers, and memory of the watering history are probably going to be a lot more useful.

The main thing is to ignore the pH reading. Those combo meters are worse than useless for pH, they're downright misleading.

Yea not to worried about Ph. I just want to make sure I'm not over watering her. I'm just misting the top of the soil. I haven't watered since the initial planting. Only misting the top every 4-5 hours. It's 89 degrees outside

Yea not to worried about Ph. I just want to make sure I'm not over watering her. I'm just misting the top of the soil. I haven't watered since the initial planting. Only misting the top every 4-5 hours. It's 89 degrees outside

It sounds like you are taking really good care of your plant. I'm sure it will reward you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom