Using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix For Autoflower - Need Advice

It's easy if you're on a computer. Click the "Gallery" tab at the top and select "Upload Photos" (or whatever).
Note that you don't have to fill in all the boxes. You can can just drag and drop your photos and click through the two screens.
Then to post photos from your gallery, you click the little camera icon in the Reply box.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I have a couple more things to do to my setup tomorrow then I will start germinating. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again so much.

What is RDWC? I'm sorry I do not know all of the grow acronyms hahaha

Study up! Man, there is SO much info out there these days... YouTube is great too.

"Recirculating Deep Water Culture"

I'm with SBC, hydro is what you want for maximum yield (or coco coir drain-to-waste), but a soil grow is easier for getting started.

Do you have a Link or direction on. DIY hydro set up? I'm can build anything if I see it. I have a 5ftx5ft grow box raised level with the top of my bucket so it gives about another 3 foot for the plant to grow so I have space to work with

Do you have a Link or direction on. DIY hydro set up?

May I make one more suggestion? If you're not going to go with soil, make your first grow a drain-to-waste coco coir grow in an air pot or a cloth bag. The technique has the advantages of hydro with non of the complexity (like pH stability). There's a link in my sig file to a simple coco grow with an autoflower. There's a lot more info at Nebula Haze's site (recommended) and on YouTube.

The MG seed starter mix is very light on nutes and very hard to get it to hold water. It's like dust and the water pours right through it without even touching most of it so you either have to water very slowly or water from the bottom to saturate it. You can use it through to harvest but I would recommend mixing in some perlite and peat moss or coco husk.

Woukd it be smart to add a layer of rock and sand at the bottom of the bucket before putting in the soil and perlite? P

Sometimes pea gravel breaks down in acid media. It depends on what the rock is, of course. I think that's really only a concern if you're using it for the support matrix for hydroponics.

Living in a glacial terminal moraine here, I don't have to go to the home center to find lots of little round rocks, but I use hydroton. ;)

You could just put half an inch or so of perlite. And if you have enough perlite in the soil, even that's really not necessary...

I wouldn't use pea gravel from there or any big box store. The washing process has acid on them. If you do decide to go that way, l would bathe the rocks in peroxide to clean them real well first. Just my opinion. I'd rather use rocks out of the yard than that.

Back
Top Bottom