Usual Coco Pots With A Twist Of NFT

Ye least ppl can see it thanks I just had quick look on your journal it's looking good your scrog looks very even should be in for nice yield

Well last night I had a call to say there might be some bud rot so I went to have a look and there was 6 plants that was a different strain ( I think critical 2.0 from Dinafem from seed) an they have the slightest bit of mould starting to come so I told him to chop them down
The rest of the plants look fine as the nugs are not as fat as the critical plants but I was informed there will be someone coming to the house next week that we can't risk them smelling it so even tho it's a good week early we must chop the rest
I will snap a few pics in the process

After a longgggggggg time trimming its all down in the net I gotta say blue cheese is shite to trim because its such a leafy plant but the quality seem top notch there was so much frost on the plant when we was trimming your gloves would look like someone sprinkled sugar all over The smell is pungent sweet smell
I will let you no the final weight when dry

IMG_012555.JPG
IMG_012750.JPG
IMG_012945.JPG
IMG_012849.JPG

Numbers are in
the 6 little plants that started to get rot was 10oz 7 gram
The 18 blue cheese 66oz and another oz of dust
Think it works out about 0.6gpw considering it had to come down 10 days early
Still lots of room to improve I think I could of got in another 3-4 plants to completely fill in the canopy or just vegged little longer , I need some new bulbs aswell , use a higher yielding strain , more pruning the bottom of the plants and not take them down early
I would like to scrog these plants but I don't think would be able to get in an water if I did

When I get chance I will update with the nft and other cuttings

Well it's been a while so thought I'd better show how things have been going
The cuttings haven't really grown as fast as I would of like but there getting flipped tomorrow so let's hope they stretch a bit
The Nft seems to be doing well the person who has been keeping an eye on them has let the water run dry 2 times and when I've checked the ec has been as high as 3.2 and the ph has been as low as 4.4 but there's only been a few yellowing leaves. They are now on day 14 an are budding well already but I wish I had vegged another week or used a strain that has more stretch but it's a first time trying nft and this strain so I can't complain to much
IMG_019953.JPG
IMG_020052.JPG
IMG_019843.JPG
IMG_019748.JPG

Coco Plants looking good so far I think I'm going to leaf strip half the room and lolly pop the other half then Ile see what works best for this strain I will get pics when I do this
The NFt plants had a lot of yellowing which I first thought was not enough nutes but after checking with my wand I new this was not the problem as the ec was still high at the same time I see the pump was not on so I checked the plug and the extension lead there plugged into had been pulled out the socket so they must be yellowing due to not being watered
IMG_021341.JPG
IMG_021456.JPG
IMG_021554.JPG

Update with few pics everything on the coco pots is looking good . I was going to lollypop half the plants and pluck the rest but I decided to thin out the lower branches and pluck most of the large leaves which after 2 hours and only half the plants done it really don't look like I touched em
The Nft plants had major yellowing so I decided to give them a little tlc and do a Rez change after about 3-4 days they look a bit greener an the dead leaves have been stripped
I'm not sure when I got pics if it was before I started stripping or after I also took half the pics through some sunglasses which shows how healthy they really look
I also tried to get a pic of 1 plant to show the size these are a lot bigger than I expected I do think they should of been in a bigger pot
IMG_025956.JPG
IMG_026058.JPG
IMG_026158.JPG
IMG_026262.JPG
IMG_026461.JPG
IMG_026355.JPG
IMG_026547.JPG
IMG_026658.JPG

Hey hey Scoobynew, hope you're good! Just found your grow journal and got myself caught up. I'm gonna pull up a seat and check out where this journal ends up, if that's all good with you :)!

Thanks for tagging along terp I will check out your grow when I get chance

Well I was thinking about giving up on this journal but now I have a handful of ppl reading lol I will keep everyone in the loop
I have a few of the cherry bomb seeds that are big enough to take some cuts from so I've decided to have a big change up I'm going to see how many cuttings I can take then try switching the whole room to nft but I will give them some more love this time, we shouldn't have kids if going to neglect them :rofl: I also managed to pick up a Gavita de light cheap off eBay. I'm really hoping it ups my yield as I heard so many good things about them
This is the plan Take cuts 10-14 days to root
When I see plenty roots I will place into larger rock wool cube maybe 3-4 days
When roots are showing in the bigger cubes I will place in a smaller nft until I think roots will start matting together and they look to big for the tent Maybe 14 days
Then that should take us up to harvest on the coco plants so I can then chop them an place the nft plants under all the lights for maybe 7 days or until they look big enough to flip

All the times I'm estimating so wish me luck

No worries Scoobynew, I just want to learn more and I enjoy looking at how other people grow. It's a good way to learn. Thanks, that would be appreciated if you wanted to check out my first attempt of a grow ;)!

Haha, don't give up my friend, it's pretty much only me and Cultivator in my journal, I feel your pain, haha! I wouldn't worry about it, I've had a couple others chime in, but not much conversation over on mine either. Definitely keep us in the loop pal!

Cheery bomb sounds nice, I look forward to seeing how they come out. Interested in seeing how a NFT system works too, that's when there is always a little stream of nutrients trickerling over the root system correct? Is that during lights off too? Exactly, why have kids if you're not going to look after them lol, good point! Sounds good, I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds :)!

Yes mate nft is nutrient film technique
The pump stays on through the night aswell it's simple really as long as water temps don't get high but I have a chiller if I can find it for the bigger room
I did like growing using dwc but after a few temp issues I decided It's just not consistent enough so I stick to coco or flood and drain
I had never used NFt before this journal but I read far to many journals and found one I was impressed with with the right strain the guy was pulling between 3-8 oz a plant when flowering a plant at around 8inches or about 2 weeks from seed which is a lot faster than I can do

I have no problems growing nice plants in any system it get pretty easy after a long time but I just can't hit the yield like some and were all trying to improve so I take notice of ppl like cult to try up me game

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up pal, sounds like an interesting technique. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Yeah ebb and flow you have a bit more room for water temperature fluctuations, makes one less of worry. I'm going to try coco next to maximise the space in my tent better. I didn't really get the best system for my space. Wastes quite a bit of space round the sides and ends. It's got me going though so can't complain, I'm really enjoying watching the ladies grow, so quickly in hydro, it's insane. I have a chiller too, haven't had to use it just yet, was swapping a couple of big ice bottles a few times a day and it done the trick.

Wow that's a good pull from 1 plant, I'm hoping with some practice I'll be able to get some good yields too. Exactly, we will always want to improve on the yield side of things. Amazing you can pull that with switching to flower only 2 weeks from seed. Yeah Mr Cultivator is an absolute legend, he's really helped steer me in the correct direction, that guy knows his stuff, that's for sure.

Well guys I forgot to take some pics so I will have a good update in a weeks time as I can't get to the spot this week
We spotted the start of bud rot on the NFt plants which is surprising as they ain't that dense really so they have got to come down I can't risk it spreading to the coco plants. It's about 12days to early and it was just a trial run so there won't be much yield at all I'm guessing 5-7oz.
I am going to get a few more fans and look into getting a large dehumidifier as this is the second time we've had some bud rot so it's a issue that needs correcting
The guy wants to do another coco run before commiting to all nft so we are going to use cherry bomb cuttings we took off a couple of the original seed plants
After reading a few nft journals I do believe with a the right sativa dominant strain it's possible to hit some big yields with minimal veg
I'm not going to journal the next coco run but when I do go all nft at this spot I will start a new journal

Ahh man sorry to hear about the bud rot, lucky it was just the trial run, definitely don't want it spreading to the other girls, it definitely had to come down. Bud rot is one of the things that has got me worried it mite make an appearance. Going to really be keeping my eye out for it. I've seen some people can get it when keeping there humidity lower too, makes me wonder why and how it just shows up, I guess it must always be airborn waiting for a place to catch hold. Do you drop your humidity lower for the last few weeks of flower? I've heard some people say dropping it as low as you can forces the plant to create more resin as it thinks it's going to dry out and it wants to protect its self etc. Definitely got to get that sorted problem sorted though, more circulation and a bigger dehumidifier sounds like a plan. I couldn't imagine anything worse than putting your time and effort into your babies for months only to have it all struck down in the last week or two of flower. Talk about heart breaking. I'm looking forward to trying coco myself once this run is done, how do you find it?

Back
Top Bottom