Violator Kush

Re: SouthernWeed's Poll Winning Grow.Violator Kush/House & Garden Nutrients

well i cant wait for the smoke report of that NL 5. i got a tiny soil grow that should finish up around the same time yours does so i have double to look forward to.
speaking of which be lookin out for a pm from me next week sometime cuz im getting paid!!!!

I'll be here...and happy to help at anytime.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, the replacement of the nutrient solution has driven the girls into an orgy of new growth and development. The VKs lateral development is like nothing I've ever grown before and has me curious about using some different grow techniques with it. The NL #5 clone is a beast of a plant with budsites all over. This is getting really entertaining.

New pics...

100_25171.jpg

100_25181.jpg

100_25191.jpg

100_2520.jpg

100_25211.jpg

100_2522.jpg

100_2523.jpg

So, unless you have some sort of visual impairment, I believe it's self evident we have a real monster happening here. My only concern is the density of the plants and the resultant light penetration issues that carries with it. I'll keep a very close watch on things and may remove a few fan leaves from each plant in a few days.

y'all have a great day.

NL 5 is on my list for next time I cop Attitude. Nice show
I want some of that more better 'visual impairment'. :smokin:

I hear ya' PG, that NL is some nice stuff. Unfortunately, it's getting more and more difficult to get a true, pure NL. It may be one of the most bred in strains on earth...but wo unto ye trying to get the real, unadulturated NL #5 nowadays. Theis cutting is from a known variation that exibits an unaturally sweet taste and fruity smell...along with some measure of "visual impairment"...or perhaps a better way to say it is "visual enhancement."

I dunno bro, ima have to confirm my visuals with some sticky-fingered braille action, lol.

If I would have had the freedom on my last grow to do so, I would have removed a few VK fan leaves, even though that's not my usual practice. The combination of amazing lateral growth and huge fan leaves makes it pretty dark anywhere below the canopy.

Actually, what I would have done is to trim away half of some of them in the same manner you do with clones but for a different reason. I think that's a good compromise between aiding penetration and keeping the sugar factories in business.

I must be visually impaired - I see no monsters. Just lovely giant plants with about 87 million buds at the top and towering a foot over everyone else, ready to eat all light and nutes that come in its path. And when you smoke it - it will knock your dick in the dirt - Oh, that monster.

:bravo:

I have great fondness for NL. #5 is the hybrid right? Like good - pure bred hybrid that shows hybrid vigor right? NL#1 was the orig from outdoors I think.

EDIT: Have you grabbed a clone of that winner?! - Not too late

EDIT: Have you grabbed a clone of that winner?! - Not too late

Yes, I cut a couple clones off her to play with.

Nothing really new to say today. Plants are doing better than any to date. PPM took a larger than normal drop yesterday...around 15%, but I'm not reading anything other than they are bigger and hungrier than they were before...scientific deduction, you see.

Guys and gals, there may be a few days between updates. I'm going to be very busy for the coming week and may not have alot of time for journal entries. I'll update as time allows.

Y'all have a great day.

So there was one thing that could monumentally screw up my plans...rain. So of course it started at 5 this morning and it's supposed to rain until after lunch. Had a pretty nice sized concrete pour scheduled...about 203 yards total. For those of you unfamiliar with construction, that's 20 full trucks and part of a 21st...now I can't do anything until it quits raining and we pump out all the footings and the basement...sigh. This after a 40k surprise from the last ice age. You see, as we dug out the basement we found what is known to geologists as an erratic, a piece of rock that has no business being there...in my case a huge piece of granite from Canada. Took 21 tons of TNT to bust that mini-mountain out of the way. I got a 3 ton chunk of it I'm going to have carved into something...perhaps me standing in the rain, with my pockets turned inside out.

Anyhow, it's given me time to go in and snap some pics of the VK buds as they develop. There is actually some trich development visible to the eye...though not so much in the pics...beginning and the smell would knock a buzzard off a manure wagon.

Setting Sun, I'm in complete agreement with you on removing some of the fan leafs, but at the moment I'm limiting leaf removal to some of the lower stuff. My logic on this is that budset seems to be ongoing...new sites are still developing, though not as rapidly...and once that stops, I'll begin removing a few fan leaves here and there to get some penetration. Your thoughts on this strategy are most welcome.

Some pictures...

rsz_100_2524.jpg

rsz_100_2525.jpg

rsz_100_2526.jpg

rsz_100_2527.jpg

rsz_100_2528.jpg

rsz_100_2529.jpg

rsz_100_2533.jpg

rsz_100_2534.jpg

rsz_100_2535.jpg

rsz_100_2536.jpg

I feel like I've got a really good hold on these girls, and the real flower period is just getting going. The NL clone is a different kettle of fish all together. She's going to be finishing a good bit before the VK, so on this grow, I think I'll progressively harvest the NL, to max out all the lower stuff while the VK finishes off. This is fun gang.

Y'all have a great day.

Anyhow, it's given me time to go in and snap some pics of the VK buds as they develop. There is actually some trich development visible to the eye...though not so much in the pics...beginning and the smell would knock a buzzard off a manure wagon.

LOL!, southern sayings are the best ;)

Setting Sun, I'm in complete agreement with you on removing some of the fan leafs, but at the moment I'm limiting leaf removal to some of the lower stuff. My logic on this is that budset seems to be ongoing...new sites are still developing, though not as rapidly...and once that stops, I'll begin removing a few fan leaves here and there to get some penetration. Your thoughts on this strategy are most welcome.

If I was gonna do any trimming up top, I would first try tucking them as Pit suggests and/or just trimming the blocking fan leaves in the same manner as trimming clone leaves. That would help with penetration and leave enough leaf behind to benefit the local buds.

hey so. weed i see you have another journal.
i usually check out your grows. im in
i always learn something new.
i got some nirvana seeds ak48 ww auroara indica blue mystic and swiss cheese.
ak's and a ww are in 8 weeks flower.
nice plants very colorful and healthy.

If I was gonna do any trimming up top, I would first try tucking them as Pit suggests and/or just trimming the blocking fan leaves in the same manner as trimming clone leaves. That would help with penetration and leave enough leaf behind to benefit the local buds.

I have to be honest, these VK are looking more and more like a 10 week flower strain if maximum yield is the goal. That being the case, I really don't want to fool with the leaves up top at all for a few more weeks. I am trying to weave the leaves in and out right now, but there are a hell of alot of large leaves...lol. Clone style trimming may well be the way I end up going down the road, thanks for the help Brother.

hey so. weed i see you have another journal.
i usually check out your grows. I'm in
i always learn something new.
i got some nirvana seeds ak48 ww auroara indica blue mystic and swiss cheese.
ak's and a ww are in 8 weeks flower.
nice plants very colorful and healthy.

Glad to have you aboard. This one is about to get really entertaining.

Same report. Wild growth and development. I am removing a few wilted leaves per day from the lower sections of the plant but otherwise I'm not fooling with them right now. I think these VK are going to need about two weeks longer than advertised. If I had them in separate buckets I may have been able to shave a week off that, but they look like a ten weeker right now. The NL is swelling into the heaviest producing indoor plants I have ever grown...by quite a bit.

I'll try and get a few pics up tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

The jungle thickens. It's getting to be almost unbelievable and forcing me to rethink my previously hardline stance against high density planting. These two strains seem to be thriving in the environment and I have no complaints at all.

A side bar here regarding hydroponic pests and H&G nutrients. In what amounts to two and a half full grows (I had another grow in a single bucket I didn't document as it was a complete experiment) I have yet to see any pests whatsoever. No spider mites...no gnats...no nothing. This was unusual enough that I started talking with my supply guy about it. There is still ongoing debate about this, but here's the straight facts. The only thing I've changed is the nutrients and in just about every other hydro grow I had done, pests nearly drove me nuts. Whether it's the Magic Green, as I suspect, or a different calcium compound, as Beau has postulated, the simple fact is no pests. Anyone out there needs a good deal on Neem oil, I'm the guy to talk to...doesn't look like I'm going to be needing it any more.

Got some pics...

100_2539.jpg

100_25402.jpg

100_2541.jpg

100_25421.jpg

100_2544.jpg

100_2545.jpg

100_2546.jpg

The plants are super healthy and filling out at a nearly unbelievable rate. I'm certainly hoping it keeps up like this and we can end up with a pound of the finest kind.

Y'all have a great day.

yellow. the number 42. don't forget your towel! that is a geat 5 book trilogy to read baked by the by.

Flower Week 5 Nutrient List

Aqua Flakes A 157.5ml
Aqua Flakes B 157.5ml
Bud XL 57ml
Top Booster 85.5ml
Drip Clean 6ml

Well, it continues. Crazy growth and insane bud developement. With the Top Booster added this week the clock is now running on the life of the plants...like it or not, they'll be pretty much done for in 5 weeks or so.

Next week we'll start adding the Shooting Powders, and if they do what they did last time, which I'm sure they will, I'll get to see some ridonkulous bud swell for three weeks or so.

Took some quick pics this am right as the lights kicked on...

100_2547.jpg

100_2548.jpg

100_2549.jpg

100_2550.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2552.jpg

100_2553.jpg

Hope y'll enjoy.

very nice jungle you have there southern:thumb:

Plants are looking amazing Southern!!

Using H&G myself great stuff, one week behind you in flowering.

Recently i came across a feed chart with H&G and lots of other additives on it. I am not sure but i guess they all work good with each other, noticed the shark is on that list. Do you have a feed chart your going off of by chance ?

:bravo:(((insane))):bravo:

:)yahoo:For the record this is post number 4420:yahoo:)

Thanks Brother, they are coming right along.

very nice jungle you have there southern:thumb:

I'm giving it my best...hopefully it'll keep up.

Plants are looking amazing Southern!!

Using H&G myself great stuff, one week behind you in flowering.

Recently i came across a feed chart with H&G and lots of other additives on it. I am not sure but i guess they all work good with each other, noticed the shark is on that list. Do you have a feed chart your going off of by chance ?

I have used the online nutrient calculator...up to a point. Yes, I have several feed charts that include the GW...which I use in conjunction with the Root Excelurator. Also included are some applications for the Algen Extract...absolutely golden stuff there...and I think it'd be even better with the soil/soiless people. Hopefully, you've got the complete additive line from H&G...it is by far the best on the market today...I've used them all and will never use anything else until someone documents better performance than what I'm getting right now.

they are beautiful brother

Thanks Bro...the list of people that praise really counts from is dwindling now...but you're numero uno on the list. I'm just amazed how well this is working out.

Flower Week 6 Nutrient List

Aqua Flakes A 112.5ml
Aqua Flakes B 112.5ml
Bud XL 57ml
Shooting Powder 1/2 sachet

So, I can hear it now..."SouthernWeed, you idiot, you just changed your res three days ago, and now you're trying to move forward a whole week? What the hell man, can't you read a calender or count to seven?"

Relax, here's the deal. In the mix for Week six of flower is the Top Booster additive. Now we've all used PK13-14 mixes before...a huge benefit in slinging the plants into full aggressive flower...but the H&G version of it works a little differently. Top Booster causes an "optical drought", in effect, it inhibits the plants ability to see light...the plants thinks its dark in other words...and the recommendation from H&G is 48-72 hours of exposure to the Top Booster. My last grow, I tried to fall back into the previous weeks nutrient schedule, not realizing at the time, that the ratios of Aqua Flakes A&B went down. This caused the only real issue I had last grow, so this time I decided to do it right.

I'm having a hard time putting into words how well this grow has gone...in 10 weeks I have not had to adjust PH a single time. PPM is much more stable than anything else I've ever used before, and the plants are epic...what more can you ask for?

Anyhow, I'll get some pics up later today or tomorrow morning so yall can see what's happening. If I took down the NL today, I'd get over a quarter pound off her...and she's just now getting the real bud sweller, the Shooting Powders, into the mix. The VK ore a little behind the NL, but I could clear a good 2.5 ounces per plant right now...I'm going to snatch a pound plus on this grow if I don't screw it up.

Y'all have a great day.

...I've used them all and will never use anything else until someone documents better performance than what I'm getting right now.

It funny even Big Mike from A.N has called H&G one of the best on the market. And has even taken his AN root product off the market and posted on his show that H&G has "THE BEST" root program on the planet right now. And has no intentions of putting a new one on the shelf till A.N produces a better one. :rofl:.. and that was a while ago. I couldn't agree with you more. H&G is the best on the market. I still love my G.H though..:rofl:

It funny even Big Mike from A.N has called H&G one of the best on the market. And has even taken his AN root product off the market and posted on his show that H&G has "THE BEST" root program on the planet right now. And has no intentions of putting a new one on the shelf till A.N produces a better one. :rofl:.. and that was a while ago. I couldn't agree with you more. H&G is the best on the market. I still love my G.H though..:rofl:

Yeah, I get the newsletter also and saw that a couple months ago, and it's to Big Mike's credit to admit his product had been beaten. Frankly, if anyone out there is ever going to give H&G a run, I expect it'll be him and his crew.

And I feel you on the GH stuff. It's simple, relatively inexpensive and produces quality results every time.

Back
Top Bottom