Vivosun: This April, Meet The Future Of Growing

that's why i was disappointed in them not using current technology
The lm301h Evo werent available when these were being made. And there isnt much information saying 301h is much better then the b. I can talk to them about using the new Evo in the future updates.

Wish I hadn't just

Maybe 4% to 6% more efficiency - or no difference at all, other than in which specifications are prioritized in the ads - depending on who you ask.

On the other hand, the newer LM301H Evo diodes are definitely an improvement. The LED chip and phosphor have been developed specifically for horticultural use. It uses a 435-nanometer LED instead of a 450-nanometer one. And there is a "Mint White" version which has a reduced red component. That allows them to narrow the output, so to speak, for both better efficiency and, likely as not, a better spectral profile in the range that it does produce. It's meant to be paired with a separate "red" output diode - such as the LM351H. The red diodes are highly efficient (over over 4 µmol/Joule in some cases); they do not require a phosphor conversion and, therefore, do not have the associated efficiency loss.

I am somewhat disappointed to see that this new LED panel does not use a combination of LM301H Evo and LM351H diodes. However, I am not really surprised - and this is not a knock against the company, but instead a nod to reality. If someone is going to build a lighting product for their own garden, they can buy whatever the latest and greatest is, and assemble it from the components when they arrive. A company, OtOH, hopes to manufacture thousands of the things. It will almost certainly have had agreements in place with its suppliers for some time before the product ever reaches the market. <SHRUGS> It's like just about anything else that is not a one-off, there's going to be a lead time. One does hope that Vivosun's future LED products will have the newer-generation diodes, though.

I recently picked up one of AC Infinity's "Ionboard" LED panels, and learned that it uses the LM301B diodes, even though it is also a (relatively) recent. I could have wished for LM301H Evo diodes in it (and did so wish :rolleyes: ) - but, again, realities of manufacturing.

That recent acquisition means that I won't be hoping to get my hands on one of Vivosun's new grow lights (insufficient electrical capacity, insufficient room in the garden space... insufficient money ;) ). But I hope to see some other members get them, and show the rest of us what the products are capable of producing. . . .
I have passed your comments to the R&D team.

The lm301h Evo werent available when these were being made. And there isnt much information saying 301h is much better then the b. I can talk to them about using the new Evo in the future updates.
I didn't mean to come off as so negative it's a beautiful light and im sure future upgrades will get the new chips
Samsung did a test grow study with a university in Korea testing the Evo (the 437nm photon pump light in study)

WeChat Image_20220421152921.png

Whoah! Those numbers are something for a 2 foot square! I know I've grown beautiful bud at half that PAR ! ppfd is the same right?

PAR is just an abbreviation for Photosynthetically Active Radiation. The only time you should expect to see something along the lines of "1,080 PAR" in a product advertisement and/or documentation is when the person who wrote the ad/etc. is a moron. PPFD is a unit of measurement. The PPFD unit is measured in micromoles (one micromole equals 62 quadrillion photons) per square meter per second (µmol/m²/s). This means PPFD is the amount of PPF that arrives on each square meter of your crop at any given second. PPFD is an abbreviation for Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.

There is an article that discusses PAR, PPF, YPF, PPFD and DLI. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link to it, because it is hosted on the website of a lighting company that does not pay to advertise on this forum. Also, I would probably not post it in this particular thread, regardless, out of courtesy to Vivosun (as they're competitors). However, if you wish to learn a bit about such things, you can do a Google search for:
Code:
"PAR, PPF, YPF, PPFD and DLI"
...you'll probably discover a link to such an article at a general knowledge type website, and - likely as not - links to other related articles on other websites, as well. I would take the time to hunt down one or more of them, but it's probably more in-depth than one needs just to discuss this sponsor's products... and I'm on my way out the door to go find some groceries ;) .

By the way, I would prefer to see a grow light product adjusted so that the amount of light reaching the top of the canopy directly underneath that product is 1,000 PPFD, and a chart created based on that height. That's a good target when flowering a photoperiodic strain. Therefore, the gardener can get a real idea of what the useful footprint size/shape of the light is going to be. If one is dealing with autoflowering plants, a center maximum of 750 would probably be more appropriate, for obvious reasons. (If the gardener is adding supplemental CO₂ and the temperature in the garden is high enough to use the additional CO₂ - and to use the additional light-energy - then a chart showing an even higher center maximum would be useful. And if the temperature in the garden is low enough that the plants aren't even going to be able to use the full amount of light-energy that would otherwise get used at normal atmospheric CO₂ levels, a chart that is "based on" a lesser maximum PPFD in the center would be used.) I don't really have a use for charts that max out at <750 PPFD or, for that matter, lights that require one to lower them so much that the center point measurement would be significantly greater than 1,000 PPFD (e.g., 1,800 PPFD) in order to end up with something reasonable around the perimeter of the (advertised) coverage area. But that's me; others' opinions may differ, I guess.

There's an article about Vivosun's new light, controller and app on the Home Page:
:ciao:

There's an article about Vivosun's new light, controller and app on the Home Page:
:ciao:
Reading that link made me realize this light is just as much about controlling the environment as the light spectrum and intensity!

"We’ve optimized the LED spectrum to match all stages of growth: the adjustable spectrum produces deep blues (450nm) for seedling and vegetative stage, promoting strong stems, branches, and leaves; and red and far-red (730nm) for superior flower growth. The AeroLight can be programmed to react to changes in environment or according to a pre-set schedule and is even programmable to mimic natural weather like sunrise, sunset, and natural wind."

I'd love to see this one in action because I think the results will surprise and amaze.

I am interested, especially as it's exactly the right size for my tent. Anyone who has grown in a 2x2 tent knows that getting a fan in there for air circulation is pretty difficult.
Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday in a few days, lol!

Holy moly this is a awesome light!!!!!! I cant stop looking at its design! Really sleek!
I've been personally using the Prototype and I cant wait to see these in full scale use. There are so many hidden features and ones that will revolutionize the industry.

Hey, is there a switch that can be flipped to get that fan to blow upwards instead of down?

But there's no mirror on <COUGH>that ceiling :hmmmm: .

I've been personally using the Prototype and I cant wait to see these in full scale use. There are so many hidden features and ones that will revolutionize the industry.
I would love to show case your light in my vivosun 3&1 tent

Back
Top Bottom