Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

White widows are said to be 8-9 weeks. Those trichromes look clear to me still. I have been reading although it depends on what you want from the high, that 10% amber 70% cloudy 20% clear is good for a nice clear high. That is about what I’m aiming for with my widows.
Hey, thx. So how long until you think they get to numbers like that? I just dont know how quickly this develops.

This is when the grower decides the results of said plant. Our different decisions of harvesting times is one of many things that separates us and our final product. I also believe that even when the plant has been severed from the pot, the trichomes continue to do their thing for an additional amount of time. When the trichome becomes amber it is in fact at end of life cycle. If shed says 2 weeks, take a small branch now. in 5 days with no light, dry it out, smoke that shit! you know then!

I'm seeing loads of clear and those are on the sugar leaves, which ripen first. We usually judge the harvest window by looking at the calyx trichomes. So I'd say you have a couple of weeks.
Yep, that's what I've sorta pegged her for as well. Thanks!

This is when the grower decides the results of said plant. Our different decisions of harvesting times is one of many things that separates us and our final product. I also believe that even when the plant has been severed from the pot, the trichomes continue to do their thing for an additional amount of time. When the trichome becomes amber it is in fact at end of life cycle. If shed says 2 weeks, take a small branch now. in 5 days with no light, dry it out, smoke that shit! you know then!
Who doesn't love that plan..

Thanks for chiming in!

So, having a chat earlier today with @Emilya , I could swear that I saw too much glassyness in my trichomes and later in the day, when I got a pic, I saw this.

I think I was wrong.

I'm guessing that it's time?? And I would have liked to run more more clean watering through, but would that leave them too long?

Day 148/73F

Thx.

Attachments

• 20190423_224103.jpg
    20190423_224103.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 45
recheck with your first method and try to figure out what went wrong and why you thought otherwise... but yeah, this looks like we are in couch lock territory!
Nice! I'll recheck tomorrow and again on all three plants.

How long can they stay here until we reach the point of diminishing returns? I just would like to clean em out a bit more, or is that pointless at this point. Been watering for eight days.

Thx.

some of those look quite dark in that picture... I am suspecting the lighting was different... but if they are starting to go from amber to a deeper red, you are at that point that any further, they start degrading. Keep in mind they keep turning a bit as they dry too.
Well, tomorrow, if all is confirmed, they come down and the next stage of the fun starts...

Thx!

It should also be explained that not all trichomes are alike. Some strains produce beautiful triangular trichomes, some long skinny stalks with small heads and some with heads that look like mushrooms, and in some strains the entire trichome turns a deep reddish/orange or a blue. Some strains just the top of the trichome turns, and others the entire head will turn. You never know till you run it what you are going to see or what to look for. Sometimes the angle from which you view the trichome can show you more of the sides and stalks and you can miss that the top is turning. A good camera macro mode or a microscope is very valuable right at this point as you learn your plant and determine what it is doing.

It should also be explained that not all trichomes are alike. Some strains produce beautiful triangular trichomes, some long skinny stalks with small heads and some with heads that look like mushrooms, and in some strains the entire trichome turns a deep reddish/orange or a blue. Some strains just the top of the trichome turns, and others the entire head will turn. You never know till you run it what you are going to see or what to look for. Sometimes the angle from which you view the trichome can show you more of the sides and stalks and you can miss that the top is turning. A good camera macro mode or a microscope is very valuable right at this point as you learn your plant and determine what it is doing.
I got this for my phone:
It has a clip to hold it on the phone. I didn’t have it for my trichromes but next time I’ll get some good shots.
Thanks very much, guys. I'll see what I can learn tomorrow from all three girls. That was the first I saw of the amber, or even red on a day I was thinking theh may be moving too slowly. I also think the three plants are maturing differently, as that was from one plant.

I now regret not not flushing longer.

Will see in the morning...

That amber can sneak up on you. I thought my plants were not going to be ready for another week or so but when I checked I saw some amber and decided to chop cause my wife likes to get really high and alert. Guess it would be smart to perfect a strain but I have moved on to three others. Might run another white widow too and let it go a bit longer next time. Just when you have one part of the grow figured out there is something new to learn and some things you just have to learn for yourself by experimenting.

its all part of the learning process. Study this moment and why you didn't notice it before. Next time you will be on it, and you will know what to look for. :nerd-with-glasses:
Most important thing when checking trichomes (besides the loupe) is white light.

I won't repost the whole thing here, but if you're concerned about whether you flushed long enough, this post and the information in it should be helpful.
That amber can sneak up on you. I thought my plants were not going to be ready for another week or so but when I checked I saw some amber and decided to chop cause my wife likes to get really high and alert. Guess it would be smart to perfect a strain but I have moved on to three others. Might run another white widow too and let it go a bit longer next time. Just when you have one part of the grow figured out there is something new to learn and some things you just have to learn for yourself by experimenting.
Thank you everyone.

So much great info here. I think in may have been duped by my amber light as @InTheShed warned against, or that may have been one branch of one plant, but I'll only know the truth tonight before the amber lights come on. Here are a few more pics from this morning. In the white LED light of the loupe, you'll have trouble finding an amber trichome. Thanks @Emilya for making sure I looked again and studied what might have led me to believe one thing or another. I think there are some foggy ones, though!

@Reave you make some great sense when talking about the experimenting process. The fog has shown and the plants are likely telling me they're close. I've learned that "figuring out" anything is a phenomenon of the day. What you thought you had down pat today, might surprise you tomorrow. All in good fun and education..

Thanks guys, will post more pics this eve before the lights come on, but for now, have a look...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-064258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-064258_Gallery.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20190424-064323_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-064323_Gallery.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20190424-063946_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-063946_Gallery.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20190424-063941_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-063941_Gallery.jpg