The Chica....

has begun the chop cycle!

4117F270-E2BE-411A-BEB2-A3010523F3DD.jpeg

394DC4C2-6560-4BE8-ABBE-DA355B9DF8DA.jpeg

383F055A-2308-4C50-86B5-EDD281E8E610.jpeg

B073CCD5-ACDC-4023-B9AB-81CF8441DA74.jpeg

5FB7F16C-36CF-4EB2-A207-7FE95F8D81A7.jpeg

18E258C7-ACF0-4083-87E1-E84B5958A9B1.jpeg

I managed to squeak out one (of 4) main nodes last night. She's a tad leafy, but man she has some buds on her. Let me put it this way, see the post above, and the last image with the blue dream hanging?

That same amount of space has been taken up by just the first node off the Chica. She is very sticky, and smells really nice. I can't quite place it, but I like it.

I'm off to finish up her trim in a few, once I update my other stuff too. With everything going on in here, plus a huge defol on the RDWC, time has been in popular demand as of late. So my bad on that. :(

However, things are at least going well so far. The six shooter and blue dream have been jarred. The Blue dried a bit faster than I would have liked. Well, a LOT faster, to be honest. She's sitting at 56% RH in the jar at the moment, after being in there close to a full day. I have 2 of the 8g 62% packs in there, so I'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully I didn't screw it up. :(

So to keep a running total:

Green Crack: 2.87oz
Six Shooter: 3.85oz
Blue Dream: 4.23oz
----------------------------------
Running total: 10.95oz

Not bad so far for autos. The Chica will push it to at least 17oz, maybe more. Then we have lemmy in the works still, and she'll push that up by another 8 zips, if not more. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised one bit at it being closer to 10 or so from her. We'll see how she goes in a few weeks.

She's now just starting to get that "I may be thinking about getting close to the end" look to her. Pistils are just starting to turn, starting to eat herself up a little bit, etc. I'll get a pic of her after I'm done trimming. :)

Y'all have a good one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Not much going on in the Lab now, and time for a slight break for a couple weeks. All we have left in here now is Lemmy, as her 4 sisters have moved on to bigger and better things.

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

IMG_3850.jpeg

IMG_3851.jpeg

Finally have some pistils turning, and she's starting to eat on her own leaves. 6G of MegaCrop, plus calmag and protekt is still the diet of choice. Seems to be doing the trick, I think.

There's probably a dozen or so really big and thick ones on her, and they've still got some swelling to do. It's not over til it's over, but it sure is tough to not be at least a little excited over her.

The cure on the crack baby is on day 20. Six and blue both have been in jars since Friday. I'm not overly concerned with Six, but blue I'm a tick concerned with. So far, other than 1 jar of Six and 1 Jar of Blue, I haven't had to burp them. Of the 4 jars of Six, 1 is in burp mode and running about 66%. The other 3 are holding steady between 60%-62%.

With Blue, 2 of her jars have been at the 56% mark, the other two 58%-60%.

This is with 2 of the 8g 62% packs in each jar (should only need 1, just sayin).

Needless to say, they both were a tad more dry than they should have been. Blue more than Six. It doesn't seem like it was to the point of over dry, but it was damn close.

The Chica is hanging right now, has been for 3-4 days (Got 1/4 of her chopped Sat night, finished up Sunday afternoon) and I've been checking her daily. I'd rather have to burp a jar for a couple hours at a time than be battling RH that's just barely still in the cure zone. :(

I did however make an adjustment to my drying section, and cut the exhaust back even further. It was already cut off from normal flow by a good margin, but I cut it back even more still. The temp/RH has been good in there (70F-72F, 53%-56%RH) so hopefully the issue is resolved.

With Lemmy, I'm not sure if I'll dry her in the 4x4, or try and use the drying space I am now. If I use the same space I am now, I'll need to take the shelf out so I can fit another level to hang from. Right now there is only 2 levels, with 3 lines per level, and I bet Lemmy is going to need more than that for her.

There's a few downsides to using the whole 4x4.

First, I can't really turn down the exhaust to the lowest setting. This is because (as you may recall) the exhaust is also pulling through the Dev Lab where the GDP (and current drying area) is located. Can't really cut off her air, although if the fan was on low and pulling ONLY from that trunk, it might be alright.

Second, I can't start prepping for the next run and building that out with it being used for drying. I'm already going to be cutting it close with my timeline. Especially if I'm trying to not grow heavily over the summer, and if this next run extends itself longer like this run did... it will cut it pretty close to a spot where I'm going to gone for a bit. So the quicker I can get turned around, the better.

I guess I could always skip the whole topping/quadline thing and just LST them. Seems like a waste of potential to me though. Had I done that with Lemmy or the others, I don't think the numbers would have been as good. Not to mention, what's the adventure and experimentation in just letting them grow normally? Borrrrrrrr-ing!

Just jarred up the Chica late last night. It was maybe a tick early, but today is busy and tomorrow would have been too much. She was already starting to get a tick of maybe a fruity scent to her as I jarred her up. Significantly less of the hay/grass smell, which was heavy with Six and Blue (although it has tamed down a smidge since jarring them up last Friday.

Chica tally: 6.04oz

Which brings us to:

Green Crack:​
2.87oz
Six Shooter:​
3.85oz
Blue Dream:​
4.23oz
Mexican Airlines:​
6.04oz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16.99oz

So far, I'm quite fine with that. 1/4lb from an auto is where it hits the positive side for me. It's not the 2lb total you can get from 4 photos in a 4x4, but all things considered I think it's a decent entry level for an auto. I was a tick surprised that the Chica went 6oz. Not really after I saw her as I chopped, but based on what I saw in the tent up to that point. She had a 1/4lb look to her, but hey, 50% more isn't a bad thing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those 6oz took up 8 jars. I just bought a new lot of hygrometers, and apparently I will be needing another as there are just 5 left from the new pack (was 12, used 7) and Lemmy is going to need more than that if I jar her up.

My other option would be to use one of the ThermPro remote hygrometers and use a bucket instead of jars. Considering she's going to clear half a pound without breaking a sweat, it may be beneficial to go the turkey bag route.

If I do that though, I'll definitely use the remote hygrometer along with an air pump and some valves to automate burping. Now that I'm typing this out, that's probably the route I'll be going. I'll maybe put a few of the big-ass colas in jars though.

What I'm wondering is if I could run more than 1 setup of the thermpro hygrometers? I already have 1 full setup (remote w/ 3 sensors), so maybe I need a different one? (You know, freqs, overlap, blah blah blah.) Maybe a wired one or something that I can rig up per bucket.

Got a wild hair and took a look at the trichs on Lemmy. Without further ado....

FB53A8F0-42E9-4A41-8869-C1DC9286B29E.jpeg

53386ACD-5ADE-4E6D-928A-AC6B5CD89B0C.jpeg

75BCE6E1-CFEB-496B-960D-D84A67561C44.jpeg

64B060A3-052E-4E9E-BED2-88A545F7026F.jpeg

64B060A3-052E-4E9E-BED2-88A545F7026F.jpeg

2B294618-2F0B-48FB-8738-2786C51C7A81.jpeg

I'm either really baked, or it looks like I may have plans for next weekend. Guess I need to snap some more pics from different places and see what's what.

Made another batch of gummies from the oil I made from the crack baby.

Strawberry this time, with a light hint of banana. Better flavor this go, but I may have been a bit heavy on the oil. Whoops. :rofl:

By that I mean the consistency is off a little, but maybe they need a tick more time in the fridge. I cleaned out one tray, and put the other three back in for a bit. Probably give them a half hour longer or so.

Taste is better, but I think I will back off the amount of strawberry extract next time. Not from the strawberry flavor strength, but extracts always have the little aftertaste to them, and there's a strawberry one a little bit.

Anyway, here's the mix:

- (1) 3oz strawberry jello
- (2) packets of knox (packets, aka half a box)
- 1/2C Strawberry juice (welch's)
- 2/3-3/4C infused coconut oil
- 2TBSP honey
- 1.5tsp lecithin
- 2tsp strawberry extract
- 2tsp banana extract
- 4 shots of strawberry mio

Ended up with 180 of the same 2.5ml size (lifesaver size) rings.

Made another batch of gummies from the oil I made from the crack baby.

Strawberry this time, with a light hint of banana. Better flavor this go, but I may have been a bit heavy on the oil. Whoops. :rofl:

By that I mean the consistency is off a little, but maybe they need a tick more time in the fridge. I cleaned out one tray, and put the other three back in for a bit. Probably give them a half hour longer or so.

Taste is better, but I think I will back off the amount of strawberry extract next time. Not from the strawberry flavor strength, but extracts always have the little aftertaste to them, and there's a strawberry one a little bit.

Anyway, here's the mix:

- (1) 3oz strawberry jello
- (2) packets of knox (packets, aka half a box)
- 1/2C Strawberry juice (welch's)
- 2/3-3/4C infused coconut oil
- 2TBSP honey
- 1.5tsp lecithin
- 2tsp strawberry extract
- 2tsp banana extract
- 4 shots of strawberry mio

Ended up with 180 of the same 2.5ml size (lifesaver size) rings.
Just remember..... gummies can always be melted down over low heat, then re-poured.

I'll do that if I notice they're still oily after removing from the molds. Most times, I'll melt them down, add 1 more gelatine pack, then fill my molds again.

:thumb:

Just remember..... gummies can always be melted down over low heat, then re-poured.

I'll do that if I notice they're still oily after removing from the molds. Most times, I'll melt them down, add 1 more gelatine pack, then fill my molds again.

:thumb:

Quite true. I'm on the fence with whether I need to do that or not. I have some errands to run right quick, so I've tried to stay out of them until I'm done. Then I'll see how it goes I guess. If need be, I'll remelt and give it another shot.

Quite true. I'm on the fence with whether I need to do that or not. I have some errands to run right quick, so I've tried to stay out of them until I'm done. Then I'll see how it goes I guess. If need be, I'll remelt and give it another shot.
Easy peasy!
:high-five:

They could definitely stand to be melted and remixed, I'm just not sure what to do with them and may end up making them worse.

They're not exactly gummy. They're kind of in between a gummy and a marshmallow, if that makes sense. They also easily dissolve completely in your mouth when you chew them up.

I finally had one about 20 minutes ago, so we'll see in a bit on that part. I had two last night, but I was already pretty lit up by that point anyway. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dense marshmallow is closer of a description. Like when you squeeze a mini marshmallow and then eat it. Kinda gummy, kinda dense fluff.

Flavor is on though, and you know, they have weed in them. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And hereeeeeeeeeee’s Lemmy!

527B7772-E8C5-49B5-A942-82B210C9B4AC.jpeg

After this pic, I had to install more yoyo’s and plant ties. Go figure. She’s a big girl. Even with the silica her branches just can’t keep the bigger ones upright.

Trichs? She’s got em. And she is super, super sticky. Like GG sticky.

A0210821-6B0D-4F77-8AE5-1E7BC36CF2EA.jpeg

A16A10DE-416B-49FF-90F2-35EB748EAF8F.jpeg

6CBBA9C2-5C60-46C4-81E6-D37B3D81E804.jpeg

BDFA798D-82E9-4E87-960E-7F7C1F65DCB2.jpeg

6D73150F-D88D-443B-A7B6-3FEB7EC93524.jpeg

1B2330E9-5226-47B0-AEB4-ABCEC36205B5.jpeg

She’s right on the edge. I almost plucked a couple last night to start a staggered harvest. But I refrained. Still a few too many clear. That will be resolved by this weekend though, at least that’s the plan. Subject to change.

I may take some of the tops, then lower the lights and take the bottoms in another week or so. I’ll have to see how things look. I’ll be away for about 4 days over the following weekend, so if it’s not this weekend or Wednesday, it will have to be the following Wednesday. Some of it, if not all of it, will manage to see that day.

On the lighter side of sports, I have the remaining couple of parts on e way to setup and install the next run.

Once Lemmy is chopped, and I get the tent cleaned and sanitized, I’ll put it together.

Then I’ll sanitize again, with a second round of just ozone.

You think? On a super lemon haze?

There's a spot or two right now that I could potentially chop, but a few more days would be good for those. On the lower stuff (which is only lower because it's spread out) it could use another week possibly, but even on those a good portion should be in the window this weekend.

Now the six shooter... you bet, as long as it pans out. It was close to being too dry when I jarred it. RH was already 62%-64%, and the blue dream was 56%-58%... :(

Not really sure what the fuck happened with it. They were at that point in 3 days, in the same environment that took the rest closer to a week. Maybe I hadn't watered them close enough to harvest or something, or the RH plummeted overnight one night. Bout all I can think of really.

Quite the little mystery, and one that most likely will never be solved.

On a precautionary note, I jarred up the Mexican Airlines a day or two early. First hit the jars and overnight it was up in the mid 70's. A week later I've got it down to upper 60's though. I'd personally rather deal with a little too wet than too dry.

Speaking of which, I'll have to keep tabs on things since I'll be away next friday to monday. Guess the wife can burp jars, but I'd rather not have to have her do that. Looks like that's going to be the case though, which is better than having her judge dryness and jar them up. :rofl:

Unscrewing lids for a little bit is one thing, but much over that and well... it would probably be a disaster. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ohhhh. In a few places it is getting there. Overall not quite though. Saturday and probably Sunday will be busy around this joint though.

I think a fair bit of that amber is on tiny sugars though. Not all, but some.

This is the “Lab” right? More on the above in a minute. And now, this...

35A3A1FE-47EA-49D8-9B8C-B6F54D8DD891.jpeg

94A2C50F-5C11-4A27-80BA-8FD007DD80E0.jpeg

2F152B0B-ED18-4A70-B8FC-F8F2CB878B61.jpeg

56974778-15D1-4788-9CE9-C145FFD06D36.jpeg

As they say, all good things must come to an end. Bye, Lemmy.

Started on the chop late this evening. Not much, but two less branches to do tomorrow and Sunday if needed.

Sticky AF, to say the least. Had to clean the scissors 5 times on just the little bit tonight. Some nice fat tops, now hanging to dry.Can’t even tell the 2 branches are missing. This girl is stacked.

More on that later after we wrap it up.

And now the curing stuff.

Along with trimming this weekend I will be building a small scale setup just like the video. Looking forward to that, and not having to burp two dozen jars.

Not sure if I’ll use 3.5 or 5 gal buckets, and I’m considering rigging up some sort of layers instead of lumping it all together to promote better airflow. Might be overkill, but it’s under consideration.

That’s all for now. Time for a nap, then a water change, chores, and then back to trimming.

Back
Top Bottom