Wanting to clone

You can also root in a cup of water! Might take a few extra days but it works! Biggest secret I've learned is whatever you're cutting with needs to be SHARP and sterile. Doesn't matter how you try to propagate, of you're using dull, dirty scissors they're pretty much doomed

You can also root in a cup of water! Might take a few extra days but it works! Biggest secret I've learned is whatever you're cutting with needs to be SHARP and sterile. Doesn't matter how you try to propagate, of you're using dull, dirty scissors they're pretty much doomed
so maybe new razors while im lookin for aloe gel soundin like..ive got some trimming sheers and some metal scissors but maybe razor blade better for sterility sound like. thanks for info!

so maybe new razors while im lookin for aloe gel soundin like..ive got some trimming sheers and some metal scissors but maybe razor blade better for sterility sound like. thanks for info!
Even running a file over your shears a few time and then cleaning with alcohol or even waving them over a flame os better than nothing. But yeah, razor blades would be best (they still make my clumsy ass nervous though!)

cool, well i may just sterilize real good then try this way...if possible ill get some of those root hormones by then but not sure if i can get my hands on any by time its ready, we'll see. thank you very much
you can pick up clone root homone at any Tractor Supply in the garden section, almost any real farm related store carries the stuff.

I bought a stack of razor blades from Lowe's. 100 for $8? They are coated in cutting oil, so isopropyl is in order to clean them. I clean between plants.

Yes, sharp. I have had a couple accidents topping plants with blades. Bled pretty bad. Save the blades for taking cuts. Use shears for topping. Personal stupidity. ;)

Recently started cloning too. First attempt I took 4 cuttings and used clonex with root riots in a propagator. Swing and a miss. 2nd attempt dipped 2 cuttings in clonex then stuck them in cups of damp soil with plastic bottles for humidity domes. Both rooted in a week. Just taken 4 more cuttings using the same technique and fingers crossed it works again. Seems like one of those things where you'll find a technique that works for you.

Update for everyone! and 1st i gotta say thanks all for the help! :)
A friend hooked me up with a bottle of clonex to try and ive also obtained 6x rockwool cubes..still gotta look for some cloning gel also i think and thanks for the tidbit about a tractor supply having, pretty sure thats where im going to look. And yes razor blades and alcohol the way im going also. Here a few pics of the babies from yesterday morning right after getting their tips sprayed with the clonex lightly, then another from standing back after watering this morning so you can see how tall. Id say by another week they will be more than ready to take. Planning on leaving a little stump above 3rd node on all 4, so u can kinda guess how they gonna look. Thanks again everybody!!!

20201220_073429.jpg

20201220_073400.jpg

20201220_074129.jpg

20201220_074126.jpg

20201220_074122.jpg

20201220_074119.jpg

20201221_120401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom