Hellllooo! I wanted to ask if anyone has used these jiffy pots before ? You are able to plant them right in the ground! I was wanting to know if I can plant them directly into there pots there going to finish out in? Or should I cut the peat pot and then plant it? It’s just I didn’t wanna stress the plants out because there Autos ??

1CD2AF13-E51A-447E-83A1-5CE77464DE0A.jpeg
Love your gardening robe. :thumb:

Hellllooo! I wanted to ask if anyone has used these jiffy pots before ? You are able to plant them right in the ground! I was wanting to know if I can plant them directly into there pots there going to finish out in? Or should I cut the peat pot and then plant it? It’s just I didn’t wanna stress the plants out because there Autos ??
I tried the peat pots years ago for vegetables and flowers. The idea sounds good but like Bluter says, they do have problems. Some people have used them for Marijuana seedlings and they recommend cutting down the side to open them up when it is time to transplant. Otherwise it does seem to take a long time for the roots to work their way through.

If you want a natural seedling size pot for getting the small plants started you could think about making some yourself out of a sheets of newspaper. Same sort of thing except if the pot is kept damp the roots will go through the sides within days after being put in the soil and the entire homemade newspaper pot decomposes in a couple of weeks.

I’m having a bad day, and about to just say fuck it. There is so much work that goes into this and I thought I could handle it but now I’m starting to second guess myself .

I didn’t realize that autos will become stressed if you replant them a lot and most of my new guys are autos which I planted it the pea pots already , and then when roots start coming through I was just going to replant them into a bigger pot , do you think that would stress them out ?? And can you replant autos ? Or should you not ?? I’m stuck, confused and feeling hopeless

I’m having a bad day, and about to just say fuck it. There is so much work that goes into this and I thought I could handle it but now I’m starting to second guess myself .

I didn’t realize that autos will become stressed if you replant them a lot and most of my new guys are autos which I planted it the pea pots already , and then when roots start coming through I was just going to replant them into a bigger pot , do you think that would stress them out ?? And can you replant autos ? Or should you not ?? I’m stuck, confused and feeling hopeless
Relax my friend this is supposed to be enjoyable. If your autos are in such tiny pots personally I would repot them. Make sure they build a decent root ball.
Then take your time go slow be careful and imo they will be better for it.
When I'm up potting I sprinkler mycrohyz-- on the exposed roots. Use lots of perlite when I'm uppotting. Then water outside edge of pot to grow that root ball. First watering i put in superthrive. But any b1 or seaweed based feed will help ease her into her new home. 2c hope that helps a little. See what others say. Happy growing my friend.

Keep plugging away and things start to fall into place. It is a learning experience and that means a learning curve.

I only grew an auto once and that was by mistake. It was in a batch of seeds from the famous BagSeed strain. The others were photo-period but one must of been an auto because it started to flower even though it had only 8 to 9 hours of dark. Healthy looking thing of about average size for how old it was even though I had transplanted twice already. On top of that I had taken a couple of cuttings and gotten them to root and become clones. They started to flower about 3 weeks after being cut and rooted.

Okayyyy guys ... here are a couple of my babies .. 2 of them leaves are starting to yellow at the tip?

Set up
Coco Coir Perlite
70% coco / 30 %perlite mixed with
Fox Farm Ocean forest

1st one is - Northern Lights Auto
2nd. gorilla Glue Auto

both in Pea Pots
Being feed ph water , Nuits every-other day , by fox farm ..

what could be going on here ???

44EE74E5-5289-4D0E-9F0A-D8E8FAC1BEDA.jpeg

1344E44A-203E-414C-8221-140A6FB8920A.jpeg

2C389140-2D16-447A-AD68-D4E5F6A4ECF0.jpeg

D9BADA90-8145-47CC-B8C6-DE961FF343B2.jpeg

I’m feeding the ph between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 it looks like green yellow
Nice garden my friend. Girls look a little hungry though.
FFOF is your soil? Or as stated at top 70%coco with perlite. We need to know exactly whats in the pot.
If its coco you should be settling you ph to 5.8. And you should be giving nutrients every day. Coco should be kept damp with nutrients at all times.
If its soil just plain water is fine. It looks like coco though. So 5.8 and nutrients every day. Happy growing my friend.

Nice garden my friend. Girls look a little hungry though.
FFOF is your soil? Or as stated at top 70%coco with perlite. We need to know exactly whats in the pot.
If its coco you should be settling you ph to 5.8. And you should be giving nutrients every day. Coco should be kept damp with nutrients at all times.
If its soil just plain water is fine. It looks like coco though. So 5.8 and nutrients every day. Happy growing my friend.
Thankkk you for that! I have since water all and tomorrow will give another round of nutrients

Heyy yalll just wanted to give an update , my girls been curing for about 2 weeks now... check out some of the buds, there are seeds because she was a hermii, and I chooses to keep it and I am no mad at all! She/he did there thing and for a bag seed she dopeee

060D4A51-EC31-478F-A378-6B4D0CD032C3.jpeg

7FD37BD7-1B10-45CA-8A90-07036CBC61C3.jpeg

387796A9-C4A0-4363-95C4-3E4037BB4E2F.jpeg

EE656932-0630-4AA2-B977-FFC20882DEC8.jpeg

90510F5B-A3FB-4ED7-B2A7-C35DFB65D68C.jpeg

7B95C8F6-494A-41E5-BA33-7E3A9095C94A.jpeg

Oh snap I meant to make this a journal , lol I’m still learning !! But this was is done! Y’all check out my summer seshhh

Back
Top Bottom