Watch me kill plants in organic soil!

triangle

This is the latest installment of me butchering plants in KIS MIX soil, Keep it Simple they say!!!

Was an otherwise healthy plant, grown in KIS Organic Soil. Did OK until this point in veg, fed nothing but water pH'ed to 6.3 area. It WAS thriving until this happened.

Thought it was overwatered, but nope. Been letting it get extra light to see if it was overwatering related but it's still f00ked

R I P sweet prince

Attachments

• dying 1.jpg
    dying 1.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 86
  • dying 2.jpg
    dying 2.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 84
  • dying 3.jpg
    dying 3.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 80
5L square pot, the thing is definitely not even close to rootbound. I dug around in the soil trying to find moisture discrepancies etc, it's no where near being full

Could be out of food maybe though?

5L square pot, the thing is definitely not even close to rootbound. I dug around in the soil trying to find moisture discrepancies etc, it's no where near being full

Could be out of food maybe though?

I grow in a similar mix to the KIS mix. I've been using it over and over for years. So no you're not running out of food. In a 5L pot tho all bets are off. You want to run in MINIMUM 5 GALLON pot for organic water only soil.

Up pot that gal she doesn't look that bad actually. Just not happy her roots are cramped. You likely broke some roots digging around, don't do that. IF you think there's a watering problem water the plant. VERY unlikely she's been watered too much at this size in a 5L pot.

You're probably getting run out right away when watering. Let the plant sit in the runoff and she will drink the runoff back overnight. Likely faster.

Up pot, add some mycos to the hole and some EWC and kelp meal.

Water FTW. You will be fine. The plants not dying..... yet.

thanks for the reply, Can you explain about the need to up pot though

Is it due to the soil being out of food?

The root ball is nowhere near filling this 5L

How do you know this?

I'll bet my last gold dollar she's root bound. I do this all the time with VEG plants and organic soil.

When my plants start complaining in VEG at this size and they usually do, its time to up pot. You can perk her up with a EWC and Kelp tea

1/2 cup ewc + 1/4 cup kelp meal in 3-5 gal water steep or aerate overnight and water in no need to strain. Can spoon on the remains. This will not hurt or burn your plants.

Back
Top Bottom