Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

I have a mars 300w which is the direct competitor of my light. The second place plant will be flowered under my mars 300w in my 3x3. It won't be a one light vs another though because the second place plant will be vegged longer in a bigger pot to take clones from to replace my flowering plants in my 4x4. I will however know the comparison in bud quality between the two lights.

I'll say this now, my GROWant that I'm currently using in my 4x4 until my seeds come in is making the best looking buds in my tent.
Without owning either light myself, i would be willing to bet on the results you are achieving. Just from what I've read around here, let's just say I wouldn't take " the other light" even if it was for free.

Without owning either light myself, i would be willing to bet on the results you are achieving. Just from what I've read around here, let's just say I wouldn't take " the other light" even if it was for free.

Lol

We are happy to announce the October JOTM winner is VexGrows!
Congratulations!
He will be receiving, amongst other things from our wonderful 420 Sponsors.
A GROWant G5 PRO HiPAR G400
Once again hats off to @VexGrows Definitely check out his journal. He's a flux master. .

IT should beat the shit out of the Mars 300 as that's very outdated technology. A more fair test would probably be if you compared with one of the lamps they produced after 2015 :) The 300 is a piece of shit, but you can rebuild it pretty cheap to a COB. Have seen many do that with those old lamps.

One of those fluxers :) It's an interesting growth technique. Wasn't it light addict from the 420 forum that "invented" that method? Not sure, but I think so

We are happy to announce the October JOTM winner is VexGrows!
Congratulations!
He will be receiving, amongst other things from our wonderful 420 Sponsors.
A GROWant G5 PRO HiPAR G400
Once again hats off to @VexGrows Definitely check out his journal. He’s a flux master. .

So - I am thinking a little bit about the future. When I build my next room it will be 3 times bigger than the current main room. Thinking 320cm x 480 cm. In that area I want to flower 64 plants. The current main-room which is 320cm x160cm will most likely become a vegg room. But not 100 percent sure about this. Perhaps I keep them both as flowering rooms and then use my tents for vegg.

Anyway - Let's say I want to cover an area of 320cm times 480cm. How many lamps would you use and which lamps would fill this room for me the best and most cost effective? If I were going to use the same lamps as now, I would need minimum 4 of them to cover this area and this would cost me minimum 2279 USD and pull almost minimum 3200 watts from the wall.

Now - I know these lamps in and out, and I know they perform extremely well. I don't have a single bad word to say about either the lamps I am using or the company I bought them from. But if I can achieve the same with other lamps, for less money and end up using less electricity. Then the choice is not really hard. I have no obligations towards any companies so I can choose very freely any company I want when I equip my current and future grow-spaces. (Just felt I had to say that since some people seem to be under the impression I am sponsored by Mars-Hydro - I am not. I just used a fortune on their lamps and also won one of their competitions)

Anyway - I will respect GroWant and not talk much about their competition in this thread.

Where were we? - Yes - lamps - Which lamps would you recommend to cover such an area and can you guarantee your lamps will perform like stated? I just find it extremely difficult to believe you can get that many watts performance from such a low draw. I know many LED companies have a tendency to overdo those numbers a little. I would be so pissed if I invested a small fortune in lamps for such a big room and then later find out the lamps I already have are performing better. That's a thing I like about that particular company. They don't overrate their lamps, rather the opposite

IT should beat the shit out of the Mars 300 as that's very outdated technology. A more fair test would probably be if you compared with one of the lamps they produced after 2015 :) The 300 is a piece of shit, but you can rebuild it pretty cheap to a COB. Have seen many do that with those old lamps.
I was in no position to put it so bluntly, but I'm glad u did

Congratulations VexGrows on the win :) Hoping to see many new nugs worthy of a price grown under Growant

Ok @GROWant, if someone was thinking about a new light, someone who knows diddly about LED...lol

What one, or two, of yer lights would be good for a 2'x5'x5'6" tent, odviously I can't keep the light over 24" above the plants all the time due to the height, using a t5 now

It's mainly an auto/veg tent so run my auto Strain in it and veg from 2week old seedlings till they go to the big girl tent with a 600w HPS

Graciass

I'm really looking forward to using the G5 Pro, especially after watching a few YT videos. Oh, and definitely interested in picking up the remote as well. Haha

Hey Scorpio420,
I hope you're enjoying your day.
2x5 is a unique size. We have a few options you could go with.
Since you will be running autos and veggin photos. Then those photos will be then transferred to a flower tent.
I would suggest this. Instead of one of our larger models that would cover the whole tent 10sqft. I would go with x2 of our G3 HiPAR GR240 models. These only pull 80watts at the wall. They have a core flower coverage of 2x2 veg coverage 3x3.
I suggest x2 of these models for a few reasons.
If you ever decide to do a full run of autos in there you have plenty of light.
With limited head space in your tent, running some smaller units over one larger unit can assure a more even canopy coverage.
And lastly, When you put your photos in your other tent to flower you can easily put one of these units in there as well. The addition of the GROWant full spectrum with your 600 will really lead to some great nugs.

Hey Scorpio420,
I hope you’re enjoying your day.
Since you will be running autos and veggin photos. Then those photos will be then transferred to a flower tent.
I would suggest this. Instead of one of our larger models that would cover the whole tent 10sqft. I would go with x2 of our G3 HiPAR GR240 models. These only pull 80watts at the wall. They have a core flower coverage of 2x2 veg coverage 3x3.
With limited head space in your tent, running some smaller units over one larger unit can assure a more even canopy coverage.
And lastly, When you put your photos in your other tent to flower you can easily put one of these units in there as well. The addition of the GROWant full spectrum with your 600 will really lead to some great nugs.

Been debating on adding some LED in my Big Tent, 4x4, with the HPS, But still learning about LED

Thanks Buddy

Hey Scorpio420,
I hope you’re enjoying your day.

Thats what @SweetSue has Right

So - I am thinking a little bit about the future. When I build my next room it will be 3 times bigger than the current main room. Thinking 320cm x 480 cm. In that area I want to flower 64 plants. The current main-room which is 320cm x160cm will most likely become a vegg room. But not 100 percent sure about this. Perhaps I keep them both as flowering rooms and then use my tents for vegg.

Anyway - Let's say I want to cover an area of 320cm times 480cm. How many lamps would you use and which lamps would fill this room for me the best and most cost effective? If I were going to use the same lamps as now, I would need minimum 4 of them to cover this area and this would cost me minimum 2279 USD and pull almost minimum 3200 watts from the wall.

Now - I know these lamps in and out, and I know they perform extremely well. I don't have a single bad word to say about either the lamps I am using or the company I bought them from. But if I can achieve the same with other lamps, for less money and end up using less electricity. Then the choice is not really hard. I have no obligations towards any companies so I can choose very freely any company I want when I equip my current and future grow-spaces. (Just felt I had to say that since some people seem to be under the impression I am sponsored by Mars-Hydro - I am not. I just used a fortune on their lamps and also won one of their competitions)

Anyway - I will respect GroWant and not talk much about their competition in this thread.

Where were we? - Yes - lamps - Which lamps would you recommend to cover such an area and can you guarantee your lamps will perform like stated? I just find it extremely difficult to believe you can get that many watts performance from such a low draw. I know many LED companies have a tendency to overdo those numbers a little. I would be so pissed if I invested a small fortune in lamps for such a big room and then later find out the lamps I already have are performing better. That's a thing I like about that particular company. They don't overrate their lamps, rather the opposite

First off, that's going to be an awesome flower room regardless who's lights you go with. As growers I think we all want to be able to have that much space. Congrats on whatever you are doing, because it seems you are doing it right.
Let me put some numbers together for you and I will let you know. For that big of a set up I need to give some more thought before I just blurt something out. I'll send you something tomorrow. Then we can go from there. Take it easy DeVille

Back
Top Bottom