Welcome

Hey Joe thanks for the add links. Found a sweet seed bank over there that I plan to get my seeds from. Any today when I look at my plants my Big Bud has some yellowing on the leaves tip. Is anything that I can do or you would recommend? Is that an nitrogen problem?
image8661.jpg
image8660.jpg

Thanks. All the help is appreciated.

just monitor it. For right now I dont consider it a problem since otherwise it looks like a healthy seedling.

Ok Joe I got it & I'll take ya word for it but it's not suppose to be yellow & I wanna know why it done that. I check my ph & ppm on a regular basis. I keep my water temps down. It never goes up past 72. That's the highest I ever seen it. Other than how ya been doin bud?! Thanks for staying with me.

Im doing good . Put new pictures up in my journal earlier today go have a look.

Hey man it looks great. I'm finding in my first grow a little goes a long way and most of the time doing less is the best. I digg your set up though. Planning on flowering under the t5 lights?

Thanks Panda & yes I think I'm just gonna see what it does oves the next couple of days. If it gets worse I'm just gonna change the water & let it sit in some fresh ph water for a day or so then I'll add nutes on the low end. Yes I will be flowering with t5 lights. I'm just gonna change the bulbs. I'm subbed to your grow. May it get greener by the day.

If the yellowing/burning is more then 1/4th of your leaf it may be time to do something but as of right now it may be getting a tad to much nutrient. If you really dont want to see any burn at all then cut back otherwise your plants are beautiful and healthy. When growing its important not to overreact to every little thing as most are easily fixable. Overreact may cause a problem where there isnt one. Keep me updated on what the leaves do for further help.

Thanks Panda & yes I think I'm just gonna see what it does oves the next couple of days. If it gets worse I'm just gonna change the water & let it sit in some fresh ph water for a day or so then I'll add nutes on the low end. Yes I will be flowering with t5 lights. I'm just gonna change the bulbs. I'm subbed to your grow. May it get greener by the day.

Yeah buddy. It's looking up. I am interested to see how the t5s do for flower. My next purchase will be another 8tube fixture to fill out my veg space. This one will be half the size of the one in there now. You could get two 600watt hps in that rent and blow it out. Might not even need that much. Also I had some plants that were cloned and put in hydro and moved to soil and they are killing it. I don't have the time to get into hydro that much yet.

Yeah switching it like that will cause severe stress. It can be done but it isnt very efficient if your goal is to keep your plants all alive.

Yea I think I learned my lesson about transplanting. Won't to that again. I figured I would leave them alone since tomorrow I change nutes anyway. I'll just cut down on what I give. I got roots coming out the net pots so I'm excited about that. I'm gonna build a net to go on top of the bucket as soon as I find an DIY on how to build 1. Anyone know where I can learn this at plz send me the link. Thanks. Yes I have been looking just unable to find 1.

To answer your question use fish aquarium water. The fish poop is very good source. But that isnt good with hydro

Leave a bunch of gunk everywhere and it will get slimy and smelly. Thats why I grow in soil its way easier and for me it is better plus people will spend more to buy organic buds. because of the better taste.

Uh the fish that I mentioned in the post and their shit to use as a fertilizer. You asked for advice and I gave it.

Very cool that you started a journal! Sorry I missed it until now. But, caught up and will give whatever help I can as a dirt guy vs hydro. Your girl looks great though and I agree with Joe, don't overreact on the burnt tip. Make small adjustments so you don't end up chasing your tail. Remember that this is a very interconnected hobby and it all plays together (humidity, temp, nutes, water temp etc) so your burnt ends don't always mean the same thing mine do. IE: Read lots before you make a decision.

Aquarium water from doing fish water changes is a great fert for sure. I have used it mostly with large outdoor gardens though that would take all I could give them and never blink. I have access to lots but don't use it on my indoor garden because I have no way to quantify how much I am applying. I would like to though and need to figure out how to integrate it into my garden. I agree with Joe again here though and I wouldn't put fish water near your hydro unless you were go all into aquaculture and knew all the complexities of that.

Looks great and welcome to the greatest virtual place on earth

Thanks for explaining that Dr. Bob. Appreciate the info. When I seen the edge leaf browning I changed my reservoir out & weakened the nutes. A couple days later it was like 2 more leaves tip that started to brown. So I left it alone till this morning. This morning when I checked, the leaves are about the same but I took a peep at the roots that's hanging out the net cup & they have some brown to them. It's not slimy just browning. I have 2 plants in the same bubbler system & only 1 plant is doing this. The other 1 isn't as big & it doesn't have roots hanging out the net cup. The roots are coming out of the rockwool tho. I'll take pics when the
lights come back on. Also the smaller plants leaves aren't browning either.

Back
Top Bottom