Welcome

Preciate that Dr. Bob. That watering seem to do them very well. When I water them again should I do the plain water again or give a lil nutes?

I am with CO Finest on this one now. I used to do every other watering but now I do Water/Water/Nutes as well. But also watch closely for deficiency.

Bob ;)

Thanks. I figured as much. Really seeing that the plants don't need as much nutes than I thought they would. Pretty cool. But like I said I do have this plant that has the umbrella affect & the leaves are starting to change colors.
image9117.jpg
image9118.jpg
image9119.jpg

It seems as tho this plant needs 1on1 treatment. She doesn't respond they way the other plants do. I was thinking maybe add some nitrogen but I wanted to see what you guys say first. You gentleman have a good day.

Do those discolored leaves ever touch the soil when you water the plant? Those leaves are pretty big for a plant so small. Have you used anything to support it so it doesnt fall over or completely uproot from that weight? How thick is the stem supporting it?

In veg it seems water between nutes works.. But in flower you want to spank it until the flush

I think Joe may be onto something with those leaves ending up wet or dirty after a water. My big fans will discolor like that if I let them hang. Can you see it in this pic?

CarameloLST330.JPG

I think I can see it and it looks kinda like your issue. Be careful about nutes at this stage and size. Learn your plants over time and they will reward you over and over again.

Bob ;)

my caramel seedling looks like crap i don't know if im gonna keep it the next couple weeks in veg will tell
what kinda soil are you using gold?

my caramel seedling looks like crap i don't know if im gonna keep it the next couple weeks in veg will tell

Good ole ProMix with all of nothing but FF suite of ferts. I am thinking of switching to D&S for my next go around. Mine started really slow and was looking the worst of my 3 seedlings but now she is maybe the strongest of the 3. So don't lose hope in her. :high-five:

Sorry for just getting back to you guys. But I just started my new job & it kick my butt. Well I went ahead & fucked my plant up. I really have to learn to let things play out. I foilar sprayed her before I went to work yesterday with some nitrogen & water hoping it would rid itself of the umbrella affect. Well the plant str8 up just died after that. It sucks tho. That seemed like a good plant. When I pulled it out the soil it had some big time roots. It surprised me. Thanks to you guys help I now know what not to do. But I want to say with the roots being so much it show me that even tho the plant was small it was building it's roots up. IMO Pretty cool lesson learned as far as the root thing goes.

Do those discolored leaves ever touch the soil when you water the plant? Those leaves are pretty big for a plant so small. Have you used anything to support it so it doesnt fall over or completely uproot from that weight? How thick is the stem supporting it?

I'm not gonna say they never touch the soil because they may just touch it but they don't just sit there in the soil.

I am with CO Finest on this one now. I used to do every other watering but now I do Water/Water/Nutes as well. But also watch closely for deficiency.

Bob ;)

I think it's only right. I agree with ya on the nutes & water. I watered them today for the 2nd time. So my next watering will be with nutes. I'm really gonna be easy with the nutes. I'm gonna put half of what I put in. Thanks for the help Dr. Bob.

Hey Cronichemphog I used Fox Farm potting soil, perlite, & a small bag of Bone meal. Really nothing special. When I started it was what I could afford at the time. I get fresh soil this weekend & I will be transplanting my BigBud soon. What kinda of recipe do you have? All I have is like Home Depot & Wally World. Home Depot I'm sure has better soil than Wally World. Give me some options.

Hey Cronichemphog I used Fox Farm potting soil, perlite, & a small bag of Bone meal. Really nothing special. When I started it was what I could afford at the time. I get fresh soil this weekend & I will be transplanting my BigBud soon. What kinda of recipe do you have? All I have is like Home Depot & Wally World. Home Depot I'm sure has better soil than Wally World. Give me some options.

Personally I am a fan of ProMix as a base for any soil grow. I have used both FF soils, MG, Gold, etc and the Pro Mix has helped me be in control instead of the mix. Next I want to try the Docs mix or maybe D&S as the FF just seem hot and unpredictable. Not to mention that they are not directly supportive of the community so why support them in turn.

Back
Top Bottom