What could be wrong here?

fre0005

plant looks like it is starting to die, first goes yellow curls at the end then brown and slowly dies and falls off.. what could be the problem ?
IMG_99112.JPG
IMG_99102.JPG
IMG_99092.JPG
IMG_99082.JPG
IMG_99072.JPG
IMG_9905.JPG
IMG_99042.JPG
IMG_99031.JPG

It may be various causes. Please give more information about soil, lights and so on.

soil: hortico all purpose blend potting mix ( organic based potting mix) with yates organic dynamic lifter plant food - thought the plant food might have been the problem so flushed out the plants still no better though using 400w mh light

A few things to check.
1. How much are you watering? Looks like too much, I Am with Richard here. When you water you must fully soak the soil. Then you must let it go almost bone dry. The roots need a cycle of wet dry or they will drown and stop taking in nutrients.

2. Are your plants on a cement floor or a wood or tile floor above cement? If there is a floor like that it will suck the heat out of the soil and lock out nutrients. Our Mary Jane can have warm feet and a cold head and be fine. A warm head and cold feet is a recipe for disaster. The roots in cold soil are on low activity, while the top is warm and trying to grow. If the roots don't give energy to the plant it steals nutrients from the lower leaves to make new ones.

hey guys sorry for late reply. it is getting worse. ph level is about 5.5.. this is my first grow. what are some good nutrients to use (aus) i have been letting the soil dry out then fully soaking the plants. temp sits around 28 degrees celsius

hey guys sorry for late reply. it is getting worse. ph level is about 5.5.. this is my first grow. what are some good nutrients to use (aus) i have been letting the soil dry out then fully soaking the plants. temp sits around 28 degrees celsius

nutrient_chart_454.gif

Hey mate, have a look at this chart I have seen in several places on this site. As you can see (unless I am incorrect, quite possible) at 5.5 pH for soil you could potentially be locking out Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium and Magnesium meaning your plant might be absorbing little or no of those nutrients. I think nitrogen deficiency can cause yellowing and I'm sure the other nutrients could be contributing to your problems so in my beginners mind that could be the issue, however I am sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon!

so i bought a ph meter today, (was using a ph test kit before) and it said my soil was at about 3ph.. upped the ph level but the highest i could get was 5.. do i just keep adding more and more until its at the right level? also i was using water straight from the tap and noticed when i added the water the ph level would drop significantly so how should i water also

I'm a complete beginner, especially with pH so can't give you much info on but have a read through here
How can I measure the pH of soil/soilless runoff?

What method are you using to test the pH?

Seems like what you want to do is adjust your tap water to 7pH so that you know what it is and that it is neutral. You then water and measure the run off of the soil to see how much it changes. And then if it is significantly lower add lime to the soil as described in the link rather than adding pH buffer or lots of buffered water

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if you pH is truly 3 needs to be corrected pretty quickly, have read that with high ambient temps and a pH that low that the risk of fungal issues is greatly increased.

I'm a complete beginner, especially with pH so can't give you much info on but have a read through here
How can I measure the pH of soil/soilless runoff?

What method are you using to test the pH?

Seems like what you want to do is adjust your tap water to 7pH so that you know what it is and that it is neutral. You then water and measure the run off of the soil to see how much it changes. And then if it is significantly lower add lime to the soil as described in the link rather than adding pH buffer or lots of buffered water

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if you pH is truly 3 needs to be corrected pretty quickly, have read that with high ambient temps and a pH that low that the risk of fungal issues is greatly increased.

im using a PH meter in the soil, its at about 5-6 now so thats alright. i upped the ph using lime also

Is this a true ph tester that is used on the nute solution or one that u stick in the ground/ soil?
i just tested it using the one with the solution and the rusults are roughly the same, though i find it harder to use that one rather then the one that you stick in the soil which is reading just over 6 now

It almost looks like a nutrient lock out either due to ph or there just not being enough. Try to give it some Alg-a-mic or Acti-Vera (biobizz products).

Sounds like you dealt with it well, are the plants starting to perk up?

the bigger plant was pretty much gone by the time i did anything about it, i havent noticed that much yet except for they havent got any worse... think i might scratch these and start again now that i know what was wrong

PH has to be spot on, no nutes for plants this small (try reading about growing before actually doing it) and damaged leaves will stay that way - they don't recover.

It's not the worst thing plants died - they probably would not yield you a whole lot after this. Just take it easy - make sure soil is 6,5-7 PH, water is PH 6,5. NO NUTES for first month!!!

pH doesn't really matter it's in soil regular tap water is fine. The soil buffers the water to get a better soil is more important the messing with the pH. Try to get a good soil like Biobizz or Plagron. I don't even have a pH meter.

Back
Top Bottom