What is the best method for germination?

greengoblen

Hi yall, total newbie here! had a question, just got in some fresh seeds and was wondering what the best way to go about the germination process would be for the highest success rate. thanks everyone!

I have the best luck just planting them right in the soil. Water the soil before hand, make sure it's properly drained off, pop the seed in there and wait three days. Has always worked like a charm for me. I have tried other methods including soaking the seeds in water until they open, paper towel method, and Rapid Rooters. None of those have served me well.

I have the best luck just planting them right in the soil. Water the soil before hand, make sure it's properly drained off, pop the seed in there and wait three days. Has always worked like a charm for me. I have tried other methods including soaking the seeds in water until they open, paper towel method, and Rapid Rooters. None of those have served me well.

Did you water at all after you popped them in for the few days?

i've tried all the methods also,now i just plant them directly into my well watered medium which i make from a little bit of vermiculite,perlite, peat and a little sand,the sand gives the mix a little wieght and also helps pull the seed husk off when it pushes through the surface .

Did you water at all after you popped them in for the few days?

No, you want to properly water the medium first. I like to get it nice and wet and make sure it is properly drained so it's wet, but not soaking. That has me well watered for at least a week with seed usually showing up in 3 or 4 days.

Hi yall, total newbie here! had a question, just got in some fresh seeds and was wondering what the best way to go about the germination process would be for the highest success rate. thanks everyone!

Going the way Nature pops seeds is best, in my opinion. Moist soil, warm temperatures, med-intensity light (mimicking Springtime outdoors).

I use a small plastic tupperware container with a few sheets of papertowel folded up and wrapped over the seeds. Dampen with clean water, seal, and leave it on an upper shelf in my grow room (75-80 degrees f). Over a period of a few days they'll bud and I plant them, node down into germination cups filled with miracle grow potting soil.

Back
Top Bottom