What is up now? Fan leaves on Auto Blue Dream

Opih8

Hiya,
Can anyone help identify wtf is up with fan leaves on auto blue dream please ? Is also present in couple leaves on other plants also but so bad on this one that I had to take all other main fan leaves off (thru panic!)
400w hps +couple cheap leds & big fan. Just swapped over from 250w MH and the leds so maybe something to do with heat ? I use hanging de-humidifier bags but is still mighty hot n humid.
Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

looks like spider mite damage,, the mites should be visible as well,,

tho it looks like spider mite damage,, the spots seem oddly large and different sizes, which is unusual for spider mite damage

so,, not for positive it looks like spider mite damage,, ha

karma sent friend

looks like spider mite damage,, the mites should be visible as well,,

tho it looks like spider mite damage,, the spots seem oddly large and different sizes, which is unusual for spider mite damage

so,, not for positive it looks like spider mite damage,, ha

karma sent friend
Cheers dude, I thought ‘shit,bugz’ myself but also can’t see any presence of the little ***ks after taking the other fan leaves off and looking under magnifying glass ! Neemed them 3 days ago ,and last night anyway ! Could the light change (even with 10”fan it’s bout 34-36’c in there now compared to 26’c with the MH) have stressed them out so much it looks like they’re fuckin eating themselves???

Hey @Opih8 and welcome to the forum!

These spots on the underside of the leaves are very strange...

1664790487029.png

What do they look like under magnification? Are they raised areas? How would you describe them?

Do you happen to spray anything recently (before finding these spots) that fell on the top of the leaves and tiny droplets burned the leaves?

Hiya 808,
Single frond (top and underside) from ‘alleged’ auto jack h , other 2 pics of ‘alleged auto blue dream’ bd on left & jack on right in other pic.
No bumps, to me just look like they have been eaten appear to be same on underside as they are on the top like they have been eaten straight through and sucked dry. only problem is There are no fuckin critters to be seen at all… ! Might it be nute lock out ? I’ve winged it more or less for 30 yrs+ but know very little about the causes of that !
Put these 2 (4 weeks old) back under the 250mh last night just in case it was something to do with heat/humidity from the 400hps the dodgy spots started appearing bout week ago tho. Haven’t misted them at all . Sprayed with neem only 3 or 4 days ago after I thought bugz must be about. Only reason they were under hps so soon was coz their cupboard wasn’t ready yet !!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ps, there’s a Turkish or Afghan (honestly can’t remember which cutting survived) in the cupboard they were in originally which I was banging into flower, hence the lighting change, and there has only been a couple spotty leaves !! Having said which , what ever plant it came from it as a hardy bastard , whereas from everything I have heard and the 3 time’s I’ve grown them autos are not particularly!

image.jpg

Hiya 808,
Single frond (top and underside) from ‘alleged’ auto jack h , other 2 pics of ‘alleged auto blue dream’ bd on left & jack on right in other pic.
No bumps, to me just look like they have been eaten appear to be same on underside as they are on the top like they have been eaten straight through and sucked dry. only problem is There are no fuckin critters to be seen at all… ! Might it be nute lock out ? I’ve winged it more or less for 30 yrs+ but know very little about the causes of that !
Put these 2 (4 weeks old) back under the 250mh last night just in case it was something to do with heat/humidity from the 400hps the dodgy spots started appearing bout week ago tho. Haven’t misted them at all . Sprayed with neem only 3 or 4 days ago after I thought bugz must be about. Only reason they were under hps so soon was coz their cupboard wasn’t ready yet !!
So, these spots are on more than one of your plants. Are there any of the spots on new leaves?

I don't know much about spider mites (aka the Borg), but with the right magnification you should be able to see the bugs and eggs on the underside of the leaves.

Cannabis septoria

Septoria is a species of plant pathogen from the genus Septoria that causes the disease commonly known as Septoria leaf spot. Early symptoms of infection are concentric white lesions on the vegetative leaves of cannabis plants, followed by chlorosis and necrosis of the leaf until it is ultimately overcome by disease and all living cells are then killed. Septoria, which is an ascomycete and pycnidia producing fungus, has been well known to attack Solanaceae and Cucurbitaceae species as well as many tree species. This genus is known to comprise over 1,000 species of pathogens, each infecting a specific and unique host.
Screenshot_20221003-192529_Google.jpg

I would especially be concerned if other plants are showing symptoms.

If not handled properly, leaf septoria can be devastating to plants, destroying foliage, stunting their growth, and ultimately affecting the size and quality of their yields.

Ya. Come and gone to each of his plants.
Yep. There is nothing that prevents the mites from one plant walking over to the next one. It is a case of the grass is always greened on the other side of the fence.;)

Most of those spots look typical for the start of a mite problem. As they reproduce it will just get worse. The old spots will not turn green again. After they have eaten the leaf surface and the inner part of the leaf in one tiny area they will more over to the green area nearby and start feeding there.

In the meantime they are laying eggs and some of those spots do look like eggs. For the most part a mite is mature enough to lay eggs by the time it is 3 to 4 days old. Forgot how many days it takes before those eggs can hatch. But, it is not long and the population has doubled.

Sprayed with neem only 3 or 4 days ago after I thought bugz must be about.
The Neem Oil spray will slowly kill some of the mites but there seems to be a few that do not die. Since Neem Oil seems to have little effect on eggs those eggs that were there have probably hatched. The surviving Mites have laid more eggs.

Mix up and spray with the Need Oil once a day for at least 3 days in a row. Take a break for a day and spray for 3 days. Then, if all goes well, you can start to spray once a week. Each spraying means getting the solution on the tops of the leaves and the underside. Top to bottom of the plant and even get some spray on the stems. Spray the walls, especially along the corners and near any toe moldings. Anywhere a mite can hide.

The younger mites are tiny, smaller than most of us can see without a microscope. If nothing is done to kill them then some of them will live long enough to grow large enough to be seen. That seems to be about the same time the first webs start to show up.

Cheers dudes,
I have had a visit from Borg bout 25yrs ago and it wasn’t pretty, fuckin webs everywhere and tiny little red fuckers running about my plants eating them-didn’t notice anything until webs came ! Can I not kill my plants ( they are only young ) by over-neeming them ? I have a “Lazarus” plant outside that firstly (coz of our incredibly un-Scottish summer this year - beastie heaven on earth!) got eaten by whitefly - was recommended vinegar and promptly killed plant ! However new sprouts appeared from dead plant and soon u would never have thought anything had occurred. Whitefly were still about tho & started eating again so gt neem oil (I’d been paid by this time or wouldn’t have used fuckin vinegar) mixed up in right proportions and sprayed the living shit out of it - bad move - didn’t know you could over-neem ! Oops. Point being if I can kill a 2m beast of a plant spraying every day or 2 - is it safe to do it on 20/25cm auto or is there an alternative that will kill ‘em all Borg +eggs ?
Lazarus is a whole different thread coz has just gone into flower now - bear in mind this is Scotland !

I agree with @SmokingWings, but I think you should at least verify with magnification that you have bugs or eggs. If you do find some, then you could proceed with a neem solution. I recommend 2 tbsp neem and 1 tbsp Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap in 1 gal pure water, in the pump sprayer, shake very well. You can add 12 drops of pure orange essential oil (limonene) to the mix – it's a potent insecticide. You could even add more than 12 drops, maybe up to 20, but be careful because it can burn the leaves.

Is best pic there is papa. iPhone camera’s pretty fukd , like rest of my bloody phones ! Anyway, took off last 3 or 4 leaves that had spots and then neemed them again when lights went off, so will see what occurs (or not).
All the pics of various maladies I’ve seen both on this thread and elsewhere are damned close but none of them is ‘Goldilocks’ ! ie burnt looking edges . Never noticed the regimented bump-like things , nice spot . (Pardon the pun !

Is best pic there is papa. iPhone camera’s pretty fukd , like rest of my bloody phones ! Anyway, took off last 3 or 4 leaves that had spots and then neemed them again when lights went off, so will see what occurs (or not).
All the pics of various maladies I’ve seen both on this thread and elsewhere are damned close but none of them is ‘Goldilocks’ ! ie burnt looking edges . Never noticed the regimented bump-like things , nice spot . (Pardon the pun !
Ps it’s the burnt tips that throw most everything but lock-out and nute burn out of the running imho

was recommended vinegar and promptly killed plant
There are several recommendations for using a vinegar & water mix for killing some insects. Spraying cider vinegar and water mixes on plants are used as a way to reduce mildews and some molds.

Bad thing is there are people on the internet or in any group of growers who just say a 'vinegar spray' and never mention that it has to be diluted down enough to remove the risk of burning the leaves. A pure vinegar spray can kill all the leaves on a plant; sometimes kill the entire plant, roots and all. That is one of the reasons we sometimes see short articles mentioning using vinegar to kill the plants coming up in sidewalks or patios.

Back
Top Bottom