What's a girl to do?

BakedCupcake

420 Member
Hey everyone! I'm here for help! When my hubby decided to grow a few months ago, I was adamant that I wanted nothing to do with it, no responsibility for it, nothing. Since then, I've helped grow our little seedlings and helped set up our tent, engineered our mounting systems for fans, ventilation, etc... And now, due to unforseen circumstances, I'm taking over the grow 100%. What else could I do?

But now what??

Our seedlings' growth has stunted after reaching only a couple inches tall. I'll be over in The Grow Room poring over threads while I try to get these babies back on track.

A little about me: I'm a mom of 3 dogs. Married to integrationlabgod. I've used medical cannabis for about 6 months. I'm a self-proclaimed badass who always figures out a way to make it work and doesn't take failure as an option, and I'm all about doing something about it if you're not happy with your circumstances. Yet too sweet for my own good. Lol

I'm excited to be here, and super nervous. My daddy always said "it's just a weed" when it comes to growing, but what if I can't even grow a weed properly?!

Hey Cupcake, I always remind myself that it is a weed. I can never seem to kill them in my grass so there is always hope, but you go this!

Have any pics? They might not be stunted, but concentrating on growing roots.... My always seem to come up, and then stop for 3-5 days, and then continue.

:welcome:

Welcome Bakedcupcake to :420:
Do you have any pics ?
What medium soil or hydro?
Thanks!
Using soil. Here are the babies in question. They sprouted and we're planted around 2 weeks ago. Moved them off their heat mat today (cold in our basement, but has been better lately and I wonder if they were too hot perhaps?) in hopes that they'd pick up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_150948.jpg
    IMG_20200305_150948.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200305_150920.jpg
    IMG_20200305_150920.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 65
Welcome! That can-do attitude is very important with growing because there will be times you will get discouraged or things go sideways. Sometimes with the help of the internet you can save it, sometimes you have to start over and learn from it. I've come to appreciate growing as a game of chess where you're always outsmarting a new enemy!

Now, for your babies...
How old are they? And what size pot are they in?
Honestly if less than 3 weeks i wouldn't worry as long as they are alive and upright. Some take longer than others and at this phase they're transitioning from using stored nutrients from their seed pod to pushing out new roots to find external food sources. Feed lightly and only water when soil dries but don't wait so long that they stress. You want to encourage their roots to spread looking for what they need but not drowning in wet soil.
Once the roots establish they should take off!

I've looked at these some and took what hubby said that he's learned from those threads, and I intend to read through again! Thanks for linking them for me! ❤️

Welcome! That can-do attitude is very important with growing because there will be times you will get discouraged or things go sideways. Sometimes with the help of the internet you can save it, sometimes you have to start over and learn from it. I've come to appreciate growing as a game of chess where you're always outsmarting a new enemy!

Now, for your babies...
How old are they? And what size pot are they in?
Honestly if less than 3 weeks i wouldn't worry as long as they are alive and upright. Some take longer than others and at this phase they're transitioning from using stored nutrients from their seed pod to pushing out new roots to find external food sources. Feed lightly and only water when soil dries but don't wait so long that they stress. You want to encourage their roots to spread looking for what they need but not drowning in wet soil.
Once the roots establish they should take off!
Maybe we're rushing it. They've only been planted for about 2 weeks and they're certainly green and upright. Perhaps our pitfall was comparing our babies' growth rates to those of others' plants.

Yeah, you will look at other people's pics and start doubting yours.
They look great! That being said,nif you get into cloning down the road your turn around time will be different.

Have any pics? They might not be stunted, but concentrating on growing roots.... My always seem to come up, and then stop for 3-5 days, and then continue.

:welcome:
The largest was planted about 2 weeks ago. Other two followed after a couple days.

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_150948.jpg
    IMG_20200305_150948.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200305_150920.jpg
    IMG_20200305_150920.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 44
Also remember that different strains grow differently. As a new grower I'd focus on keeping them alive and happy and worry about growth rates and yields after a few successful rounds.

Looking pretty good! Can-do attitude is great but patience is equally important in growing. Many a noob has loved her plants to death. Be sure to let the soil dry substantially before watering and don't let them sit in runoff water in their little trays there. You said it was cool in their location? How cool ? Seedlings seems to do best at 22-26C in my experience. Cold will slow them down considerably. As mentioned above they are mostly working on roots at this stage, hence the importance of proper watering. Best of luck with your grow!

Howdy. :ciao:
Just a quick though or two.
Keep your root zone no lower than 64°f And no higher than 80. One plant has a bit of a droop. My guess is temp related or watering. They look saturated and peat pots have a wicking action so they stay cooler than plastic pots. You mentioned that you are in a basement and it seemes like you were jockeying with the temps down there a little bit.
Just something to keep in mind as cool temps will slow or stop growth.

They look good.

Howdy. :ciao:
Just a quick though or two.
Keep your root zone no lower than 64°f And no higher than 80. One plant has a bit of a droop. My guess is temp related or watering. They look saturated and peat pots have a wicking action so they stay cooler than plastic pots. You mentioned that you are in a basement and it seemes like you were jockeying with the temps down there a little bit.
Just something to keep in mind as cool temps will slow or stop growth.

They look good.
Oops, I just tested soil temp with plants off the heat mat (just took them off 2 hours ago for the first time) and they're down to 59°F . They're back on the mat now for sure! I'm glad you said something! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom